I love driving

Constant Recoil...Constant Recoil... Posts: 1,276
edited November 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I have always loved long car rides, but I got my license about 2 weeks ago and now being in a car is completely different! I never realized how much stuff I couldn't do before because I always had to find someone to give me a ride, and living in a rural area where everything is fairly spread out makes that kind of difficult. I guess its not really that I'm going to a lot more places now, it's just that I have the option to! ...and I love listening to music in the car by myself :D

:) Please tell me this feeling doesn't go away...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    It does but not for a while, i put 37,000 miles on my car the first year i had it, now i put about 15,000 a year, but Enjoy the Freedom it's Awesome.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I have always loved long car rides, but I got my license about 2 weeks ago and now being in a car is completely different! I never realized how much stuff I couldn't do before because I always had to find someone to give me a ride, and living in a rural area where everything is fairly spread out makes that kind of difficult. I guess its not really that I'm going to a lot more places now, it's just that I have the option to! ...and I love listening to music in the car by myself :D

:) Please tell me this feeling doesn't go away...

it will wear off in time, not fully. I love the freedom, I had to take the bus all thru school past college). I knew a guy who at 24 liked taking the bus (never bothered to learn how to drive) :? He didn't want to hear me talk about how freeing it was to have a car.
    He moved to a rural town and his roommate forced him to get his license, all he could talk about was how awesome it was to have freedom. :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,213
    Just feel lucky your not here in NY where we can't even find gas station with gasoline , but i do remember having the same feeling ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Ive been driving 20 years, still love my time behind the wheel. Me and the girl friend live 200 km apart , so every Friday I'm spending two hours on the road. Great way to end a work week, just me,my car and my stereo. I little time spent in my own head to get right.
    John Roach
  • I still love driving. I have a long commute to/from work and I love having that time to just relax, listen to music, relax before the chaos or decompress at the end of the day; it's a guaranteed 2 hours a day that I have all to myself and it let's me leave work at work. I love that (although some days I think I would love an extra 2 hours of sleep even more) :D
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Today was the first night I was allowed out and about. I had a blast! 2 different movie theaters, friends house, mall, McDonald's, and a trip to Walmart :D Plus multiple circles from getting slightly lost :fp: My driving is pretty good... now I just have to work on not being so directionally challenged :lol: