Marijuana legal in Seattle!

eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
edited February 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Not sure if this has been posted. I did a search and couldn't find it.
Interesting read from the police department...
http://spdblotter.seattle.gov/2012/11/09/marijwhatnow-a-guide-to-legal-marijuana-use-in-seattle/

Have fun in the Northwest!! ;)

8-)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    technically it's still not legal. last i checked, federal law supercedes state/local laws. ;)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Colorado has 'legalized' it as well.

Honestly, it's worse now that it's "legal" than it was before.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Colorado has 'legalized' it as well.

Honestly, it's worse now that it's "legal" than it was before.

If you could Fedex a pound to N.Y. I would make it worth your while. :mrgreen:
  • eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
    Ok so a federal officer would bust you but a state officer would not...

Basically if you're carrying a few smokes and smoke them in your house, you'll be fine (I don't think the FBI would chase you down) which is what the average "sensible" casual user wants... Peace of mind when smoking.

But the SPD are also saying that after December 6th they will allow certain people to sell too and it will be licensed - which also possibly means taxed. If that happens you will probably get "coffee shops" in the next few years.
    eyejacker wrote:
    Ok so a federal officer would bust you but a state officer would not...

Basically if you're carrying a few smokes and smoke them in your house, you'll be fine (I don't think the FBI would chase you down) which is what the average "sensible" casual user wants... Peace of mind when smoking.

But the SPD are also saying that after December 6th they will allow certain people to sell too and it will be licensed - which also possibly means taxed. If that happens you will probably get "coffee shops" in the next few years.

nice thinking but:

*to become a licenced grower or farmer, you will be licensed by the State Liquor Control Board, you will be required to submit your fingerprints to the FBI

*you are NOT allowed to smoke in public, nor will you be able to 'puff, puff, pass'.

*the state will determine the THC level and will do regular testing

*the product will be subjected to a 25% 'sin tax' in addition to any sales or other local and county taxes (and since Washington State has one of the highest liquor taxes currently about 48%, we can expect similar taxes on marijuana)

*the state didn't expect legalization to take effect, so as the law now stands: it is legal to possess up to an ounce of marijuana, but it is illegal to grow, sell, or buy marijuana. The State has admitted that it will take 'at least' a year to set up state run 'pot shops', find growers and all the other 'technicalities'.

*the DUI laws are messed up to, all an officer has to do is, 'presume' you are under the influence, then can take you in, if you test positive (at 5ng/mL) you have an automatic DUI and there is no fighting it, no legal re-course.

a pound would be illegal for me to procure for you...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    RKCNDY wrote:

a pound would be illegal for me to procure for you...

But you are open to the idea ? :P besides 2 once's a month would be sufficient for my personal needs.
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    Pursuing marijuana user's and growers is a waste of federal tax dollars. The term "War on drugs" is a joke. Are we really any better off than what we were in the 80's? I look around and think things have gotten worse. People are strung out on pills and meth but yes that marijuana it's the root of all evil.

The pill problem here in Chillicothe Ohio is out of control. The town is now known as Pillicothe most of the people arrested are for pills. Or for stealing your air condition so they can scrap it to buy pills. Take the money that is used for these marijuan task force and put it towards the pill problem.

Marijuana is obviouslly not a problem since so many states have medical marijuana and now two have legalized it. Plus it's smart on Washingtons part the state is taxing it 3 times. Will it wipe out any deficit? Doubtful.....but it will bring in money, put people to work either in stores or growing and don't be surprised if tourist start coming to the northwest or rockies more.

Just my two cents.
    My butt itches!
  • eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
    So it will be more or less like alcohol - to begin with...
    Apart from use in public - which I am sure the police will be lenient about according to circumstances...

And the government will make a shit load of money which, in this crisis, is part of the reason why this is happening... (If it happens in Greece, tourism will sky-rocket and we will "float" out of this recession... People will prefer to go for recreational drug holidays at sunny islands rather than rainy Amsterdam... Don't get me wrong - Amsterdam rocks - and not only for the taboo reasons!!)

So yeah, maybe not ours - but the next generation will very likely be living in a greener society...
    they project an estimated $1.9 Billion in generated revenue in the first 5 years from marijuana here, unless the feds jump in.

38,000 people die every year from prescription drugs-not just the pill poppers ad DURP was talking about, but also people who use them because they need them to live...how many marijuana related deaths have been recorded?

Hempfest should be interesting next year...

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    they project an estimated $1.9 Billion in generated revenue in the first 5 years from marijuana here, unless the feds jump in.

38,000 people die every year from prescription drugs-not just the pill poppers ad DURP was talking about, but also people who use them because they need them to live...how many marijuana related deaths have been recorded?

Hempfest should be interesting next year...

I'm so pissed I missed that by a week two years ago
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    too bad I don't live close to Oly...

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12 ... get-stoned

- Christopher McCandless
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,769
    RKCNDY wrote:
    too bad I don't live close to Oly...

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12 ... get-stoned

I might need to move> :lol:
  • 81 wrote:
    technically it's still not legal. last i checked, federal law supercedes state/local laws. ;)

Yeah, and people have been currently telling the Feds to go fuck themselves...

I wish it happened more often
  • good to know
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    http://washingtonfreedomtours.com/index.html

they are all coming out of the woodwork now... :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
  • arqarq Posts: 7,999
    RKCNDY wrote:

This is too cool :lol:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • RKCNDY wrote:

is that fish real so big or the stuff you smoking is so good? :lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    RKCNDY wrote:

maybe the stuff you are smoking is so good, you DO catch a fish that big, eat the whole thing, and are STILL hungry for more! :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

maybe the stuff you are smoking is so good, you DO catch a fish that big, eat the whole thing, and are STILL hungry for more! :lol:
    :lol:
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,769
    edited February 2013
    Pearl Jam BETER play a weeks worth of shows, at the Gorge now> ;)
    Post edited by cutz on

- Christopher McCandless
  • cutz wrote:
    Pearl Jam BETER play a weeks wotrh of shows, at the Gorge now> ;)

Many joints will be had, I assure you