Eddie Vedder's Half Truths

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited November 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Having just seen EV back to back he definitely has his own personal political agenda. He's an artist. I pay to see him. I realize I don't have to go and it's his forum to say what he wants. That's fine and that's great and I respect that and love people with varying political views. It's what makes this country so great. I will just ask for people to not follow blindly and do your own research and make your own decisions especially as voting day is upon us. Just because Eddie tells you to vote for proposition 37 in CA or says he would like to smush Micahel Brown's face in a pile of his own dog's shit (I thought that was in pretty poor taste actually) doesn't mean it's the best choice or ways to feel for yourself. Maybe it is...maybe it isn't...just do your own research.

Eddie has and does like to only tell half political truths. Seen it for years at the PJ shows and now his solo shows have turned into political rallies for the liberal Democrats. DO your own research and make up your own minds.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Vote for Nader!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I agree...but this is also true of most artist/musicians/celebrities.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I agree...but this is also true of most artist/musicians/celebrities.

I responded in the other forum. I don't feel like retyping. :lol:
  • I would bet 90% of the people here take Ed's political views, with a grain of salt.They are smart enough, and educated enough, to make their own decisions.

But its the other 10% of you people that scare me.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    do do do do do do do
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I replied in the other thread :D
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
    I knew that thread on AMT would get locked :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: .
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    your other thread
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    Who is DS1119 and why is he telling me what to do?
  • DS1119 wrote:
    Having just seen EV back to back he definitely has his own personal political agenda. He's an artist. I pay to see him. I realize I don't have to go and it's his forum to say what he wants. That's fine and that's great and I respect that and love people with varying political views. It's what makes this country so great. I will just ask for people to not follow blindly and do your own research and make your own decisions especially as voting day is upon us. Just because Eddie tells you to vote for proposition 37 in CA or says he would like to smush Micahel Brown's face in a pile of his own dog's shit (I thought that was in pretty poor taste actually) doesn't mean it's the best choice or ways to feel for yourself. Maybe it is...maybe it isn't...just do your own research.

Eddie has and does like to only tell half political truths. Seen it for years at the PJ shows and now his solo shows have turned into political rallies for the liberal Democrats. DO your own research and make up your own minds.

I agree with a lot of EV's view but I don't base my vote on them. Do you base your vote on a celibrities opinion? I hope most dont
    This is Not For You
    DS1119 wrote:

I agree with a lot of EV's view but I don't base my vote on them. Do you base your vote on a celibrities opinion? I hope most dont

I'll bet more do than should...

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I don't know if it's bullshit, because I think he believes what he says. I find he often over simplifies things, which can be as bad as bullshit, only I don't think there's any malice behind it. I don't know, I haven't paid much attention to the stuff he's said since 2003. Even as somebody who hated Bush, I found him pretty annoying during that time. He became a caricature of himself during the W. Presidency, in my opinion of course.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • I don't know what it's like for you guys in other states but Florida is crazy with this voting crap. People act like they want to kill each other when debating about the elections. You get calls everyday from people doing surveys for the election. The early voting lines are unreal. As for Eddie, he can voice his views just like everyone else. You don't have to follow. I wonder who he's really voting for on election day? :P
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I don't know what it's like for you guys in other states but Florida is crazy with this voting crap. People act like they want to kill each other when debating about the elections. You get calls everyday from people doing surveys for the election. The early voting lines are unreal. As for Eddie, he can voice his views just like everyone else. You don't have to follow. I wonder who he's really voting for on election day? :P

I think it's that way everywhere. Texas is in NO WAY a swing state, but I got so many political calls (some of them weren't over the Presidential election, but most were) that I unplugged the land line. Something I should have done long ago anyway, no person I know has called it in ages, it's just telemarketers and political calls anyway.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
This discussion has been closed.