The verdict is in, you ARE an idiot

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited November 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/wo ... 23817.html

A woman who was caught on video driving along a sidewalk to avoid a stopped school bus has been ordered to wear an 'idiot' sign at the intersection where it happened.

Shena Hardin, 32, of Cleveland pleaded guilty to not stopping for a school bus and reckless operation. A Cleveland Municipal Court judge ordered her driver's license suspended for 30 days and for her to pay $250 in court costs, according to WJW Fox 8.

As part of the sentence, Hardin must also must wear a sign that reads, "Only an idiot would drive on the sidewalk to avoid the school bus" for an hour a day for two days next week at the intersection where the incident occurred, according to Fox 8.

Hardin was arrested on Sept. 11 after a veteran school bus driver Uriah Herron noticed Hardin pull her driving stunt several times and recorded one incident on his cell phone camera.

"We had a very conscientious driver for 30 years. He really cares about his children and he took the extra step that this doesn't happen again," said Cleveland Metropolitan School District bus manager Eric Taylor told newsnet5.com.

The judge's unique sentence predictably has drawn hundreds of comments on social media. Many agree with the sentence, saying more judges should strive for non-traditional penalties. Others however, argue that the punishment is too degrading and humiliating for a motor vehicle violation

:fp: :lol:
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    DUMBASS

:lol:
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Who fucks around with the safety of kids? Wait for the bus to move and be a couple minutes later than you'd planned. It's a minor inconvenience, deal with it. Or plan ahead and leave early.
  • This sure is an idiotic thing to do, but what a strange sentence...will they make her eat her peas before dessert too?! :P
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    that old lady is a bigger asshole than her daughter.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    What an idiot. It amazes me every single day the stupid shit people do in cars because they think they're in such a damn hurry. I'm not kidding around when I say that I give at least one person a day the finger while driving.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    school zones are a huge pet peeve of mine. i see people everyday speeding through them. i especially love the mini-vans or the ones who pull out of the school parking lots and immediately go well over the 15 mph school zone speed limit.
  • rick1zoo2 wrote:
    DUMBASS

That pretty much sums it up. :lol:
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    She should have just put her hazard lights on and mowed everyone over.
  • HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    This is awesome. More people should get punishments like this. Might cut down on some of the rampant idiocy that we have in this country.
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Public shaming ... I love it!

Bring back the shackles in the public square and the scarlet letters!
  • Oh yeah? Well you're a stupid head! :evil:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Driver-Idiot-Sign.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:
    Driver-Idiot-Sign.jpg

makes me think of my ex for some reason
  • shepshep Posts: 5,763
    Hartydog wrote:
    This is awesome. More people should get punishments like this. Might cut down on some of the rampant idiocy that we have in this country.

So true...

Love the sentence by the judge. Would love to see more punishments like this doled out. humiliating people like this might actually work to make them learn.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • I TWICE saw a woman on a freaking MOTORBIKE (once even with a passenger) alternating between the street and the sidewalk when it suited her fancy. I chased her as much as I could, honking my horn at her, but she didn't give a shit. Problem is, she didn't have a license plate so I couldn't report it.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014