Options

Love Is.... by Kim Casali

Comments

• Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    252623860319451693_gPmtZqYL_b.jpg
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    140px-Love_is.jpg
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    love-is-1.jpg?w=640
  • Options
    0120.jpg
  • Options
    spring.jpg
  • Options
    a9de3c69cedd9e1dd48de5e4fc0dd70d.jpg
  • Options
    9c30c1c44671d7ab95fc6ecb001c9431.jpg
  • Options
    lovebird.jpg
  • Options
    JBiiJBii Lake Spivey Posts: 354
    4eedccbd6731e37ffe3fcd2cb424bc2b_zps719db8bb.jpg
    That what you fear the most could meet you halfway
  • Options
    JBii wrote:
    4eedccbd6731e37ffe3fcd2cb424bc2b_zps719db8bb.jpg

hanging onto love.... :thumbup:
  • Options
    LoveisBW2.jpg
  • Options
    love5.jpg
  • Options
    910d79d061819866a369c08362439ff2.jpg
  • Options
    2ceb91812777e56c83734d434500928a.jpg
  • Options
    0b66ca9af11f473aa28024a8f6228325.jpg
  • Options
    efbd32719423475d6bdf01ff34784fc1.jpg
  • Options
    love+is+2.jpg
  • Options
    Biography on Kim Casali and husband Roberto:

In 1975 Roberto was diagnosed with testicular cancer and doctors described his condition as "extremely grave." Casali said: "I spent the next year fighting for a cure and trying to keep the bad news from him.

"[12] Casali commissioned London-based British cartoonist Bill Asprey to take over the writing and drawing of the daily cartoons for her, under her signature.

Roberto opted for surgery at the end of 1975 in order to prolong his life.[11][12] Casali said: "We were talking about Christmas presents and I told Roberto I didn't want another diamond ring, I wanted another baby."[6] They decided "...that we would store some sperm just in case I didn't get pregnant before Roberto died. I knew he had only a few months to live, so we stored some sperm immediately.

" Roberto died in March 1976, aged 31 "...

Despite initial opposition from the medical profession she underwent several treatments of artificial insemination at a Cambridge clinic, and gave birth to son Milo Roberto Andrea sixteen months later, on 10 July 1977. She said at the time: "Roberto and I were very anxious to provide a brother or sister to our two sons. Now, thanks to the care and patience of the doctors, it has been made possible for me to have another reminder of my wonderful husband."[4] British newspapers called Milo the "miracle baby"[19]

The birth announcement consisted of a simple card drawn by Casali with the Love is... girl pushing a pram on the front, with the inscription inside: "Proudly presenting Milo Roberto. Parents: Kim and the late Roberto (posthumously by artificial insemination)".[8][20]

Responding to criticism of her choice to go through with the procedure, Casali said: "Milo is here because of the love of his mother and father. If that is judged wrong, the world has lost its sense of proportion. We tried to have a baby by artificial insemination before Roberto died. If we had been successful, Milo would have been conceived during matrimony. What difference does it make that the conception occurred after Roberto's death?"[8] The press focused on Milo for much of his early life, reporting on 'milestones' such as his first birthday and first day at school. After his mother's death, Milo revealed: "Mum collected all the newspaper articles I appeared in."[8]

Kim Casali died due to cancer of the bone and liver in 1997 ...
  • Options
    Thank you for sharing , makes me appreciate the whimsy, depth and breadth of what Love is... on a whole other level
  • Options
    Thank you for sharing , makes me appreciate the whimsy, depth and breadth of what Love is... on a whole other level

I finally have the chance to respond. Been quite busy lately. Casali and her husband ( RIP ) had quite the romance going on. I really enjoy reading stories about couples who have great marriages.

Such a tragedy that they both died of cancer and they both were so young.
  • Options
    Love Is...

Caressing with your words,
    Listening with your heart,
    Kissing with your eyes,
    Loving with your soul..
    Falling in love is when he lays in your arms
    and wakes up in your dreams..
    Love is the glue that keeps us all
    from falling apart..
    Love is a canvass furnished by nature &
    embroidered by imagination..
    Love is perhaps the only glimpse
    we are permitted of eternity..
    The ultimate gift of true love
    is to be consumed by it..

Author Unknown
  • Options
    efbd32719423475d6bdf01ff34784fc1.jpg
  • Options
    I'm trying to find the " Love Is " with the mom pushing the baby carriage.... its been tough for me to find.
  • Options
    dimas.gif
  • Options
    dff81c1cb2bfe72284c8450b750221ca.jpg
  • Options
    n545545877_681786_8611.jpg?w=141&h=264
  • Options
    748de512c9e400418e715dada220ba18.jpg
  • Options
    6763f92f82cef183b76bc70dd2108751.jpg
  • Options
    486982_447691711945426_301813612_n.jpg
  • Options
    caf40e98873b2a77747b82b6b362150e.jpg