Jimmy Savile

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited October 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/world/ ... 6504479477

Wow what a dirty bastard.
Never heard of him until now, I guess those in the UK would know who he is.
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Never heard of the guy, but strange story. Doing some other reading, he has been investigated going as far back as 1958. The guy was both a knight of OBE and Order of St. Gregory. He died last year though.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Gary Glitter was arrested today (though he's out on bail now) in connection to the Savile investigation.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/global/2012/oct/28/gary-glitter-arrest-jimmy-savile?newsfeed=true
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234
    Yep, he's been on TV since my parents were teens. Everyone knows who he is. Whats sickening is the coverup and the ignorance the BBC are showing about it all, it alll happened under thier watchful eye and claim no knowledge of anything . Its all pretty disgusting. Just like Sir Jimmy.
    Sometimes I speak of nothing at all.
  • As Steve Jones of the Sex Pistols said during that Grundy Show incident....

You dirty sod, you dirty old man, You dirty bastard, you dirty fucker, what a fucking rotter!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Story has been rumbling here for several weeks.He was never off the tv when I was a kid,he always made my skin crawl even watching his shows.

If the old footage is ever released of his Jim'll Fix It show,that ran for years,he always insisted the kids that won the prize sat on his knee and he would kiss and cuddle them for what seemed for just a wee bit too long :?

He lived in Glencoe,my brother worked in Ballachulish,the wee town in the glen,for several years a few years ago.Even at that time years before this current situation my brother said the town was rife with rumours that his interaction with children was just never quite right.

Louis Theroux did a brilliant documentary on him a few years ago,he came across as a very odd and still skin crawlingl creepy old man.

The BBC are currently being fully investigated about their inability to maintain the child protection procedures and what actually went on.I can see the link with Gary Glitter,Jimmy Saville was a radio one DJ and regularly presented the music show Top of The Pops where Glitter regularly performed.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Yeah I always found him to be creepy when he was on tv when I was younger, and now looking back as an adult I can hardly believe that they had him presenting all these 'family' shows.......utterly repugnant.
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Yeah I always found him to be creepy when he was on tv when I was younger, and now looking back as an adult I can hardly believe that they had him presenting all these 'family' shows.......utterly repugnant.

I heard on the news last night that he was pulled from being involved in Children in Need because so many of the staff working for the charity had raised concerns about his interactions,comments and manner.

I think there have been many cover ups about him over the years.It is telling that his family have had his gravestone removed because of the recent publicity and to avoid any desecration of it :?
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”