Options

Back in Canada from Italia

small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
edited October 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Grazie, Italia!!! :D

Well, D2D, buggered knees must be the cost of an Italian PJ tour because my left knee has been troubling me since Pistoia and I didn't even have all the tumbles that you did :p. I hope you are on the mend. Well I have been back home for a few days and it all seems terribly boring now. No PJ shows, no meet ups in piazzas, no great dinners along the coast of Italy.
I had an amazing time at the shows and touring around Italy. I have met so many amazing people. I finally got to meet the infamous Helen and she lives up to the hype!!! Truly a great girl!! :)

Danmac, Keithos and leash kept us well entertained with their antics and I am CERTAIN that Danmac is missing his Canuck friends terribly ;) Although, he must be in a bit of a lull as I thought I was going to come home to lots of PMs about moosehumping and how terribly polite us Canooks are.
I still can't quite believe it is all over now and all that I have seen and all the fun I have had... even singing O' Canada at Zak's :o with K and another guy from Canada holding the good old Maple Leaf up!! I can't even SING so I don't know what I thought I was doing but I do suspect it may have something to do with the vino rossi?? :confused: oh well a good time was had :)

To CrazyPJfan(Chad), it was great to meet you and Donna and I wish you all the best. :)

Thanks PJ, for FIVE amazing shows and for all the wonderful people I have met along the way of which there are too many to mention.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I agree, it's hard having withdrawals of PJ AND Italy AND PJ fans! It's a triple whammy. :D
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    hi beck! :)

and hey now....get yer facts straight. i only actually FELL once, but sure..i tripped a total of 4 times. :o and yikes, my knee was a MESS! it STILL is tender, hurts a bit....but at least is it's normal size again, and ost of the lovely discoloration, gone. my poor camera, that took the brunt of my first trip, luckily all the pictures survived...but yea, would cost $180 to repair :eek:...so unsure if it's even worth it. damn....

glad you you enjoyed the rest of your trip as i knew you would....and yea, how dull life is when you get back to reality. :p well, not really....but sure...it IS reality, and not pearl jam shows, and travel, and italy...and meeting new people...etc....etc......etc. *sighs*
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    How the fuck did I miss this thread? :o

I'm so glad that I got to meet you and the other one ;) and that I bothered getting off my arse to go to Verona :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    You sum it up well beck! Life at home seems terribly boring (no offense as I still get to hang out with you :) )Those UKers really cracked me up, LOL I am going to have to get out my marion keyes books to help with the withdrawal. Not quite the same without cranky dan and his bitterness ( I KNOW!).

D2D, I am glad you are healing! What did mr. Dream say about all of your bruises?

I miss everyone! Thanks PJ for all the memories!
  • Options
    You sum it up well beck! Life at home seems terribly boring (no offense as I still get to hang out with you :) )Those UKers really cracked me up, LOL I am going to have to get out my marion keyes books to help with the withdrawal. Not quite the same without cranky dan and his bitterness ( I KNOW!).

D2D, I am glad you are healing! What did mr. Dream say about all of your bruises?

I miss everyone! Thanks PJ for all the memories!

Hey K,

Yesterday I had a table in from the UK, made me miss all our friends from across the pond ;) Plus, they were a HOOT!!!

Charlottetown? Boring? Never. :rolleyes:

Helen,

I am not sure how the hell you missed this but at least you found it now. I am SO glad you came to Verona!! It would not have been the same without you :)
  • Options

Yesterday I had a table in from the UK,

LOL, if I didn't know what you did for a living I might think you were a nutjob who talks to furniture.....so have they let you back in IKEA yet? I love talking to my Swedish chair...she is so cool.
  • Options
    LOL, if I didn't know what you did for a living I might think you were a nutjob who talks to furniture.....so have they let you back in IKEA yet? I love talking to my Swedish chair...she is so cool.

LOL

You should see this lovely armoire that came in the other day... a real chatter box :p

You and IKEA!!! You are like a blood hound only instead you are an IKEA hound.

We go all the way to freakin' Italy and it is still your landmark if we get lost :)
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976

haha...yea, he was like....wtf? :p eh, he was just happy to have me home. :) my knee is still not 100%, bah....hopefully soon....and it feels/looks ok. all other bruises, gone. one of em was most tricky to explain. ;) HA.

GREAT times with you all! let's go do it again. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    You and IKEA!!! You are like a blood hound only instead you are an IKEA hound.

We go all the way to freakin' Italy and it is still your landmark if we get lost :)

Does this mean I'm not the only one who got to the venue in Bologna and said 'Ooh, they've got an Ikea...' (Then had to fight the urge in Pistoia not to buy the catalogue from the news stand ;) )
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • Options
    Does this mean I'm not the only one who got to the venue in Bologna and said 'Ooh, they've got an Ikea...' (Then had to fight the urge in Pistoia not to buy the catalogue from the news stand ;) )

dear god, it is like Girl on a Ledge has a twin in the UK. :p

Don't get me wrong, I like IKEA but that girl is an IKEA freak ;) I still love ya though, Girl on a Ledge!! :)
  • Options
    Hey K,

Yesterday I had a table in from the UK, made me miss all our friends from across the pond ;) Plus, they were a HOOT!!!

Charlottetown? Boring? Never. :rolleyes:

Helen,

I am not sure how the hell you missed this but at least you found it now. I am SO glad you came to Verona!! It would not have been the same without you :)
    And likewise :o can't wait til the tour next year - don't go ANYWHERE without me :) . It's rare to meet people like that who you get on with so well pretty much straight away - it was like we'd all known eachother for years :o . And I haven't got a fucking clue how I missed it either :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    And likewise :o can't wait til the tour next year - don't go ANYWHERE without me :) . It's rare to meet people like that who you get on with so well pretty much straight away - it was like we'd all known eachother for years :o . And I haven't got a fucking clue how I missed it either :o

Agreed!! Next year will be brilliant :)
  • Options
    Agreed!! Next year will be brilliant :)
    Yip, I'll be much better prepared :o fuck that only making it to ONE show next time :o . There will be NO drinking for me for the next few months :eek: ok, well maybe just a little bit.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Yip, I'll be much better prepared :o fuck that only making it to ONE show next time :o . There will be NO drinking for me for the next few months :eek: ok, well maybe just a little bit.

Yes one show was not a great showing for you, Helen. Some people might think flying to Italy for just one show makes you a bit of a fair weather fan :p

No drinking? :eek: well that seems a bit harsh maybe just no drinking on Mondays or something. :D

Just think with more plans what we can do next time???!!! We will have a blast. :):)
  • Options
    Yes one show was not a great showing for you, Helen. Some people might think flying to Italy for just one show makes you a bit of a fair weather fan :p

No drinking? :eek: well that seems a bit harsh maybe just no drinking on Mondays or something. :D

Just think with more plans what we can do next time???!!! We will have a blast. :):)
    :D Fair weather :D . No drinking on Mondays??? :eek: Like... the.. whole day??????? :o Hmmmm... I'm not sure I can do that.

Oh and we can copy the ETB except we'll go one better and get the USTH - US Tour Helicopter :) with our own pilot and all. Or I could get flying lessons between now and then and you can pay me in drink - although it may be cheaper to just pay me :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    :D Fair weather :D . No drinking on Mondays??? :eek: Like... the.. whole day??????? :o Hmmmm... I'm not sure I can do that.

Oh and we can copy the ETB except we'll go one better and get the USTH - US Tour Helicopter :) with our own pilot and all. Or I could get flying lessons between now and then and you can pay me in drink - although it may be cheaper to just pay me :o

How about every second Monday? ;)

I LOVE THAT!! The USTH!! Brilliant. We can just land on the roof of whatever hotel we are staying at and not bother with the little people. Well if we can get a hot pilot then I think we should go that route plus it might be cheaper than paying you in drinks :p Which reminds me the first round is on me for the USTH!!!
  • Options
    How about every second Monday? ;)

I LOVE THAT!! The USTH!! Brilliant. We can just land on the roof of whatever hotel we are staying at and not bother with the little people. Well if we can get a hot pilot then I think we should go that route plus it might be cheaper than paying you in drinks :p Which reminds me the first round is on me for the USTH!!!
    Lol, ok well second is on me :) . Ooooh, yep, hot pilot... actually he doesn't even really need to be a pilot. We could get a pilot and just get somebody hot to pretend he's co-pilot... he can show us how to use the seatbelts and get us refreshments and stuff like that... NAKED!!!!!!!!!!!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Lol, ok well second is on me :) . Ooooh, yep, hot pilot... actually he doesn't even really need to be a pilot. We could get a pilot and just get somebody hot to pretend he's co-pilot... he can show us how to use the seatbelts and get us refreshments and stuff like that... NAKED!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG I seriously just laughed out loud at that!! Thank goodness I had put my water down or I would be mopping up my keyboard. A hot naked guy serving us refreshments, I wonder what he would use as a stir stick for our drinks :eek:

I like your ideas, Helen. :D
  • Options

LOL ! The poor guy driving the van I was in at Bologna. We were trying to find the venue and I saw the sign and yelled 'LOOK IT'S IKEA'. Now if they had just taken me to the Ikea, we would have found the venue A LOT faster!

I nearly stopped to at least look at the catalogue...I thought it odd they sell it at the newstands? ahhh the closest one to me is 12 hours away :(
  • Options
    dear god, it is like Girl on a Ledge has a twin in the UK. :p

Don't get me wrong, I like IKEA but that girl is an IKEA freak ;) I still love ya though, Girl on a Ledge!! :)

I am NOT a freak. It is not wrong to walk into someone elses house and say 'OMG- you have the Leksvik TV stand too? '

I love my Ikea bed
  • Options

oh oh, I am SO liking this idea....ok, thirds on me and, ahem- I'll have mine stirred...not shaken ;)
  • Options
    oh oh, I am SO liking this idea....ok, thirds on me and, ahem- I'll have mine stirred...not shaken ;)

Cheeky tart :p
  • Options
    OMG I seriously just laughed out loud at that!! Thank goodness I had put my water down or I would be mopping up my keyboard. A hot naked guy serving us refreshments, I wonder what he would use as a stir stick for our drinks :eek:

I like your ideas, Helen. :D
    :D:D:D:D You dirty bitch!!!!!!!!!!! And K... equally dirty :p

Now I'm not so sure that ONE naked steward is gonna be enough :eek:

We're never gonna make the concerts, are we? :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    :D:D:D:D You dirty bitch!!!!!!!!!!! And K... equally dirty :p

Now I'm not so sure that ONE naked steward is gonna be enough :eek:

We're never gonna make the concerts, are we? :o
    You guys are too much fun! I can't wait to see you again! :D
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    You guys are too much fun! I can't wait to see you again! :D
    :D:D:D:D Are you gonna join the USTH then? ;)

No hubbie allowed though :o What happens on tour stays on tour and all that :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    :D:D:D:D Are you gonna join the USTH then? ;)

No hubbie allowed though :o What happens on tour stays on tour and all that :p
    Sorry - I missed the "USTH". What is that? I'd probably love to be in though! :D
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    Sorry - I missed the "USTH". What is that? I'd probably love to be in though! :D
    The US (since I'm hoping for a tour of the states next year :) ) Tour Helicopter :D . Thought it would beat the ETB this year :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    YAY!! Welcome aboard, Wolfbear!!! :D The USTH welcomes you! :D

I think you are right, Helen! One steward may not be enough. May not be enough for one of us, let alone ALL of us ;)

:o Dirty bitch? Who me? :p
  • Options
    YAY!! Welcome aboard, Wolfbear!!! :D The USTH welcomes you! :D

I think you are right, Helen! One steward may not be enough. May not be enough for one of us, let alone ALL of us ;)

:o Dirty bitch? Who me? :p
    Evidently :p

And the numbers are growing :)

Hmm... we may need a private jet after all :o

It's now the USTPJ (aaaaahhh... we got PJ in there :) )
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Perhaps, we could just take PJ on the jet with us? ;)