Lincoln-Spielberg Film

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited November 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
My most anticipated film of the year. As a massive Daniel Day Lewis and Spielberg fan I couldnt be more anxious for this to come out. The level of detail DDL put into this character, from the press reports at least, and the level to which Spielberg and his crew put to the sets (recreating in painstacking detail what the white house in 1860 looked like, using lincolns real watch/timepeace in scenes, basing scenery and cinematography on paintings of the 1800's).

I go to DDL movies to see this guy disappear into a role. The invigorating and inspiring awe you feel seeing this person actually having the "in the now" sensibilities to forget they are making a 50 million dollar plus film, and actually convince people and crew they are in the 1860's, or 1920s or whatever. Its a delight and pleasure to see it, and I relish any new DDL film. Reading about his method acting approaches to his films is endlessly fascinating. Some of my favorite are he actually built a 17th century style home, no heat/power/electricity, in preperation for The Crucible. And developed pneumonia while shooting Gangs of New York, and refused to be treated for it because the medical treatment during the era wouldnt have existed. The complete immersal into his roles, staying in character in between takes, Liam Neeson had a falling out with him because while filming Gangs, he say Daniel in their hotel lobby bar, and Daniel refused to be addressed as anything other than Bill. The trying to sleep in jail for 3 days, while cast and crew threw water on him every few hours, then actually being interrogated for 9 hours to prepare for his role As Gerry Conlin who confesses to a crime he didnt commit. And remaining in a wheelchair for the duration of My Left Foot, requiring crew to carry him up stairs, in his wheelchair.

He is above and beyond as far as im concerned.

Should be a hell of a movie.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Did you happen to catch SNL last night? Louis C.K. was hosting and they did a sketch that was a parody of "Louie", but with Abraham Lincoln.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/lincoln/1422756/
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,410
    Did you happen to catch SNL last night? Louis C.K. was hosting and they did a sketch that was a parody of "Louie", but with Abraham Lincoln.

:lol::lol::lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    It's amazing how much he looks like Lincoln. This movie should be very good.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • It's amazing how much he looks like Lincoln. This movie should be very good.

i agree, and as i said, knowing its DDL, you can bet your life he researched every infintesimal detail about Lincoln he could find. The voice seems to be quite a discussion point so far, DDL said he researched it and Lincoln had a reedy, high pitched voice, which surprises alot of people thinking Lincoln had this booming low voice. Every press report ive read so far, has said, cast and crew alike, honestly did feel like they were actually talking and interacting with the real Lincoln. I think only DDL could pull something like that off. For me, I think its clear, when we do see the film, every movement, body movement, facial expression, every word he speaks, will be the meticulously crafted work of DDL and cast and crew alike. Its a sight to behold, and I havent even seen the film yet!
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    mfc2006 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:

I was just going to post this! :lol: This seriously killed me last night. I'm dead right now, writing to you all. I died laughing. Man, I love Louis CK :D

...And yes, I'm excited for the movie too. Daniel Day Lewis rules.
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    It's amazing how much he looks like Lincoln. This movie should be very good.

i agree, and as i said, knowing its DDL, you can bet your life he researched every infintesimal detail about Lincoln he could find. The voice seems to be quite a discussion point so far, DDL said he researched it and Lincoln had a reedy, high pitched voice, which surprises alot of people thinking Lincoln had this booming low voice. Every press report ive read so far, has said, cast and crew alike, honestly did feel like they were actually talking and interacting with the real Lincoln. I think only DDL could pull something like that off. For me, I think its clear, when we do see the film, every movement, body movement, facial expression, every word he speaks, will be the meticulously crafted work of DDL and cast and crew alike. Its a sight to behold, and I havent even seen the film yet!
    For these reasons, I can't wait for this to be released!!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23