http://www.jdjournal.com/2012/10/23/wom ... ing-signs/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i did not watch the video...but yes....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    that was awesome and sooooo funny! she was sooooo confused!
  • PJinILPJinIL Posts: 433
    man, trying to waste some time at work, but the link won't open for me....though looking at the tag info, when I was little, I used to wonder how they made the deer cross at the signs...
    It's amazing what you hear when you take time to listen.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Are you sure this wasn't fake? Because the thing she's complaining about is also the punchline to one of the oldest blonde jokes I know, probably since I was in elementary school. Also, we're talking about a morning radio show, which do fake calls and all kinds of other stuff to fill time and have fun with the audience. Yeah, people can really be that stupid, I just can't get past the fact that her concern was also the punchline to a classic and well known joke.

You can find examples of that old joke, pre-dating the video, all over the internet. Including an old George Carlin bit, minus the blonde angle though, about how they get deer to cross at those signs. It's possible that it's a coincidence that a lady had the same confused thought as an old joke, but since we're dealing with notoriously un-original morning DJ's, I find it much more likely they just used the premise of an old joke to do some radio call-in bit.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Are you sure this wasn't fake? Because the thing she's complaining about is also the punchline to one of the oldest blonde jokes I know, probably since I was in elementary school. Also, we're talking about a morning radio show, which do fake calls and all kinds of other stuff to fill time and have fun with the audience. Yeah, people can really be that stupid, I just can't get past the fact that her concern was also the punchline to a classic and well known joke.

You can find examples of that old joke, pre-dating the video, all over the internet. Including an old George Carlin bit, minus the blonde angle though, about how they get deer to cross at those signs. It's possible that it's a coincidence that a lady had the same confused thought as an old joke, but since we're dealing with notoriously un-original morning DJ's, I find it much more likely they just used the premise of an old joke to do some radio call-in bit.

Possibly but by judigng by the publics reaction over the past few days I don't think so. Could be.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Fake or not that is some funny shit!

And yes a lot of people are really that stupid.
    #FHP
    What has the public reaction been? I know the video is viral, but that doesn't mean it's real.

When I do a Google search I just get hits for the video, and a lot of people like this that also think it's a hoax, and point out the age of the old bit/joke.

http://news.lalate.com/2012/10/22/donna-the-deer-lady-identity-pursued-as-hoax-allegations-grow/

It could be real though, and it's funny either way. I'm sure the joke probably stemmed from some stupid person back in the day actually being confused, and if one idiot has that thought, others can. It just seems a little too coincidental to me.
    What has the public reaction been? I know the video is viral, but that doesn't mean it's real.

When I do a Google search I just get hits for the video, and a lot of people like this that also think it's a hoax, and point out the age of the old bit/joke.

http://news.lalate.com/2012/10/22/donna-the-deer-lady-identity-pursued-as-hoax-allegations-grow/

It could be real though, and it's funny either way. I'm sure the joke probably stemmed from some stupid person back in the day actually being confused, and if one idiot has that thought, others can. It just seems a little too coincidental to me.

Always the cynic. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Always the cynic. :lol:

I know, I'm getting too old. :lol:

But I think I might be right about this one. I mean the second I saw the headline at the top of the page with the video I actually said out loud "I know this joke".

I got a chuckle out of it anyway, the execution was good, and they sold it well.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to peace out to the "Getting Older" thread.
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Here's a call back from Donna the Deer Lady...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... B1yEcdomt0
    #FHP
    I still don't think it's fake.