Options

*** EV Tour Albuquerque Fanviews Here 11/06/12 ***

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,928
edited December 2012 in Given To Fly (live)
Eddie Vedder
Kiva Auditorium
Albuquerque, NM
Show
Nov 06, 2012
Set List

Election Night

01. I Am A Patriot-(Steven Van Zandt)
02. Sometimes
03. Can’t Keep
04. Sleeping By Myself
05. Without You/Only Women Bleed-(Alice Cooper, Dick Wagner)

(Ed tags Alice Cooper’s “Only Women Bleed” on the outro of “Without You” alternating between “not only women bleed” and “only women bleed”. After the song he asks for the house lights to be turned up so he can see the audience. He spots some young kids and says he will watch his language. He apologizes for not coming to Albuquerque sooner and explains why he had to postpone the show from early May. He notes that it is sunny for over 300 days a year here so he offers to play a sound that you won’t hear in Albuquerque. He starts the wave sounds for the next song)

06. Light Today

(A women in the audience is shouting something Ed can’t make out. He says. “What’s in my pants?? Well, I haven’t quite made a mistake up here. It is a little hard to play up here because my fingers are crossed. My fingers are crossed, my toes are crossed, how do I say this with children here...Have you seen ‘Puppetry Of The Penis’? Mat our lighting guy is Australian and he showed me how to do that...well, he showed me a diagram. I didn’t have to see it. So everything is crossed or tied up. I am not taking any chances”)

07. I Am Mine

(Ed says he is hearing some good news and he wishes Christopher Hitchens were around to see what is going on tonight. He also talks about his friend Dennis Frog (Dennis Flemion) who gave Ed the gold wings that sit back on his gear. He talks about being friends with Dennis and getting to know his children and spending time with him and how much Ed misses him.)

08. Man Of The Hour

(Ed makes a mistake playing the song and keeps playing the same part over and over. He comments that he said he would make a mistake he just thought it would be later. Someone in the audience shouts that “Obama has 274”. Ed says I am going to wait for something more official but if that is true we should just stop playing and get champagne for everyone. After Ed finishes the song his tech George whispers something to him. Ed says “we did some work for one of the candidates and I don’t want to alienate anyone from the other side of the aisle but we have to be honest in public and if you didn’t know where I stood before you bought a ticket that isn’t really my fault. We got a text from people in the Obama camp saying it is official so let’s celebrate.” He raises his guitar over his head and waves it around in celebration.)

09. Setting Forth
10. Far Behind

(Ed mentions that Emile Hirsch from the film “Into The Wild” is in the audience. Ed invites him onstage and has him sit by the campfire)

11. Guaranteed

(Ed invites Glen Hansard out and introduces him to Emile)

12. Long Nights w/ Glen Hansard
13. Rise

(Ed describes to Emile the scene from “Into The Wild” where the song “Rise” appears. Ed tells a story about playing a club called Iguanas in Tijuana and the cab ride back across the border to get to his bus. He introduces the person who looks after his welfare and the welfare of people that get to close to him, Jesse Calleros.” Jesse is a former Marine sniper and has worked the Presidential security detail. Ed says he wished that they would have been racially pulled over while driving through Arizona so who ever pulled them over could meet Jesse)

14. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
15. Immortality
16. Lukin (Ed stops partway through the song and says, “I was gonna dedicate this song to Walter White and say, ‘I’m going to Walter’s’”. He starts the song back up and does just that)
17. Porch

Encore Break 1

(Ed talks about legalization of Marijuana passing in Washington State and a great coffee bar in Berlin and says that we should be able to do that soon in Washington as well. He says that he pretty much stopped smoking pot because he found it distracting him and he would spend time looking for pot rather than writing songs. He felt his “motivator” was broken but people shouldn’t be going to prison for smoking a joint.)

18. Soon Forget (dedicated to the “other candidate. The rich, white one that lost”)

(Ed asks the audience what they want to hear, “Let’s vote but we gotta go with electoral votes. Someone wants “Footsteps” but Ed doesn’t know how to play it. Another asks for “Jeremy”. “Not a fucking chance. That one you need the band for.” It gets down to “Just Breathe” and “Better Man” Ed has them vote by cheering for the song they want.

19. Better Man

(Ed talks about the Ogallala Aquifer and the oil pipe line that the Trans Canada Oil company wants to put in and the need to protect the aquifer because if it gets polluted there is no getting it clean again.)

20. Society w/ Glen Hansard-(Hannan)
21. Sleepless Nights w/ Glen Hansard-(Bryant, Bryant)
22. Falling Slowly w/ Glen Hansard-(Hansard, Irglova)

Encore Break 2

(Ed talks about how great it is to celebrate Obama being re-elected. He says we could only get two bottles of champagne so the audience is going to have to share. He talks about important races and says the all the money spent on elections has got to change. That corporations aren’t people, they have more money than people and it isn’t fair.)

23. Rockin’ In The Free World-(Young)

(Ed brings out Glen Hansard during the song and some people from the audience)

24. Hard Sun-(Peterson)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you! :)

Glen Hansard Set List
01. Leave
02. Love Don’t Leave Me Waiting
03. Way Back In The Way Back When-(new song)
04. High Hopes
05. Pennies In The Fountain
06. Moving On (new song)
07. Astral Weeks-(Van Morrison)/Smile -(Ament/Vedder)-short tag
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    Great show. Man of the Hour and Immortality were awesome. I am a Patriot was a great opener.

Lots of politics discussed and EV was in a good mood (for obvious reasons).

I still can't believe the crowd choose Betterman. There are so many other songs that we could have heard.

Big crowd on the stage to end the show.
  • Options
    WOW I WAS ONE OF THE PEOPLE UP THERE, I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED WOW! this is and forever will be one of the best nights of my entire life, you guys. perfect night. perfect show. perfect everything. eddie vedder is amazing... i am still freaking out about it and stuff. truly spectacular for something like this to happen to me - being only 18 and getting to sing with eddie vedder on stage. :shock:
    11/6/12 EV solo (got to meet him!!)
    7/19/13 Wrigley
    11/19/13 Phx
  • Options
    i was at the last 4 EV shows and this was the ONE i was looking forward to...and IT DID NOT DISAPPOINT.
    so much to talk about but being in the room when Obama won re-election with EV was SPECIAL...and he took it to heart...esp when he was playing MAN OF THE HOUR.....the 2nd encore was truly special...esp in the front row....inviting the crowd on stage......I AM AND THE REST OF THE FREE WORLD IS BLESSED TO HAVE EDDIE ON OUR SIDE...too much to say...too many more drinks i need to celebrate...THANK YOU EDDIE :D
    ?? shows and counting....GREATEST ROCK AND ROLL BAND IN THE WORLD
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,579
    edited November 2012
    I know that envy is supposed to be a mortal sin... but every time i read the fan view for any awesome show (which is most of them), I am green with it. I'm a huge sinner,apparently. Would have loved to have been at the election night/Ed's guy wins night!!!!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,587
    Amazing night. Just got a hug from Ed outside. Can't wait for tomorrow!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Fabulous & yay! What a great opener on election night! Congrats Obama & very cool for everyone who got to go onstage with Ed. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    its just gishits just gish San Antonio, TX Posts: 880
    ComeToTX wrote:
    Amazing night. Just got a hug from Ed outside. Can't wait for tomorrow!

Must wait til Friday. So damn excited after reading this one!
  • Options
    Sea wrote:
    06. (new song/tired of waiting?)

Sea - I believe this song is called I'll Be Long Gone :D
  • Options
    TD-2243TD-2243 Posts: 103
    VERY political show which is no surprise given it was an election night. That being said, it was still an amazing show. Afterwards, there were about 50 of us hanging by the bus. He wasn't signing autographs (which means he wouldn't sign the ukulele I was holding). BUT, he did reach into his pocket and give me this lighter. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I just about freaked when he handed this to me. Pretty historic night, regardless of who anyone voted for.

lighters.jpg
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Too many shows to even begin to remember.
    Long live The Pearl Jams!
    Some of my music...
    https://soundcloud.com/fingerchili
    ------------------------------------------------------------H
  • Options
    foursymbolsfoursymbols Dublin Posts: 527
    TD-2243 wrote:
    VERY political show which is no surprise given it was an election night. That being said, it was still an amazing show. Afterwards, there were about 50 of us hanging by the bus. He wasn't signing autographs (which means he wouldn't sign the ukulele I was holding). BUT, he did reach into his pocket and give me this lighter. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I just about freaked when he handed this to me. Pretty historic night, regardless of who anyone voted for.

lighters.jpg

Wow, I would give my family for that lighter!! :D Well done, sounded like a memorable show...
    'It's a sad and beautiful world' - Mark Linkous
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Sounds like a fun show.

Cool that Hirsch showed up and the nod to Walter White.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    great set...

cool lighter!! :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,587
    Sounds like a fun show.

Cool that Hirsch showed up and the nod to Walter White.

He was sitting with Peter Berg too.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    good mood shows are always more fun but too much politics for me in that set.

Obama and Romney should venture off somewhere together.....for an extremely long time.
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,462
    I wasn't there but this sounds like another amazing show! A lot of us have spent years following PJ around and trying to see through their public armour and get to know them a little which has been hard but Ed sure has opened up and let people in on this tour. Awesome!
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    sounds like a truly memorable show. very jealous of those in attendance. ;)
    18. Soon Forget (dedicated to the “other candidate. The rich, white one that lost”)
    :lol::lol: gotta love that guy.
  • Options
    Very special night indeed. It was an honor to be in the same room with Ed when finding out of Obama's victory last night. That to me made it all the more memorable. Much more fun than watching the polls on TV for sure. I wish everyone could have been there with us. Immortality and Soon Forget were by far my favs of the night.

