Computer geeks...I need help

LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
edited November 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of my laptop being old and it's time to get a new one. But maybe someone can help me with a quick fix?

My laptop has been humming a lot, louder than normal. And now the screen like flickers/jumps, it's really annoying. Especially when I'm watching movies. The computer is about 4-5 years old. HP-something or other. As you can tell, I'm very computer savvy :lol:

Any solutionsO? The only one I thought of was to launch it through my wall. But that would involve having to repair the hole in the wall :?
"Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
saldoubledutchgif_zps889c30d5.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    launch it into the floor- much stronger and easier to sweep up .

:lol:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Ahahaha, or perhaps down my stairs. Hopefully there will be some good Black Friday sales on laptops.
    "Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
    saldoubledutchgif_zps889c30d5.gif
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Ahahaha, or perhaps down my stairs. Hopefully there will be some good Black Friday sales on laptops.

WalMart usually has one or two nice computer deals for Black Friday. I bought one there 4 or 5 years back and just had to replace it because I broke it. I only use my laptop for the internet so I really don't care about memory and all of the other specs I don't understand. :lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    have you tried rebooting

i would suggest making sure to back things up if you think it is crapping out.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LiLiNY81 wrote:
    I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of my laptop being old and it's time to get a new one. But maybe someone can help me with a quick fix?

My laptop has been humming a lot, louder than normal. And now the screen like flickers/jumps, it's really annoying. Especially when I'm watching movies. The computer is about 4-5 years old. HP-something or other. As you can tell, I'm very computer savvy :lol:

Any solutionsO? The only one I thought of was to launch it through my wall. But that would involve having to repair the hole in the wall :?
    That happened to me a month ago on my laptop after I downloaded some movie editor and active x upgrade. Not sure which one caused the problem but my cpu was running constantly and my screen kept flipping. I did a system restore back to an earlier date. It seemed to help until I went to starbucks and someone hacked in. scumbag.... Anyway did you already try that?
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    hard drive going to shit maybe, or fan messed up. back.up.now.
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Sounds like it's pretty well fucked.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Blow into the vents. It's a guaranteed fix.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124

That works with computers too? I thought that was only good for copiers & printers.

Wow, thanks!
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340

My solution was going to be more technical, but dismantle it until you can get to the fan, then clear out all the dirt with some air spray (I'm sure this is handy for you to get!). If there's dirt caught in the fan, or chip area, it sometimes has to work harder to do the same job.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!