Windows 8

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited March 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Just got a new laptop with Windows 8. Yet again Microsoft felt they needed to try and reinvent the wheel. Why? I just ask why? :fp:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Nest time think MacBook...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I'd suggest installing windows something else but don't have a month of life to waste on explaining how to install
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Just found a setting where I could click and everything reverts back to "desktop" form so basically it's like every other windows I've ever used. I'm sure this will be the default setting for the masses. :fp: :lol:

Stop trying to be Apple, Microsoft. If I wanted a Mac I would have bought one. :fp:
    Yeah. Windows 8 officially blows. This laptop will be going back.
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I'm planning on building a gaming PC in the near future, but I'm afraid of going the Windows 8 route. I've been on Linux for so long now, I don't really want to have to get used to Windows' eccentricities.
    I'm planning on building a gaming PC in the near future, but I'm afraid of going the Windows 8 route. I've been on Linux for so long now, I don't really want to have to get used to Windows' eccentricities.

It's truly annoying. Microsoft has unsuccessfully reinvented the wheel. Good job guys. :thumbup:
    DS1119 wrote:
    It's truly annoying. Microsoft has unsuccessfully reinvented the wheel. Good job guys. :thumbup:
    It always seems to be one step forward, two steps back with them. From what I'm hearing about Windows 8, it's trying too hard to be a tablet OS while neglecting the actual PC users.
    DS1119 wrote:
    It always seems to be one step forward, two steps back with them. From what I'm hearing about Windows 8, it's trying too hard to be a tablet OS while neglecting the actual PC users.

Spot on. I only use Windows 8 in "desktop" mode which closely resembles previous Windows versions. When I put it in their new mode they keep showing on tv I want to touch the screen to navigate through it instead of using the keyboard or touchpad. Very annoying.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Spot on. I only use Windows 8 in "desktop" mode which closely resembles previous Windows versions. When I put it in their new mode they keep showing on tv I want to touch the screen to navigate through it instead of using the keyboard or touchpad. Very annoying.
    I'm waiting for the day my Dad buys it and calls me asking for help understanding the new OS. Scratch that, I'm dreading that day.
    I'm waiting for the day my Dad buys it and calls me asking for help understanding the new OS. Scratch that, I'm dreading that day.

I'm 39. Been using WIndows since...you know essentially when Windows came out...grew up on it...and this is so far a ridiculous change I literally can't use it. I'm glad they built in the setting (which I found fucking accidentally by the way) to resort back to the desktop mode.
    Yeah, I remember reading about that setting a week or two ago, and that it's so well hidden that the average user won't find it. You'd think after all these years MS would understand their market a little better.
    Yeah, I remember reading about that setting a week or two ago, and that it's so well hidden that the average user won't find it. You'd think after all these years MS would understand their market a little better.

I'm sure they have a bigger plan but for right now...eh...I'm sure in 6 months I'll figure it out and love it. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    I'm sure they have a bigger plan but for right now...eh...I'm sure in 6 months I'll figure it out and love it. :lol:
    I'm sure it'll be a good OS when everything is patched up and polished. It'll just be out of date by then.
    when everything is patched up and polished. It'll just be out of date by then.

Like me. :lol:
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    The commercials seem pretty cool. Anyone having major issues?