My town is stuck in the past

tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
edited November 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Everyday at noon they test the emergency siren to make sure it still works. Apparently, this thing was put into place in-case the Japanese we're going to attack.

What weird shit does your town do?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Everyday at noon they test the emergency siren to make sure it still works. Apparently, this thing was put into place in-case the Japanese we're going to attack.

What weird shit does your town do?

Our town does the same thing, 7 pm on Monday eves.
    And the 1st Monday of each month, the Nuclear Power Facility tests its alert siren too, only no one can hear it if you are inside your house, or even outside if the wind is blowing in the opposite direction.
    They roll up the sidewalks at 5 pm on Saturday and don't appear again in public until Monday morning.
    Local TV still has church on all day Sunday, and reruns of Mayberry and the Andy Griffith show, with traffic and weather reports and Amish commercials as breaks.
    Saturday morning matinee is still $2 though!
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    My town still holds witch burnings at 600PM every Saturday. It's pretty cool.