Vox Night Train

MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
edited January 2013 in Musicians and Gearheads
Anyone ever use this head? I've found one at a hell of a price and was thinking about picking one up and getting rid of my HRD. That damn thing is just too loud, plus I already have a Classic 50 410 that pretty much has the same tone/sound. Since it is a 15w switchable to 7.5w I am thinking it would be more suitable for the man/music room.

Only down side would be that I would have to find a used cab to plug into. But I figure until I get rid of the HRD I could just unplug the amp and use it as a cabinet.
"Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Ive got one and love it dude. Packs alot of tone for what it is. Great for bedroom levels if thats what you're after.
  • If it's worth it, get it.

I find it entertaining about the bedroom level comments that I read. I have 5 watt amps, and 22 watt amps and 50 watt amps.

When I got my valve junior i told the wife, that this will be nice for the home. It will be a lot quieter. Well I turn it on and get it in it's sweet spot, and my wife walks in and goes "Apparently your deaf, because that's loud as hell". I know, I know, I know...

But that's the breaks, I need the power tubes pushed, and i need the speakers pushed to get any amp where i like it

Might want to look into a lower efficiency speaker, to help keep things "some what" quiet...
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • petersm69 wrote:
    Ive got one and love it dude. Packs alot of tone for what it is. Great for bedroom levels if thats what you're after.

That's what I'm after...I can't turn the volume on either the Classic 50 or HRD past 1.5 without the house shaking and my wife complaining about the noise!

How does it take pedals?
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

• So the Night Train came last week...found a Peavey 12" speaker cabinet cheap on craigslist that can be either closed or semi-open back. Once I find a better speaker than the blue marvel, it may be a half-decent setup.

• How you liking this thing so far?
    I've been dreaming of one for a while now.
    (well, i truthfully want a Weber Hi-Watt Clone, but baring some amazing windfall of cash ... i'm probably destined for a Night Train to quench my thirst for gritty wattage.

:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
    (well, i truthfully want a Weber Hi-Watt Clone, but baring some amazing windfall of cash ... i'm probably destined for a Night Train to quench my thirst for gritty wattage.

So far so good. It definitely has got that Vox chime, but it gets gritty very nicely. The only thing I plan to change about the setup is the speaker in the cabinet.

So far so good. It definitely has got that Vox chime, but it gets gritty very nicely. The only thing I plan to change about the setup is the speaker in the cabinet.

Weber Blue Dog...
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

Weber Blue Dog...
    I ordered the Blue Dog tonight, 10% off with their End of the World sale.

Worst case, I don't like it with the Vox, and I throw it in my HRD for something different.

• :D[/quote]
    So far so good. It definitely has got that Vox chime, but it gets gritty very nicely. The only thing I plan to change about the setup is the speaker in the cabinet.[/quote]

Weber Blue Dog...[/quote]

Worst case, I don't like it with the Vox, and I throw it in my HRD for something different.[/quote]

It's a great speaker... You won't be dissapointed

• MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    So far so good. It definitely has got that Vox chime, but it gets gritty very nicely. The only thing I plan to change about the setup is the speaker in the cabinet.[/quote]

Weber Blue Dog...[/quote]

Worst case, I don't like it with the Vox, and I throw it in my HRD for something different.[/quote]

It's a great speaker... You won't be dissapointed[/quote]

You were right on...finally got the speaker delivered last week. Sounds good now, I can't wait to see how it sounds after it has been broken in a little.

• [/quote]

It's a great speaker... You won't be dissapointed[/quote]

You were right on...finally got the speaker delivered last week. Sounds good now, I can't wait to see how it sounds after it has been broken in a little.[/quote]

Glad to hear you like it. I would say it's one of Weber's bread and butter speakers... Thing works some magic.