Options

binders full of women

Comments

• Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    pandora wrote:
    know1 wrote:
    I don't understand the issue of what was wrong with that comment.
    it's all they got :lol:

yup, calling Mittens out on his lies is all "they" got.... :lol:
  • Options
    know1 wrote:

Ok... So first... We're talking about the odd turn of phrase itself. There were no women in those binders, there were resumes of women who would be qualified for cabinet positions. Not like I haven't said a few daft things off the top of my head.

The bugger issue is that this was someone who brags about all of his business experience and yet didn't know any qualified women, so he needed to contact an outside firm to harvest them.

It also conjures up and image of a Japanese mail order bride catalogue. It suggests that he was really just pandering and trying to randomly find some token women to fill empty slots.

(Personally, I was hoping people would jump on his "I know how to create 12 million jobs... I know how to do that" which was followed up an hour later with him angrily pointing at the president while spitting out "government cannot create jobs! Government cannot create jobs!" Not like I'd expect a pig like him to even give a shit if his soundbyte Lego pieces fit together into anything, but he does know we can hear him, right?)
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,420
    I thought Mitt generally gave off an "Angry Old Man" kind of vibe last night.

But... I don't want this thread to take a serious turn. ;)

In Soviet Russia, Women Full of Binders!

http://bindersfullofwomen.tumblr.com/image/33752752230

(damn image won't post)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    know1 wrote:

Ok... So first... We're talking about the odd turn of phrase itself. There were no women in those binders, there were resumes of women who would be qualified for cabinet positions. Not like I haven't said a few daft things off the top of my head.

The bugger issue is that this was someone who brags about all of his business experience and yet didn't know any qualified women, so he needed to contact an outside firm to harvest them.

It also conjures up and image of a Japanese mail order bride catalogue. It suggests that he was really just pandering and trying to randomly find some token women to fill empty slots.

(Personally, I was hoping people would jump on his "I know how to create 12 million jobs... I know how to do that" which was followed up an hour later with him angrily pointing at the president while spitting out "government cannot create jobs! Government cannot create jobs!" Not like I'd expect a pig like him to even give a shit if his soundbyte Lego pieces fit together into anything, but he does know we can hear him, right?)

Plus, he totally didn't answer the question. Should have been as easy question to answer, too, if you give even half a shit about pay equity.
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885

(damn image won't post)
    angryromney.jpg

like this? :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    :lol:
    so innocent yet so wrong

Hahahaha. Ha. Yah. I know what you mean. What a card! Tee hee.

Geez man. Ah forget it... I'll give you one of these:

:fp:
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

(damn image won't post)
    angryromney.jpg

Sort of like John McCain angrily wandering around the stage in 2008.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    angryromney.jpg

Sort of like John McCain angrily wandering around the stage in 2008.
    He looks scary here... wouldn't want to be in his binder :shock: :lol:

It also seemed like he didn't know what to do with his limbs...awkward :/

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,709
    Somebody's gotta start up a parody band called Binders Full of Women. Have the singer wear a Mitt Romney mask, shove it on a mike stand and stuff a cigarette in it's mouth. :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux wrote:
    Somebody's gotta start up a parody band called Binders Full of Women. Have the singer wear a Mitt Romney mask, shove it on a mike stand and stuff a cigarette in it's mouth. :lol:

Just a cup of coffee would do.

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,709
    brianlux wrote:

Just a cup of coffee would do.

I get it. :lol::lol::lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    The bugger issue is . . .
    Um, Freudian slip, Prince?
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    know1 wrote:

Mitt didn't hire his own people in business I'm assuming and he comes into government
    wondering the same as others why no ladies? but there are resources in place to find some
    which he makes use of. Hence a binder of great resumes'. He continues on in his role
    with great success.

Funny it only conjures to Democrats, the other half saw it as it was meant.
    It must be a case of Blue blinders again.

