Options

RNDM is better live than EV solo

a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,853
edited December 2012 in Given To Fly (live)
There, I said it.

Saw RNDM last night, saw Eddie on his last tour.

:D
Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    :shock:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    I wouldn't know - couldn't make it in to Brooklyn to see them...
  • Options
    apples are better than oranges
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    GD274660GD274660 Posts: 514
    EV solo on Thursday was better than PJ. ;)
    San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
  • Options
    GD274660 wrote:

see, that's just fucking blasphemy
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    PJinILPJinIL satan's bed Posts: 431
    This has me even more excited for the RNDM Chicago show than I was before. Then off to EV in Dallas on Thursday....I'll report back on my apples to oranges comparison...
    It's amazing what you hear when you take time to listen.
  • Options
    GD274660 wrote:

I'm hoping you just mean 2011-12 PJ, otherwise you must not have been to many shows pre- 2006...
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,467
    a5pj wrote:
    There, I said it.

tres mtns was better than backspacer.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    PJ51390PJ51390 Atlanta Posts: 728
    This has gotten waaaayyyyyy out of control!

I respect your opinion and will defend you to the death for your right to have that opinion!

But this is CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

imalive wrote:
    a5pj wrote:
    There, I said it.

tres mtns was better than backspacer.
  • Options
    PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    GD274660 wrote:

I'm hoping you just mean 2011-12 PJ, otherwise you must not have been to many shows pre- 2006...

I'll say it once more.. the 2012 Euro tour is the best tour I've experienced!

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    Probably depends on what you're going for.

Eddie's show in Phx last night was really laid back... Nice to chill out in a seat while your hero is playing some outstanding music - just him and his guitars. For as large as Comerica is, Eddie managed to play to every single person in the house. It was a sweet show.

RNDM on the other hand is good ol' rock music, man! I've not seen them live (though I'd LOVE to), but man, I bet it's a killer rock show.

Some nights I want EV on acoustics... Other nights I'll want RNDM and rock out...

Most nights I want Pearl Jam... ;)
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    So where the hell are the RNDM setlists, anyway?

All I can find are photos of the actual handwritten setlists that people have grabbed at the shows.

56.jpg
  • Options
    JTH wrote:

All I can find are photos of the actual handwritten setlists that people have grabbed at the shows.

56.jpg

I was front row in front of Joe last night and we were all standing there talking to the stage crew guy asking for the sets. He was like "no sorry guys can't do it, sorry no way not tonight."

We were confused because the guys left the stage and he just stacked them up there? Probably going to keep them and sell em later...dbag.

On the plus side I did get a pick and Jeff and Joe hung around and talked for a while. Good times.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    GD274660 wrote:

see, that's just fucking blasphemy
    agree..even i was on drugs all day i couldnt said or think that!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,853
    JTH wrote:

56.jpg

I was front row in front of Joe last night and we were all standing there talking to the stage crew guy asking for the sets. He was like "no sorry guys can't do it, sorry no way not tonight."

We were confused because the guys left the stage and he just stacked them up there? Probably going to keep them and sell em later...dbag.

On the plus side I did get a pick and Jeff and Joe hung around and talked for a while. Good times.

Yeah in DC, Jeff's tech, the guy with the beard (I think he posed for the lumber jacket :D ) said he needed to keep Jeff's setlist for notes, but right after he took it back he came out with 2 copies and gave them away. I doubt you'll see the originals for sale later.

I got a pick there as well, very cool, JA one side and RNDM comic on the other. Did Arthur use the same pick? they have the same initials...,

Also, just watched RNDM on Fallon, they rocked it.

Side note, EV doing ARC was amazing, I will say that.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    PJinILPJinIL satan's bed Posts: 431
    So I saw RNDM in Chicago on the 13, and Ed for the 4th time in Dallas on the 15th. Tough call. If RNDM's show had been a bit more personable, might've gone the other way. Yeah, they came out and were accessible, and what can be more personable than that, right? Got to actually talk with Joseph and Richard a little bit, very cool guys once the initial line of autographs died down. Jeff was slammed with photo/autographs so really only got to shake his hand, thank him and get an autograph, which was still super cool. BUT...the show itself didn't have the inclusive feeling of an EV or Pearl Jam show. They could've been playing in front of any crowd, just didn't connect, and I was arms reach from the stage! Yes, they rocked, Richard was an animal on the drums, they put on a great show and I'm not complaining. Just saying, if they would've stopped in between a couple of songs and made some kind of dialogue with the audience it would've went a long way. I respect that Jeff early on had wanted to make sure there wasn't so much down time between songs, and they are feeling their way through, but Joe is not exactly a newbie to the frontman role.

Truly an apples to oranges comparison, but I'll probably 'feel' the EV concert longer. But the meet and greet with RNDM was a great opportunity. For show quality, I have to go with Ed, but I'd go to see RNDM again in a heartbeat as well.
    It's amazing what you hear when you take time to listen.
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873

yeah i don't get the orange clothing either ;)
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    PJinIL wrote:
    So I saw RNDM in Chicago on the 13, and Ed for the 4th time in Dallas on the 15th. Tough call. If RNDM's show had been a bit more personable, might've gone the other way. Yeah, they came out and were accessible, and what can be more personable than that, right? Got to actually talk with Joseph and Richard a little bit, very cool guys once the initial line of autographs died down. Jeff was slammed with photo/autographs so really only got to shake his hand, thank him and get an autograph, which was still super cool. BUT...the show itself didn't have the inclusive feeling of an EV or Pearl Jam show. They could've been playing in front of any crowd, just didn't connect, and I was arms reach from the stage! Yes, they rocked, Richard was an animal on the drums, they put on a great show and I'm not complaining. Just saying, if they would've stopped in between a couple of songs and made some kind of dialogue with the audience it would've went a long way. I respect that Jeff early on had wanted to make sure there wasn't so much down time between songs, and they are feeling their way through, but Joe is not exactly a newbie to the frontman role.

Truly an apples to oranges comparison, but I'll probably 'feel' the EV concert longer. But the meet and greet with RNDM was a great opportunity. For show quality, I have to go with Ed, but I'd go to see RNDM again in a heartbeat as well.
    I think I have to agree with pretty much everything you're saying here. But...

I don't know if it was like this at all the shows on the RNDM tour, but the great thing about the Chicago show was that there were no dipshits yelling out stupid song requests or other random things. At Ed's show on Wednesday, the guy in front of me kept yelling out requests for "Black" all night. "COME ON, EDDIE! I GOT MY GIRL HERE! SHE WANTS TO HEAR 'BLACK'! COME ON, EDDIE! YOU PLAYED IT LAST NIGHT!" And then there was the guy two rows up who kept yelling "ALPINE VALLEY" for some reason. Of course there were also the "I LOVE YOU" shouts coming from all around us.

So, advantage RNDM on this particular point.

Actually, I've been pretty lucky with EV solo shows. I've seen five of them over the last three tours and I haven't been near any truly obnoxious people.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497

Now this is funny. :lol: