Options

WALKING PAPERS

big mickbig mick Hull UK Posts: 773
edited November 2013 in Other Music
I went to see Walking Papers on Wednesday night in Grimsby UK - they played a little rock club called Yardbirds. They were amazing, Jeff Angell sounds better on stage than on the cd. They all played with such energy and very kindly stayed back for a chat with us and signed cds etc. I got Barrett Martin to sign me Mad Season cd cover. Such a shame Mike didn't tour with them, it would have been out of this world to see him play in such a small place, there probably wasn't enough space on the stage for 5 people though.

AN AMAZING NIGHT!!! WHAT A TREAT!!! :mrgreen:
Reading England 2006, Manchester England 2009, London England 2010, Manchester 1 2012, EV London 1 2012
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Saw them last night at the 100 club and they nailed it, big fan of barrett martins drumming, his drumming and duffs bass fuckin shook the place.

Managed to get there cd signed by Jeff and Barrett, Duff dissappeared under a sea of ladies lol.

Not sure what was on the tray heading for the dressing room but it sure as hell wasnt water :wink:

Was really hoping to hear River Of Deceit with Mike but hay ho
    shows: Shepherds Bush 110809
    Hyde Park 250610
    Bridge School Benefit 23/241010
    Manchester MEN 210612
    Amsterdam Ziggodome 270612
    Berlin '02' 040712
  • Options
    Where you can you get this record? I don't see it on iTunes?
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    I'm confused....Walking Papers record is coming out next week. Is this different from the self titled record in late 2012 or the more official version????? Can't find any background info on the 2
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

• Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I'm fixing to see them with Jane's Addiction and AIC. so excited. :mrgreen:
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,956
    I'm confused....Walking Papers record is coming out next week. Is this different from the self titled record in late 2012 or the more official version????? Can't find any background info on the 2

it's the same record but they were recently signed to a big label (not sure which one) so this is the label release. their initial release was independent. same music though.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Not sure why it's taken me so long to listen to the album in its entirety... love it!!
  • Options
    very cool new interview with Jeff Angell - Walking Papers.
    http://www.alternativenation.net/?p=31358
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5

• Options
    Just bought this on iTunes - wow! Absolutely love it.
  • Options
    Mignelli14Mignelli14 Posts: 626
    Just found out about this project because I'm ripping through everything Duff's been a part of. This group is awesome, I bought the CD yesterday after hearing 2 tracks.
    But this thread is 3 years old and it seems as if the group hasn't had any sort of activity since which is a bummer
  • Options
    big mickbig mick Hull UK Posts: 773
    They are all doing other things now. Jeff Angell is doing Staticland, Barrett has been doing Levee Walkers, Duff obvious
    Reading England 2006, Manchester England 2009, London England 2010, Manchester 1 2012, EV London 1 2012
  • Options
    Mignelli14Mignelli14 Posts: 626
    ^ Yeah right. Hopefully they bring it back together, I'm really into this album
  • Options
    I hope this doesn't fizzle, saw them a few years ago and they were fantastic. I'd love to see more of Jeff Angell. Too bad Staticland isn't coming to NYC.
  • Options
    Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,347
    edited August 2016
    The Staticland album is amazing! Some of the best lyrics I've ever heard. I can't overstate how great this record is. I flew up and caught them at the Tractor Tavern in Seattle in June and then saw them again at The Viper Room in Hollywood a couple days later. They're doing some eastern dates soon opening up for Alice in Chains. The Walking Papers album is another unbelievably great album. Probably my favorite album in the last 10 yrs.
    The Staticland album is a close second. The Missionary Position records are also very, very good. Hopefully Jeff Angell will catch a break because the dude should be a huge star. I had the chance to ask Barrett in April '15 about the second Walking Papers album and he said it was done and they were hoping to get it out by the end of '15. Then, as we know, Duff's "side project" reunited and fucked that all up. Anyway, Walking Papers- Staticland-Missionary Position: Learn them, live them, love them. Lots of YouTube stuff to get yourselves familiarized.
    Post edited by Guy Dudebro on
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

I hope this doesn't fizzle, saw them a few years ago and they were fantastic. I'd love to see more of Jeff Angell. Too bad Staticland isn't coming to NYC.

New Yorkers, Staticland is playing American Beauty tonight: http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=6821895
  • Options
    BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    Just stumbled upon Staticland, great stuff. Loved Walking Papers.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,250
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024