Options

porcupine tree and pearl jam should tour together

SkooledSkooled Posts: 147
edited March 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
How amazing would that be
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    That would be amazing!!! Who are Porcupine Tree??
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
  • Options
    i dont know about all that. i liked that one song, .3 i think its called but i didnt really like the rest of that particular cd.
    No time to question why nothing lasts
  • Options
    SkooledSkooled Posts: 147
    prodigal is pretty good
  • Options
    dirtdirt Posts: 398
    I am pretty basic when it comes to Porcupine Tree -- Sky Moves Sideways and Stupid Dream are all I have.

The Opeth DVD, Lamentations, shows them working in the studio w/ the head Porc Tree guy serving as producer...THAT was very cool. Opeth and Porcupine Tree touring together would be so sweet -- my whole rock/metal/prog needs could be satisfied in one show for real.

Gonna see Opeth in Detroit later this month and I cannot wait!!!
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,090
    I LOVE both bands, but that would certainly be an odd combo.
  • Options
    CynCyn Posts: 21
    I just found this thread and was happy to find out there are other PJ and PT fans out there. PJ will always be my #1 favorite but it PJ did not exist Porcupine Tree would have to be my #1 !

Just found out today the new CD will be called "Fear of a Blank Planet" and will only be 6 songs long ! 6 long songs! They won't be getting much radio play for this one.
    Their fanbase is pretty hardcore so I am sure they will still do just fine.

Blackfield is coming to US in March and PT is expected to tour the us not long after that. I am the Boston co-captain for the street team and we are always looking for new recruits !

Since it looks like 07 may not contain much in the way of live PJ, PT will be getting me through !
    "I won't change direction and I won't change my mind, how much difference does it make?"
  • Options
    doujodoujo Posts: 285
    porcupine tree are amazing, them and pearl jam are the two bands i've been listening to the most these days. steve wilson is a genious, i can't wait for the new album. i saw the show in new york in october and the first half of the show was all new music. it was awesome. i don't know if i would like a pt and pj tour though. i would want them both to play full sets and that probably wouldn't happen. if you haven't check out this band, you really should. they are one of the best bands around and i can't wait for them to come back to the states.
  • Options
    As much as I love those two bands,I can't picture their tour.I doubt it will happen.
    11/01/96 warsaw
    06/15/00 katowice
    06/16/00 katowice
    09/22/06 prague
    09/23/06 berlin
    09/25/06 vienna
    06/13/07 chorzow
  • Options
    Anyone else here starting to dream about trying to go ?
    I may need a travel partner or partners if I can actually make this a reality.

I am SO excited !!!
    "I won't change direction and I won't change my mind, how much difference does it make?"
  • Options
    Steven Wilson's side project Blackfield is playing in Boston tonight. Just wondering if anyone else from here is going.

They are doing a free instore at 6 or 6:30 at Newbury comics on Newbury St. Even if you don't have tickets for the show (both sold out) you should go to Newbury and hear them play a few songs you might really like them.

Steven Wilson is an amazing musician !
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,968
    porcupine tree & pearl jam ... it would be a match made in heaven if they would tour together. i've heard a few of the leaked tracks from porcupine tree's newest album .. i must say .. kicks ass.

if ya never seen them play live before .. go rent or pick up tonight the arriving somewhere dvd by porcupine tree. you won't be disappointed.

:)
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    demetrios wrote:
    porcupine tree & pearl jam ... it would be a match made in heaven if they would tour together. i've heard a few of the leaked tracks from porcupine tree's newest album .. i must say .. kicks ass.

if ya never seen them play live before .. go rent or pick up tonight the arriving somewhere dvd by porcupine tree. you won't be disappointed.

:)

sure thing D

hell ya, i heard their studio stuff

would be awesome
  • Options
    GhostChileGhostChile Posts: 1,115
    weird pair. Who should open?
    Mexico City 17/7/2003
    Mexico City 18/7/2003
    Mexico City 19/7/2003
    Santiago Chile 22/11/2005
    Santiago Chile 23/11/2005
    Buenos Aires Argentina 13/11/2011
    Santiago Chile 16/11/2011
    Lima Perú 18/11/2011
    Sao Paulo Brasil 31/3/2013
    Buenos Aires Argentina 03/4/2013
    Santiago Chile 06/5/2013
    Santiago Chile 4/11/2015
    Buenos Aires Argentina 7/11/2015
    Porto Alegre Brasil 11/11/2015
    Sao Paulo Brasil 14/11/2015
    Brasilia Brasil 17/11/2015
    Belo Horizonte Brasil 20/11/2015
    Rio de Janeiro Brasil 22/11/2015
    Bogota Colombia 25/11/2015
    Mexico City 28/11/2015
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL 8/4/2016
    Miami, FL 9/4/2016
    Tampa, FL 11/4/2016
    Santiago Chile 13/3/2018
    Santiago Chile 16/3/2018
    Rome Italy 26/6/2018
    Prague Czech Republic 1/7/2018
    Krakow Poland 3/7/2018
    Berlin Germany 5/7/2018
    Barcelona Spain 10/7/2018
    Dana Point, CA 1/10/2021
    Dana Point, CA 2/10/2021 
  • Options
    lateraluslateralus Posts: 111
    they're both on southside and hurricane festival this year.. maybe they play together ^^.. ;)
    13/9/06: Bern
    12/6/07: Munich
    23/6/07: Southside Festival
  • Options
    I am looking into flights and hostels anyone else plan on going from the New England area ? I have always wanted to go to Germany and this give me an excellent reason to !
    Anyone feel like going ?