Not really sure why twenty some odd years into the mans career, a lot of people still leave after the first encore. I always feel sorry for the people that missed out. Maybe they were just Romney supporters and were sickend by the celebration. *shrugs*

Amazing show! Congrats to Obama! Thanks Eddie for an amazing show here in New Mexico! Please come back soon. We would love to have you next election night. :D
    Pearl Jam
    7-13-1998 Los Angeles, CA | 7-14-1998 Los Angeles, CA | 10-28-2000 San Bernardino, CA | 06-02-2003 Irvine, CA | 06-03-2003 Irvine, CA | 07-07-2006 San Diego, CA | 07-09-2006 Los Angeles, CA | 07-10-2006 Los Angeles, CA | 10-22-2014 Denver, CO | 09-22-2022 Denver, CO

EV Solo
    11-06-2012 Albuquerque, NM

• Options
    PJ N3rd wrote:
    Not really sure why twenty some odd years into the mans career, a lot of people still leave after the first encore. I always feel sorry for the people that missed out. Maybe they were just Romney supporters and were sickend by the celebration. *shrugs*

I always expect some people to leave, but I was in the center section row K, and almost the entire two rows behind me left!! That just boggles my mind. I mean $80+ for a ticket and it might be the only time Ed ever comes to ABQ solo, and you can't stick around and enjoy 2 more songs?
  • Options
    anakin_pdx wrote:
    PJ N3rd wrote:

I always expect some people to leave, but I was in the center section row K, and almost the entire two rows behind me left!! That just boggles my mind. I mean $80+ for a ticket and it might be the only time Ed ever comes to ABQ solo, and you can't stick around and enjoy 2 more songs?

Hahaha! I was in center section row K as well. Small world. I was glad that the ladies that were cackling behind us during Glen's set were gone. One of them was saying "yeah" after everything Ed said. It was just annoying. Great show nonetheless. 8-)
    Pearl Jam
    7-13-1998 Los Angeles, CA | 7-14-1998 Los Angeles, CA | 10-28-2000 San Bernardino, CA | 06-02-2003 Irvine, CA | 06-03-2003 Irvine, CA | 07-07-2006 San Diego, CA | 07-09-2006 Los Angeles, CA | 07-10-2006 Los Angeles, CA | 10-22-2014 Denver, CO | 09-22-2022 Denver, CO

EV Solo

• Options
    hearing Eddie tell me who our president was going to be was worth the 8 hour drive.

epic night indeed, couldn't have asked for anything else
    "let me tell you something, if I had this guy's voice you could all kiss my ass"
    5/04/2010 / Scottrade Center
    5/03/2010 / Sprint Center
    7/03/2006 / Pepsi Center
    7/02/2006 / Pepsi Center
    9/15/2005 / Bell Center
    4/01/2003 / Pepsi Center
    6/23/1998 / Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre
  • Options
    PJ N3rd wrote:
    Hahaha! I was in center section row K as well. Small world. I was glad that the ladies that were cackling behind us during Glen's set were gone. One of them was saying "yeah" after everything Ed said. It was just annoying. Great show nonetheless. 8-)

Heh. I didn't mind them gone either :D Especially the one that yelled "I love you Eddie" during Glen's set...
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    anakin_pdx wrote:
    PJ N3rd wrote:

Heh. I didn't mind them gone either :D Especially the one that yelled "I love you Eddie" during Glen's set...

:fp: I still don't know why people find it so hard to just shut up for a while...if you're going to be squealing, at least get the right guy! :lol:
  • Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    I don't know whose this is, but I'm very jealous!

387950_364654510292224_1637572962_n.jpg
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    anakin_pdx wrote:

That was the same group of cackling women. :evil:
    Pearl Jam

EV Solo

• Options
    Kathi wrote:
    :fp: I still don't know why people find it so hard to just shut up for a while...if you're going to be squealing, at least get the right guy! :lol:

Agreed.
    Pearl Jam

EV Solo

• Options
    dedicated lukin to walter white? AWESOME!!!
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    anakin_pdx wrote:
    Especially the one that yelled "I love you Eddie" during Glen's set...

That was the one of the funniest moments all night. :D Oddly, I was in Row J right near all of you.
    Some of my music...
  • Options
    Wow, I would give my family for that lighter!!

Send me pics of your family and maybe we can work something out. If you have a Golden Retriever, consider it a done deal. :lol::lol:
    Some of my music...
  • Options
    Eddie is a Breaking Bad fan!
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,579
    TD-2243 wrote:

lighters.jpg
    Holy shit! That's awesome!!!!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata