Options

PJ to play Fenway Park

ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
edited January 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
Rumors have started flying around here in the Boston area that PJ will play Fenway Park in the summer of 2007. I believe it's more up to the city approving the show, more than anything, but there is talk going on again to try for this year.
9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    ahhh....yeah...I guess we'll just have to wait and see:rolleyes:
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Options
    maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    Seating wise, I think Fenway is one of the smaller MLB stadiums......
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    i hope they made some sort of revisions -

the first rock and roll concert at fenway ( Bruce & E Street Band ) was a little scary walking in- what a clusterfuck of people, all bottle-necked up into 1` very tiny walking tunnel to enter / exit the stadium. people we pushing and shoving, and basically not moving much at all. It probably took us 40 minutes to get to our seats- it was sick .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    i'm not a big fan of concerts at fenway...

sound kinda sucks and any seats not on the field arent good at all.
  • Options
    doujodoujo Posts: 285
    macci wrote:
    Seating wise, I think Fenway is one of the smaller MLB stadiums......

its been the smallest mlb stadium for a really long time up until this past year. oakland blocked off the upper deck seats in their stadium so officially, the seats available for a regular season game, oakland is smaller then fenway. oakland was going to open up the seats if they went further into the playoffs so to me, fenway is the smallest.
  • Options
    I think it seats 35,000, maybe more wfor a concert...but I could be wrong
    coming up

MSG 1
    Ringo the next night in Boston
    Hartford
    Boston 1 & 2

hell's yeah...
  • Options
    ski-bum wrote:
    Rumors have started flying around here in the Boston area that PJ will play Fenway Park in the summer of 2007. I believe it's more up to the city approving the show, more than anything, but there is talk going on again to try for this year.

damn boy... I haven't seen you around here in a while... how ya been bro?
    I'm a Thief, I'm a Liar...
    Here's my Church, I Sing in the Choir.

8/12/1992 Stanhope, NJ
    9/8/1998 East Rutherford, NJ
    9/2/2000 Camden, NJ
    9/28/2004 Boston, Ma
    6/24/2008 New York, NY
    5/15/2010 Hartford, Ct
  • Options
    brainofjbbrainofjb Boston Posts: 381
    i'm not a big fan of concerts at fenway...

sound kinda sucks and any seats not on the field arent good at all.

probably not the Best place sound wise BUT
    the fact that it is Fenway
    You are on the field itself.... very cool
    the history of fenway alone, makes if worth it!

the fact that only a few ppl have played there too!
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • Options
    ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    zendon71 wrote:
    damn boy... I haven't seen you around here in a while... how ya been bro?

Is this the couple I sold tickets to for your honeymoon? How the HELL are you guys doing? Want to go to Fenway? Everyone knows the sound sucks there, but I've heard PJ at great sounding venues. This would be something completly differant!
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • Options
    i'm not totally sure but i think the sound system at fenway was updated last season. i think.
    who history does not teach it makes numb
  • Options
    ski-bum wrote:
    Is this the couple I sold tickets to for your honeymoon? How the HELL are you guys doing? Want to go to Fenway? Everyone knows the sound sucks there, but I've heard PJ at great sounding venues. This would be something completly differant!

Hell yeah buddy! It's us... We're doing great! I'd love to go to Fenway. We'll have to work on it when they get announced.

How have you been???

Bobby
    I'm a Thief, I'm a Liar...
    Here's my Church, I Sing in the Choir.

8/12/1992 Stanhope, NJ
    9/8/1998 East Rutherford, NJ
    9/2/2000 Camden, NJ
    9/28/2004 Boston, Ma
    6/24/2008 New York, NY
    5/15/2010 Hartford, Ct
  • Options
    slug420slug420 Posts: 316
    this would be unreal. saw DMB there last summer and as a sox fan it was incredible to be down on the field. I was right next to 2nd base. I love how they cover the outfield and leave the infield exposed and blocked off like a shrine. The whole place looked incredible in the light from the stage...my friend and I spent almost the whole time leading up to the DMB show sitting on the field talking about how awesome it would be to see pearl jam there.

acoustics were pretty bad though if I remember correctly. very enjoyable show but I often found a very noticable echo coming mostly from the drums.
  • Options
    slug420slug420 Posts: 316
    i just heard tonight that the police will be playing fenway this summer.

I believe they only do one concert at fenway per summer (hope they keep it that way actually, nice and exclusive list) so i think this reduces the chances of PJ playing there to slim and/or none.

:(