Options

The Pack A.D.

Hugh Freaking DillonHugh Freaking Dillon Posts: 14,010
edited October 2013 in Other Music
I thought I had posted a thread about these two ladies before, but I couldn't find it. It's a female duo that sound a lot like the White Stripes, same set up too. One girl, Becky Black, on guitar and vox, and the other girl, Maya Miller, on drums. Saw them in a dinjy little club here in Winnipeg last year, and the show was awesome.

They are touring right now across Canada, literally coast to coast and then back to coast again, also with a few selected American dates as well, and they also have a new track streaming on their site for the next 5 days or so, called The Water. Go to http://thepackad.com/2012/10/11/back-by-popular-demand/ to listen to it.
Gimli 1993
Fargo 2003
Winnipeg 2005
Winnipeg 2011
St. Paul 2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    These ladies are great!
  • Options
    and they are in the midst of recording their next album.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,505
    Just discovered them via Pandora and I'm really liking their stuff so far. I'm a huge White Stripes fan so this is right up my alley.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    adam42381 wrote:
    Just discovered them via Pandora and I'm really liking their stuff so far. I'm a huge White Stripes fan so this is right up my alley.

yeah, I actually really like them, but when I found out they recorded with one of the same producers Jack used AND recorded the album in Detroit, I thought....LAME. If Jack complains about Dan A from Black Keys riding his coattails....

But still, their live show is unbelievable.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    new single Battering Ram is out on itunes. New album January 2014. October 8th they are releasing the vinyl (and digital) 10" Some Sssongs. The new single, and 2 song from each of their last two albums. Pretty cool.

The Pack A.D. Some Sssongs EP on Limited Edition 10" Vinyl

Comprised of drummer Maya Miller and belligerent guitarist/vocalist Becky Black, The Pack A.D. is an epically fierce explosion of punk, psych and garage rock. The indomitable Vancouver duo have established themselves as an integral part of Canada’s soundscape including a 2013 Juno nomination in the category of “Breakthrough Group Of The Year.”

Now The Pack A.D. intends to bring all things snarl, piss, vinegar, venom and vitriol to the U.S. with the introductory release Some Sssongs. The limited edition 10” vinyl EP release is housed in a collectable die-cut jacket and features the first single “Battering Ram” produced by Jim Diamond (The White Stripes, Electric Six) from their upcoming full length album plus 4 additional songs that have earned The Pack A.D. a rabid following in Canada.

“High-dudgeon garage from two pissed-off gals trying to hold onto a shred of their humanity in 21st America.” – Pop Matters

“A fantastically gritty rock duo.” – NPR “All Songs Considered”

The Pack A.D. Some Sssongs EP Track Listing:

1. Battering Ram (new song)
    2. Sirens (from Unpersons)
    3. Haunt You (from Unpersons)
    4. Positronic (from We Kill Computers)
    5. Deer (from We Kill Computers)
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,860
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Do Not Engage is a great album. too bad they were opening for Our Lady Peace to tour behind it. Hopefully they do headlining small gigs on the upcoming tour for their new album. New single, So What, is up for streaming now.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Saw them a couple time a while back. Awesome live!
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    new album Positive Thinking out now. Billboard.com said it is one of the best of 2016 so far.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com