One wish

kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
edited November 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Real simple: You have one wish to change anything in the world you like -- what would it be? End poverty? Erase global gender inequality? Ban boy bands? Make everything cheese-flavored?

As an added thought-problem, what real world implications would your wish have? If you eliminate world hunger, does that mean super markets and restaurants go out of business because people never have to worry about going hungry so they stop buying food? If everything tastes like cheese, what would stop people from eating doors and puppies?

Mine would be to erase all pollution on our planet, including in our waters and excessive green house gases, to effectively put us back to Square 1. I'd hope, given a reprieve of the effects of global climate change, we'd shape up our act and begin approaching industrialization in a more thoughtful, environmentally friendly manner. But I fear we'd wind up just kicking the can down the road.
"Where's KW?"
"Let's check Idaho."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Marijuana, Legal and Celebrated.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Money becomes irrelevant
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Change hate to acceptance...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    no religion

would end most conflicts and the influence of some nut jobs
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    RKCNDY wrote:
    ^ This....for everyone to realize we're all on the same side

The downside? AMT becomes a yawnfest :yawn:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    RKCNDY wrote:

:lol:

Yeah, there's always a weird, Monkey's Paw-type reaction to every wish.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Lisa to find some great bread and coffee.. life would be great then :D
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Forbidden donut. Mmmmmm ....
    RKCNDY wrote:

but people could just agree to disagree...

I was going to say what pjhawks said, but then I have to remember, there are some really 'lost' people out there that really have no sense of direction or know right and wrong. Some people need to have an entity to believe that something is 'real', they can't fathom that *love* is real, they need to attach it no 'something' to believe in it. Or what if there never was religion in the first place...would those same people cease to feel the need to attach things to an entity? Would they just accept things as they are?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Erase stupidity.

Ignorance is fine -- we are all ignorant of what we do not know. Stupidity? Damn, there are SO many people who are flat out stupid and it has such a huge part in determining what they do.

Have no idea how this would happen but if everyone were to suddenly be on a more level playing field mentally things would be so much easier to work through.

(Of course there would still be greed, hate and all of the other signs of humanity to mitigate this result.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Simple. Do away with money entirely. Society would serve on a barter system, people would be more self-sufficient and work together as communities. Instead of valuing success and money, people would value family, friends, and life!

Some might argue that this would create a less competitive world where people wouldn't create the things that we have now, such as iPads or other hi-tech goods. My response? Do we really need all that shit anyway?
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Simple. Do away with money entirely. Society would serve on a barter system, people would be more self-sufficient and work together as communities. Instead of valuing success and money, people would value family, friends, and life!

Some might argue that this would create a less competitive world where people wouldn't create the things that we have now, such as iPads or other hi-tech goods. My response? Do we really need all that shit anyway?

you wouldn't get to watch football...or spend time on here if we didn't have all that shit...

- Christopher McCandless
  • ozgurkdozgurkd Posts: 434
    Caveeze wrote:
    Lisa to find some great bread and coffee.. life would be great then :D

for some reason this sounded perfect to me!
    Living is no laughing matter: you must live with great seriousness like a squirrel for example - I mean without looking for something beyond and above living, I mean living must be your whole occupation.
    Nazım Hikmet
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

you wouldn't get to watch football...or spend time on here if we didn't have all that shit...
    We could just meet every year by walking to Missoula
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Mamasan23 wrote:

I'm not sure what the street value of a Power Point slide is.

:think:
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Freakin' Commie!
    #FHP
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

We could just meet every year by walking to Missoula

it would all be arranged by using:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJYlzYBBJHogDd6TdfYwkXAffSOA3z_iCUhChKeRU1XBibMeQLUg

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i'd wish for a house made of gold, a swimming pool filled with beer, and a moat to keep the rift raft away from my own little slice of asshat island.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Well certain things we would have...people would want transportation because they would want to get around! And if I had to give this and football up to spend more time with my family and friends I would in a heartbeat.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    I would wish for the instant teleportation of nearly the whole human race to the moon. Left behind would be myself and a small select group of friends and family and 100 or so of the most beautiful, fertile women in the world. Also 1 or 2 immigrant families to tend the crops.

We could start this whole fiasco all over again.

And at night we could pull out our telescopes and play 'Where's Waldo?' looking at the moon.
    #FHP
  • Horos wrote:
    I would wish for the instant teleportation of nearly the whole human race to the moon. Left behind would be myself and a small select group of friends and family and 100 or so of the most beautiful, fertile women in the world. Also 1 or 2 immigrant families to tend the crops.

And at night we could pull out our telescopes and play 'Where's Waldo?' looking at the moon.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    81 wrote:
    i'd wish for a house made of gold, a swimming pool filled with beer, and a moat to keep the rift raft away from my own little slice of asshat island.
    That's more than one wish :nono:

My new wish is for 81 to play by the rules :roll: :D

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

fine...

i wish for a huge house made of solid gold.

i would then slice off a couple of ounces to fund the construction of the pool and moat. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

fine...

i would then slice off a couple of ounces to fund the construction of the pool and moat. :fp:
    That's better :thumbup: :wave:

81 wrote:
    fine...

Chisel party at 81's house. :lol:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Marijuana, Legal and Celebrated.
    If I find a genie, I'll make sure your wish becomes a reality.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    I'm sure I should wish for something noble like world peace or an end to poverty, but if I could have anything it would be a cure for migraines.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    Horos wrote:

Ha! Nice. :thumbup:

Horos, post-wish:

Tor_Johnson.jpg

(Not pictured: Moon filled with corpses.)

:wave:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    I would like to wish for all of the really crazy people (murderers, rapists) to go away. But if those people don't exist, I guess the rest of us move up on the crazy scale.
    I win.
  • Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234
    A never ending bag of weed please.
    Sometimes I speak of nothing at all.