No...NO, this has my blood boiling

LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
edited November 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Listen, I live in NY, I experienced Hurricane Sandy. We had some damage in my area, no power. Yes, I am VERY fortunate that not only did my house withstand the wind, but I also got power back rather quickly. Does this mean that I shouldn't go out on Friday and enjoy myself? Here's why I ask:

One of my friend's went on this rant about how she's tired of people "celebrating" that they got their power back or that they got their cable back. I mean she went full on with this rant. She preached about how there are people who now have nothing, let alone power or cable...and how inconsiderate people are being about saying "YAY I got power!" She got on my case because I said "Oooh I hope the subways are running by Friday so I can get to RNDM, I don't really want to drive." She practically berated me for going to a concert while other people are suffering. Are you kidding me?! Who's to say that I haven't donated to the Red Cross...and emptied my closets/dressers of all clothes I no longer wear to donate to those who need them? Cause I did. She didn't bother to ask me that, she was too busy scolding me for wanting to go out and enjoy a night after being housebound for the better part of 3 days. Not for nothing, but there are people that live without power/homes/clothes/food/family every single day of the year. I should get on her case for not donating and going out to countless bars every other night while other people suffer in the world.

And as for the people that are "celebrating" when they get power...they/we have every right to. It's a sign of improvement in our communities and a sign of rebuilding.

Sorry about my little rant. It just aggravated me to the point where I was *this close* to telling her to fuck off. It takes a lot for me to fully lose my patience and she just about made it happen.
"Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
saldoubledutchgif_zps889c30d5.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    whata bitch she was to you
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    You should have told her to poke her eyes out, because you know, there are blind people in the world.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
    You should have told her to poke her eyes out, because you know, there are blind people in the world.
    :lol::lol::lol:

That cracked me up!

I wonder if she realizes that people PAYING to get into the show are generating revenue for HER community.
    "Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Cat fight :corn: :corn:
  • Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234
    There are two types of people out there. Radiators and Drains. She sounds like a huuuge drain of your energy.

More importantly I whole heartedly agree with you on your other belief that there is a time and place for decaf coffee.... NEVER and IN THE TRASH . Amen to that. Enjoy RNDM :) You deserve a treat.
    Sometimes I speak of nothing at all.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,410
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Cat fight :corn: :corn:

:lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Ask her what she's done to help. My feeling is while this is horrible, there is a good infrastructure, people know what to do, and things will get fixed and up and running again. For someone to blame someone else who was happy because their power came on is kind of ridiculous. I'm glad you're doing okay. My friend in Yonkers said she didn't have power Tues. and she was staying with family in the Bronx.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    Go and enjoy the show. I'm sure there will be people there who do not have power, phone or cable at home enjoying the night and forgetting their troubles for a little while.

Sounds like the storm blew way too much sand in your friends vagina.
    My butt itches!
    She was just complaining about her laptop not fully charging because they lowered the voltage in her area. I had to bite my tongue. Figured it wasn't worth it to call her out.
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    She was just complaining about her laptop not fully charging because they lowered the voltage in her area. I had to bite my tongue. Figured it wasn't worth it to call her out.

i would have called her out. good on you. go enjoy the show!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Meg8686 wrote:
    There are two types of people out there. Radiators and Drains. She sounds like a huuuge drain of your energy.

More importantly I whole heartedly agree with you on your other belief that there is a time and place for decaf coffee.... NEVER and IN THE TRASH . Amen to that. Enjoy RNDM :) You deserve a treat.
    Haha coffee addicts unite!! I was so glad the 7-11 down the street from me was open during the outage. I could go weeks without cable or power...but coffee?? No no.
    DURP wrote:

Or rather, sounds like she needs something in her vagina.
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    DURP wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    DURP wrote:

This! And Pray the sands out of it too. :corn: :D
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    Listen, I live in NY, I experienced Hurricane Sandy. We had some damage in my area, no power. Yes, I am VERY fortunate that not only did my house withstand the wind, but I also got power back rather quickly. Does this mean that I shouldn't go out on Friday and enjoy myself? Here's why I ask:

One of my friend's went on this rant about how she's tired of people "celebrating" that they got their power back or that they got their cable back. I mean she went full on with this rant. She preached about how there are people who now have nothing, let alone power or cable...and how inconsiderate people are being about saying "YAY I got power!" She got on my case because I said "Oooh I hope the subways are running by Friday so I can get to RNDM, I don't really want to drive." She practically berated me for going to a concert while other people are suffering. Are you kidding me?! Who's to say that I haven't donated to the Red Cross...and emptied my closets/dressers of all clothes I no longer wear to donate to those who need them? Cause I did. She didn't bother to ask me that, she was too busy scolding me for wanting to go out and enjoy a night after being housebound for the better part of 3 days. Not for nothing, but there are people that live without power/homes/clothes/food/family every single day of the year. I should get on her case for not donating and going out to countless bars every other night while other people suffer in the world.

And as for the people that are "celebrating" when they get power...they/we have every right to. It's a sign of improvement in our communities and a sign of rebuilding.

Sorry about my little rant. It just aggravated me to the point where I was *this close* to telling her to fuck off. It takes a lot for me to fully lose my patience and she just about made it happen.

de-friend that woman immediately. you did nothing wrong at all.
    www.myspace.com
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    Uugh. I hate people like this. Some people need to mind their damn business and stop worrying about what others are doing. Glad you're safe, and have fun at the show! :)
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Does your friend realise that there a lot more people suffering in the world than the victims of Sandy? Does she think about them when she celebrates throughout the year?

What a fuckhead!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Sounds like someone you should distance yourself from.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Jealousy is the worst human emotion.
    Well the thing is, we've been friends for several years and she's been through a rough couple of years (her fiancé committed suicide). I can't just unfriend her and that's it. She is a generally nice person. But she has this thing where everything tragic that happens, she makes it "hers", if that makes any sense. It's one of her more annoying traits. Meh, what can ya do.

By the way, had an awesome time at the show! Even getting there was a little fun adventure with ferries, trains and cabs :lol: Was right up on the stage...coulda grabbed Jeff's shoe :P
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    Well the thing is, we've been friends for several years and she's been through a rough couple of years (her fiancé committed suicide). I can't just unfriend her and that's it. She is a generally nice person. But she has this thing where everything tragic that happens, she makes it "hers", if that makes any sense.

Oh I get it - as my Dad used to say 'she has to the bride at every wedding and the corpse at every funeral'. So glad you got to the show!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Some people just like to be righteous. Glad to hear you went to the show and had a great time.
    ELITIST FUK