After all this time you still don't get how he is going to create jobs really? :fp:
    and no he's not going to have the government create jobs at the cost of millions
    in funny money.
    More blue blinders

Can we all say blue blinders :lol:

Hey let's talk Rose Garden ;)kind of a similiar foo pah , now our President
    tries to paint a different picture then what was handed to the American people
    for weeks.
    Not a pretty sight for our President. I saw the clip of him in the rose garden,
    why didn't he just stick with it? Is the communication in his administration
    that bad? Will we ever know if something could have been done to stop the killings?
    Will the next debate give us any answers and will this mess hurt his foreign policy?
    He takes the blame at least. But where was he when he was needed?
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    pandora wrote:
    know1 wrote:

Mitt didn't hire his own people in business I'm assuming and he comes into government
    wondering the same as others why no ladies? but there are resources in place to find some
    which he makes use of. Hence a binder of great resumes'. He continues on in his role
    with great success.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. WHAT?!?! The CEO of a company doesn't have anthying to do with hiring management? Really?

Talk about Blue Blinders. Someone has some pretty serious Red Blinders.

Oh wait, that's right....you dont know who you are voting for yet. I almost forgot.

BWHAHAHAHAHHA

It is also pretty well documented that he really had nothing to do with those binders.
  • Options
    angryromney.jpg

looks like a turd in edgewise to me :lol:
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pandora wrote:

with great success.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. WHAT?!?! The CEO of a company doesn't have anthying to do with hiring management? Really?

Talk about Blue Blinders. Someone has some pretty serious Red Blinders.

Oh wait, that's right....you dont know who you are voting for yet. I almost forgot.

BWHAHAHAHAHHA

It is also pretty well documented that he really had nothing to do with those binders.
    Exactly the resumes' were available to the Governor when he said why no chicks ;)

I'm thinking when you come into a States administration you are not going to go looking at past
    portfolios from your biz's and yeah I don't picture him doing the hiring, you do?

As far as Red blinders after last evening
    I remembered just how much I like my President,
    so you and me we might be voting the same :lol:
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    th_de4643f341bc22cc441b8be20d68ae70.jpg
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    tumblr_mc0nigUdKv1rj8amio1_500_zps780807cb.png
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    norm wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol::clap::clap::clap:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    Ok, serious question. Do the ladies feel vaguely insulted by this? It seems like the equivalent of a female candidate talking about flipping through a catalog at a sperm bank.

• Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I wouldn't say insulted Johnny. We know the man is a chauvinist, he is ignorant when it comes to women. His whole attitude towards women and their place in society stinks. So really, this is him unscripted - his true colours making a bit of an appearance when they weren't supposed to. If this were not politician, a man with some influence, I would just ignore him and take it for what it's worth. Unfortunately, he is a man of influence and this is not good.
  • Options
    it wasn't malice it was dumb

so for me it wasn't the least bit insulting it was foot in mouth disease
    if he gets elected ;)
    we better get used to it

romney-foot-in-mouth-20532-20120910-62.gif

it's almost over
  • Options
    552278_10152174083875526_778868614_n.jpg
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    it's almost over

Amen.

• Options
    redrock wrote:
    I wouldn't say insulted Johnny. We know the man is a chauvinist, he is ignorant when it comes to women. His whole attitude towards women and their place in society stinks. So really, this is him unscripted - his true colours making a bit of an appearance when they weren't supposed to. If this were not politician, a man with some influence, I would just ignore him and take it for what it's worth. Unfortunately, he is a man of influence and this is not good.

tumblr_mc0n302xDW1rj8amio1_1280_zps69abd7b0.jpg
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    redrock wrote:

tumblr_mc0n302xDW1rj8amio1_1280_zps69abd7b0.jpg

http://j-walk.com/other/goodwife/index.htm

Even the way he talked about his wife during his convention speech sounded like something from the 50s. Is there really anybody in Generation X or Y or whatever that can relate to that?

• Options
    bindersfullofwomen.jpg

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    norm wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    That silly Romney sure knows how to deal a 3-hole punch.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    So how many women are going to dress up in binders for Halloween?? :D