The end of Guy Fieri: NY Times review.

Comments

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    you had me at donkey sauce.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,902
    I don't see a whole lot of difference between AB and GF. they're both celebrity/entertainer/chefs. AB is more of a douchebag.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive wrote:
    I don't see a whole lot of difference between AB and GF. they're both celebrity/entertainer/chefs. AB is more of a douchebag.

My two cents would be that one guy came by this 'fame' a bit more honestly than the other. (If you have never read 'Kitchen Confidential' it is a very good read.) So maybe AB has more 'chops' -- either way I imagine that GF can still cook circles around most people but he won a show on Food Network to get into the public eye.

My vote is for AB -- he gets drunk with The Black Keys and Josh Homme.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • That was tremendous... I might just go to see if it sucked that much...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    imalive wrote:

for sure AB is more of a douchebag ... the guy likes using words like "murder" to describe something already dead ... :lol::lol:
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I used to Love the DDD show, but I now get annoyed when Guy does a play-by-play of what the chef is doing...let the damn chef describe what he is doing!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    My favorite Food Network star is Alton Brown...he's such a nerd! Alton is the only person Anthony Bourdain hasn't put on the chopping block...

http://www.thebraiser.com/anthony-bourd ... trip-club/
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    RKCNDY wrote:
    My favorite Food Network star is Alton Brown...he's such a nerd! Alton is the only person Anthony Bourdain hasn't put on the chopping block...

http://www.thebraiser.com/anthony-bourd ... trip-club/
    I LOVE Alton! Dude's like a walking encyclopedia...an unpompous encyclopedia.

As to d-bagginess, I think Bourdain is just an asshole...albeit an honest, smart, funny and likable one...so he gets a pass from me.

(also to Joe - agreed on the play-by-play; keep quiet once in a while, fer chrissakes! I'd be curious to hear those chefs' takes on him)
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Anyone want to talk about Sandra lee

http://youtu.be/we2iWTJqo98
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    LloydXmas wrote:

KBgvtOGwYj_id-hit-it-two-times.jpg
    DS1119 wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:

KBgvtOGwYj_id-hit-it-two-times.jpg
    Ugh...I would too, but not that kind of hit.

She makes me wanna smack her repeatedly.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    hedonist wrote:

this
    norm wrote:
    hedonist wrote:

this

+1

She is just a glorified 'lazy cook', if she's gonna buy store bought frosting and put in cinnamon and call it her own, what's so hard about taking a stick of butter and adding a cup of sugar and cinnamon? IT'S THE SAME THING (minus the hydrogenated oils, preservatives, and chemicals)!

Her show should be called "Faking it"

and if i were to 'hit it' on a female food network star:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOwwU2W9AOJ1ljW3hAAmqoAfjuGVKJntM07XwW6TkJgRhn_FBA
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    ^yum a dum dum
    RKCNDY wrote:
    norm wrote:
    hedonist wrote:

this

+1

She is just a glorified 'lazy cook', if she's gonna buy store bought frosting and put in cinnamon and call it her own, what's so hard about taking a stick of butter and adding a cup of sugar and cinnamon? IT'S THE SAME THING (minus the hydrogenated oils, preservatives, and chemicals)!

my mom would watch her show and besides all that, she couldn't get over her outfits...seriously, who cooks/bakes in long sleeves? :roll:
    RKCNDY wrote:

hell yeah!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:

sort of looks like daisy duke.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

sort of looks like daisy duke.

giada_de_laurentiis_3_jpg.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    "Met" Giada at the Turning Stone..she was there pitching something...and lets just say her husband likes to linger to make sure everyone knows they are married. :lol:
    giada-de-laurentiis-watched-her-food-network-show-still-dont-know-how-to-boil-water.jpg
    norm wrote:
    giada-de-laurentiis-watched-her-food-network-show-still-dont-know-how-to-boil-water.jpg
    :P
    RKCNDY wrote:
    +1

OK, she's pretty, sure (though a bit toothy for my taste)...but a bitch! I ran into her several years back at Smart & Final (warehouse store) and man, was she full of herself.

Nobody smile at or address the delicate "artiste"!
    hedonist wrote:
    OK, she's pretty, sure (though a bit toothy for my taste)...but a bitch! I ran into her several years back at Smart & Final (warehouse store) and man, was she full of herself.

awww...you're breaking my heart! :(

- Christopher McCandless
    hedonist wrote:

:lol::lol:
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Anybody that wears sunglasses on the back of their head should not own a restaurant.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    norm wrote:

I used to watch her any about any time I seen her, but she was a coach on the most recent season of Next Food Network Star and she was fucking unbearable. I prefer the gal that cooks mexican since then.
    a friend texted me and said guy was on the today show doing a food tasting

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

talk about damage control. I'll have to find the link on the internet later.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    him and Doctor Phil are on NBC right now.

Dr Phil is saying its a psychological projection on the critic's part.

lol
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    hedonist wrote:

i don't think anyone is talking about marrying her ... strictly physical ... :lol::lol:

my favourite food network personality is chuck hughes ... he's mostly on food network here in canada but i think his show is on the cooking channel in the states ... he beat flay on iron chef and was a contestant on one of the next iron chefs shows ... he seems down to earth and dude loves food like i do ... simple but delicious ...
    just watched the segment.

Pretty sad that he had to show face and get support from three idiots that have zero credentials.

Kind of feel bad for him a little bit.
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    pandora wrote:
    Guy will never end for me, he's awesome! :D

Regardless of what's said about him I find his show entertaining... T-D is best show on the Food Network by a long shot. Next in line for food shows would have to be Man Vs Food on OLN. Iron Chef... meh ok i guess.

Dont get me started about Bobby Flay... im sure he is a good cook but man I seen him on a couple shows and he is a prick.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....