4 month old baby emergency surgery :(

megangrixtimegangrixti Posts: 21
edited November 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Hi Everyone.

My friend's baby Victoria needs to fly to the USA for emergency surgery on her skull and so we are trying to raise funds for her as the operation is not available in Australia.
Victoria was diagnosed with a condition where the plates in her skull are fused together and do not allow room for her brain. Without the surgery now, by the time Victoria is 1year old, she will not only need to have her skull operated on, but a full facial reconstruction also.

She and her parents are going to Texas for this operation on 6th December. The operation costs about AU$20,000, we are also trying to raise some extra dosh to help cover airfares, accommodation, follow up treatment etc. Our target is AU$30,000. So we are having an auction and donation event .

I am not in a position to be able to give financial support, however I have donated my Pearl Jam MELBOURNE 16TH NOVEMEBER 2006 poster to be auctioned off along with some other amazing items.

You can read about Victoria's story and see the details for the auction here:
https://www.facebook.com/VictoriasCranialSurgeryFundraiser

Any donation is good, even a few bucks it will all help. Christmas is coming up and I know some of you will be strapped for cash and it is cool if you don’t have any money to give. No hard feelings about that. So just donate a blessing to her. Your good will and loving vibes will be well used.
its funny when things change so much - its all state of mind.