more batshit crazy

ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
edited November 2012 in A Moving Train
http://samuel-warde.com/2012/11/ann-cou ... -membrane/

I don't even think I need to comment.
I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    This woman has lived in her own alternative reality for her entire adult life. There is no reality in which Mitt Romney is a "beautiful speaker".

And here's your real "takers vs makers" argument:
    GR_120918_brodwin.jpg

Obama Supporters Subsidize Romney Supporters With Their Taxes: http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/eco ... eir-taxes-
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    kenny olav wrote:
    This woman has lived in her own alternative reality for her entire adult life. There is no reality in which Mitt Romney is a "beautiful speaker".

GR_120918_brodwin.jpg

Obama Supporters Subsidize Romney Supporters With Their Taxes: http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/eco ... eir-taxes-

If you're going to use that logic, isn't it then noble that people are ostensibly willing to forego benefits that they're being offered?
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    kenny olav wrote:

GR_120918_brodwin.jpg

yes she lives on bullshit mountain.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    pjl44 wrote:
    kenny olav wrote:

GR_120918_brodwin.jpg

If you're going to use that logic, isn't it then noble that people are ostensibly willing to forego benefits that they're being offered?

Not necessarily. A lot of people on both sides aren't informed when they go to the booth. Using a Republican for example, if somebody watches FOX news they'll come away with the idea that the Republicans are going to help them (not saying they would screw them or anything, but that's just what they're being told), the little guy, and Obama wants to turn us into the USSR. They may be voting for Romney because pundits are saying stuff like Obama wants to use their tax dollars and give it all to illegal immigrants and abortion clinics.

Some may have voted for Romney because they're station in life has declined or not improved under Obama, so they wanted to give somebody else a shot. Can't blame them for that. If you listen to all the FOX news rhetoric, they're scaring people into thinking the world is going to end because of Obama though. I'm not saying everybody went to vote with FOX news ringing in their heads, I'm just saying there are other factors besides just where the tax dollars are going.

It would be noble if we were to assume everybody was informed and that things like religion, race, employers trying to tell them how to vote, partisanship, and other factors weren't playing into it. It's more complicated than that though.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    "Takers and makers"? Well that kind of turns my stomach because it's one of those cute little catch phrases which is intended to carry weight but actually only serves to be a substitute for critical thinking. If she wants to use that kind of language she at least needs to acknowledge that we are all mostly takers and not leavers (thank you Daniel Quinn who used those words as a jumping off point for well thought out views on human civilization). She said she should spend some time avoiding radio and TV. Yes, Ann, good idea. Go away.

Bullshit mountain-- good one Zoso :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    pjl44 wrote:
    kenny olav wrote:

GR_120918_brodwin.jpg

Not necessarily. A lot of people on both sides aren't informed when they go to the booth. Using a Republican for example, if somebody watches FOX news they'll come away with the idea that the Republicans are going to help them (not saying they would screw them or anything, but that's just what they're being told), the little guy, and Obama wants to turn us into the USSR. They may be voting for Romney because pundits are saying stuff like Obama wants to use their tax dollars and give it all to illegal immigrants and abortion clinics.

Some may have voted for Romney because they're station in life has declined or not improved under Obama, so they wanted to give somebody else a shot. Can't blame them for that. If you listen to all the FOX news rhetoric, they're scaring people into thinking the world is going to end because of Obama though. I'm not saying everybody went to vote with FOX news ringing in their heads, I'm just saying there are other factors besides just where the tax dollars are going.

It would be noble if we were to assume everybody was informed and that things like religion, race, employers trying to tell them how to vote, partisanship, and other factors weren't playing into it. It's more complicated than that though.

Good points all around. I was mostly playing devil's advocate on a silly chart, but do agree with your sense on how informed the electorate is in general. Lots of time spent trying to find loons on the other side to get angry at instead of looking at actual policy with a critical eye.