Justin Bieber way to go.

patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
edited October 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
http://www.jsonline.com/entertainment/m ... 68201.html

After the news today of the shooting it was nice to see this story. I don't care for his music but he's alright in my book. :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I don't want to sound mean, and this is a GREAT story, but I don't really give any of the credit to Bieber, he really didn't do anything. The story says there was a grass roots campaign to get her to meet Justin, a local radio station employee heard about it and gave her a backstage pass that Bieber's label gave the radio station for promotional give-aways, and she was transported by ambulance to the venue to see him. Those people did all the work and got her there. Bieber (who in his defense probably didn't know anything about it) didn't go see her at the hospital. They had to transport her to him, in an ambulance.

It is a really great story though, I just don't think the story is as much about Bieber as it is about all the people that helped her dream come true, and of course about the girl herself. Bieber, to his credit didn't walk out of the room, but who would do that to a little girl with a brain tumor? It would be a PR nightmare anyway. He did what any half-decent human being would have done, and gave her 5 minutes of his time to make her dream come true.

I would like to think that if Justin had known about this little girl, that he probably would have gone to see her while he was in town, that's just not what happened. You can't blame the kid for knowing about a grass roots campaign, I'm sure there's probably a lot of them out there trying to get him to meet with their sick/healthy child.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • I don't want to sound mean, and this is a GREAT story, but I don't really give any of the credit to Bieber, he really didn't do anything. The story says there was a grass roots campaign to get her to meet Justin, a local radio station employee heard about it and gave her a backstage pass that Bieber's label gave the radio station for promotional give-aways, and she was transported by ambulance to the venue to see him. Those people did all the work and got her there. Bieber (who in his defense probably didn't know anything about it) didn't go see her at the hospital. They had to transport her to him, in an ambulance.

It is a really great story though, I just don't think the story is as much about Bieber as it is about all the people that helped her dream come true, and of course about the girl herself. Bieber, to his credit didn't walk out of the room, but who would do that to a little girl with a brain tumor? It would be a PR nightmare anyway. He did what any half-decent human being would have done, and gave her 5 minutes of his time to make her dream come true.

I would like to think that if Justin had known about this little girl, that he probably would have gone to see her while he was in town, that's just not what happened. You can't blame the kid for knowing about a grass roots campaign, I'm sure there's probably a lot of them out there trying to get him to meet with their sick/healthy child.

I get what yr saying kinda but you don't know the whole story. He did try and go see her b4 the show but the hospital was under lockdown due to a shooting. There was fear the shooter was coming to the hospital to kill his wife if he hadn't already. Nobody was getting in or out of the hospital. So he tried but made it up to her tonight. Its a nice story and the people of Wisconsin/Milwaukee/Brookfield sure could use a good story after todays events. Maybe next time keep yr mouth shut no offense.
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    I think the only thing that matters is that smiley face on that little girl. It obviously made the little loves day :D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • great move!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I get what yr saying kinda but you don't know the whole story. He did try and go see her b4 the show but the hospital was under lockdown due to a shooting. There was fear the shooter was coming to the hospital to kill his wife if he hadn't already. Nobody was getting in or out of the hospital. So he tried but made it up to her tonight. Its a nice story and the people of Wisconsin/Milwaukee/Brookfield sure could use a good story after todays events. Maybe next time keep yr mouth shut no offense.

Yeah, I just found out about that shooting, but the article mentioned nothing about the hospital being locked down. If it was locked down how was she able to get out? Lockdown means nobody in or out. If they let her out why couldn't they let Bieber in? And why did the radio station give her their pass instead of Bieber or his people just setting it up?

I don't guess it matters, I'm sure Bieber is an OK kid and probably would have gone anyway. And like Loulou said the most important thing is the smile on that girls face. And that's kind of what I was getting at before, just that the lead was sort of buried under the "Justin Bieber way to go" when the girl and the regular people that helped make it happen seem like a bigger story.

And of course I won't take any offense by you telling me to keep my mouth shut. How would that be considered offensive? I wasn't trying to start an argument, it just seems like the girl is the story here. And I'll just leave it at that. I'm not going to get in a pissing match in a thread about a 4 year old girl with a brain tumor.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    I wish the youth of today had better taste in music, but I think JB is a much better I fluence for little girls than a whole lot of other options - he's clean, basically a good guy, tries to send out positive messages... I don't know why people (including grown ups) hate on him; it's really weird and stupid.

Anyway, that's nice of him. He does a lot of shit for a lot of kids on a regular basis and tries to make people happy when thsy need it. So good for him.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I still have Bieber Fever.