Vacation at Maderia Beach, FL

weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
edited October 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Going to Maderia Beach, FL next week, anybody from the area have recommendations on what to do..places to eat, etc....Also going to universal for 2 days when down there. thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dankinddankind Posts: 20,836
    Love that area.

Go to Candy Kitchen and be taken back in time.

Chip in to rent a deep-sea-fishing charter and catch dinner for the week.

John's Pass is a nice little touristy village -- even if you're a native, there are good restaurants and interesting shops.

Waffle House in Treasure Island. I'm not kidding -- just go. It's an experience, man. Also, it's a cool little drive down Gulf Blvd.

Check out the Dali Museum, if you like that sorta thing.

Oh, and enjoy some frozen concoctions at Daiquiri Deck, if you like that sorta thing.

Finally, a trip to Florida wouldn't be complete without an excursion to Hooters, am I right?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dugangsxrdugangsxr Covington KY Posts: 683
    Hey, I've been going down there for the last six years on vacation, its a great place to go. Your minutes from Clearwater and St. Pete's the opposite direction. You gotta go to Bad Ass Coffee that is if you like coffee. And Sunset Beach if a storm rolls in. Surfers go crazy on the east coast, not much waves unless a storm brews up. Im sure some locals will help you out more. Have fun!
    Paul D.
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    that's for the advice....keep it coming folks

waffle house, here I come

our condo is about half mile from john's pass so I'm sure we will go there, I know the seafood fest starts on friday so I'll get 1 day of that