Bears vs. Texans

shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
edited November 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
The beloved is a 1 point favorite. Do they cover?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Dunno, but this game is going to be a motherfucker.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    Bears D will be tested. Playing at home is the difference. I say Bears by 3.
  • Texans coming off bye week could be an advantage.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    I don't care if they cover. A push is perfectly acceptable.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    With Tillman....Bears by 7
    Without Tillman....Bears by 1-3
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    JTH wrote:
    I don't care if they cover. A push is perfectly acceptable.

Either do I but I always find spreads interesting.
  • Texans coming off bye week could be an advantage.

Texans played last week. But I guess playing the Bills could be considered a bye week.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Texans coming off bye week could be an advantage.

Texans played last week. But I guess playing the Bills could be considered a bye week.
    :lol: :corn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wave:

Also....I must say that these people who are mad about Tillman possibly not playing are total and complete ratfucks.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Texans coming off bye week could be an advantage.

There's no reason for shit like that. :nono:
  • Cutler will be the difference.......This Motherf^*^*&^r can't seem to play at night on the primetime stage....
    Cutler will be the difference.......This Motherf^*^*&^r can't seem to play at night on the primetime stage....

have you seen his Monday night record in a bears jersey?

best go look it up.

that said, bears seem to suck on sunday night football.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Cutler will be the difference.......This Motherf^*^*&^r can't seem to play at night on the primetime stage....
    Let's see...
    at Green Bay, 9/13
    11 completions/27 attempts, 126 yards, 1 TD, 4 Int, passer rating: 28.2 -- brutal
    at Dallas, 10/1
    18/24, 275, 2, 0, 140.1 -- pretty fucking good
    vs. Detroit, 10/22
    16/31, 150, 1, 0, 76.0 -- adequate
  • 81 wrote:

have you seen his Monday night record in a bears jersey?

best go look it up.

that said, bears seem to suck on sunday night football.

Prime time games are Monday, Thursday, and Sunday.

Monday Night 7-4
    SUNDAY NIGHT 2-6
    Thursday Night 2-3
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Why the fuck do you keep popping up in these Bears threads?
    JTH wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

:D

Bears fans like to try to make me miserable. So I try to return the favor when I can.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    JTH wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

:D

Bears fans like to try to make me miserable. So I try to return the favor when I can.

They're makin their own misery by hyping this team up far too much.
  • DewieCox wrote:

So it's wrong to get excited about a 7-1 team with probably the best defense in the league??? Please, let me know when we can get excited.
    DewieCox wrote:

So it's wrong to get excited about a 7-1 team with probably the best defense in the league??? Please, let me know when we can get excited.

problem is, bears have mostly played a powder puff scheudule. we'll find out what they are all about over the next 6 weeks.

that said, no denying the defense is very good, espiecially when it comes to taking the ball away.

8 td's by the defense/special teams. that's 1 a game folks.

btw, Charles "punch it out" Tillman is in for sunday
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DewieCox wrote:

After the next two games......
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    81 wrote:

problem is, bears have mostly played a powder puff scheudule. we'll find out what they are all about over the next 6 weeks.

that said, no denying the defense is very good, espiecially when it comes to taking the ball away.

8 td's by the defense/special teams. that's 1 a game folks.

btw, Charles "punch it out" Tillman is in for sunday

I'd agree on all those points: easy schedule so far, the defensive scores aren't going to continue at that rate, but they've shown that they are a good team, how good is yet tbd. I'm not sure how much I'd trust them to come back in the 4th qtr if they are trailing and you never know what kind of Cutler performance you are going to see week to week.

Looking forward to watching this game!
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
    DewieCox wrote:

Hey man...Packers were 15-1 last year and look what that got 'em. Bupkus!

I am looking forward to the game though, I think it'll really be a good showing of who the Bears really are.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    "Offense sells tickets, Defense wins championships" - Bear Bryant

That's not to say you can't have any offense, but just like Green Bay last year, you're not going to win a championship without defense. Of course their offense didn't look worth a shit against NY either.

Chicago made it to the Super Bowl on the back of their defense in XLI, don't hold me to this, but it seemed like ttheir offense sucked that year. I don't remember many of the games, except for the famous Arizona ("they are what we thought they were") game in which I think every touchdown was scored by the defense and special teams.

This should be a good game, but realistically I think it's going to be the Bears. They have a more well rounded team from what I've seen. And even if their defense isn't as good as Houston's (I'm not saying that's the case, but hypothetically), it doesn't matter, it just matters how their defense stacks up against Houston's offense.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"

That's not to say you can't have any offense, but just like Green Bay last year, you're not going to win a championship without defense. Of course their offense didn't look worth a shit against NY either.

Chicago made it to the Super Bowl on the back of their defense in XLI, don't hold me to this, but it seemed like ttheir offense sucked that year. I don't remember many of the games, except for the famous Arizona ("they are what we thought they were") game in which I think every touchdown was scored by the defense and special teams.

This should be a good game, but realistically I think it's going to be the Bears. They have a more well rounded team from what I've seen. And even if their defense isn't as good as Houston's (I'm not saying that's the case, but hypothetically), it doesn't matter, it just matters how their defense stacks up against Houston's offense.

[lovie]Rex is our QB[/lovie]
    :lol: :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

The offense was inconsistent in '06. Some games they looked unstoppable. Other games (like the Arizona game) they were pathetic. For the record, the touchdowns in that game came on two fumble returns and a punt return.
    JTH wrote:

The offense was inconsistent in '06. Some games they looked unstoppable. Other games (like the Arizona game) they were pathetic. For the record, the touchdowns in that game came on two fumble returns and a punt return.

that was a bad rex game

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/b ... 160crd.htm
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    81 wrote:

But without it we never would have had that Dennis Green clip to laugh at for the rest of the history of mankind. That, and "PLAYOFFS?!?!?!?!?" will stand the test of time.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    I like the Bears/Texans breakdown in this article, scenario B seems a little more likely to me but pretty much a coin flip: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8611122/picking-mike-brown
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
    But without it we never would have had that Dennis Green clip to laugh at for the rest of the history of mankind. That, and "PLAYOFFS?!?!?!?!?" will stand the test of time.
    Got anything to say for yourself, Mike Gundy?
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,410
    GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com