Anyone Remember This Cartoon?

MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
edited November 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
lol sounds like it was written by 90's EV

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidd_Video

PremiseThe title sequence explained the plot; Kidd Video and his band of the same name (played by live-action performers in the first half of the title sequence) were kidnapped by a villain named Master Blaster, and transported to Master Blaster's home dimension, a cartoon world called The Flipside. They were rescued by a fairy named Glitter, and subsequently spent each episode of the series either helping to free the denizens of the Flipside from Master Blaster's rule, or trying to find a way back to the "real world". Master Blaster, who seemed to be a cartoonization of a corrupt rock manager or music executive, flew around the sky in his floating castle, which resembled a giant jukebox.

The show was dominated by an MTV-esque, music video theme. Each episode featured at least one action sequence set to a popular song, and the heroes would often distract their enemies by showing current music videos, and sneak off while the enemies were entranced. Each episode also ended with a live-action music video by Kidd Video and his band (the band was also called "Kidd Video"). Other pop cultural current events featured heavily in the show as well: the characters often break danced to relax, rode on skateboards, and one episode was devoted entirely to video games. The visual style of the cartoon itself was heavily influenced by the more surreal videos showing on MTV, and by album artwork of the era, by artists like Roger Dean.

The band was created specifically for the show; they performed their own songs and they provided the voices for their cartoon counterparts. At the end of some episodes, the live action band would be shown once again performing a music video, such as "A Little TLC". The music videos produced by Kidd Video then became very popular in Israel, which then produced fan merchandise such as coloring books and chocolate bars with images of the band.

KiddVideo.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    edited November 2012
    I was in love with the Spanish chick when i was 9.

Or was that was Martika from Kids Inc.

But this was great to.
    Post edited by BinauralJam on
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    i like how the villian's henchmen were known as the 'copycats', and the leader was 'fat cat'.

I recall one episode when I was younger and googles what I remembered to get the title of the cartoon. Reading the description made me lol
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,065
    I was in love with the Spanish chick when i was 9.

Or was that was Martika from Kids Inc.

But this was great to.

Not as great, as your avatar!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • djklambakedjklambake Posts: 2,522
    Crap! I remember this! LOL!!!
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO