I have to vent!!

laurimae71laurimae71 Posts: 134
edited October 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I have to vent before I just go off on my family!!
Ok, A close family member had fallen and broke her hip!
She was scheduled for surgery Tuesday,so all day I was waiting to hear how it went,never heard a thing so I figured no news is good news right......WRONG Wednesday morning I get on Facebook and on my page is a post from my sister asking for Prayers for our Aunt Jan,there were complications during surgery and now she's in ICU!!WOW,REALLY,thats how I find out things didn't go so well,from Facebook!!! WTF do people not verbally communicate anymore,can they not pick up a phone?
I don't live in the same city as them so a simple phone call would've been appreciated!
What do you all think? Don't ya think it's pretty sad to find out information like that Via Fucking Facebook :x
I'm generally a Positive person but this really upset me :(
OK,I feel better now :)
It is what it is.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    That is pretty messed up!
    I've been in a similar position. Find out something so big from stupid Facebook....ugh!

You know, for as "connected" we are these days, it almost seems like more of a disconnect.
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    laurimae71 wrote:
    this really upset me :(

You moved through the 12 steps of anger remarkably fast.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I feel ya. My brother had surgery in august and I guess my mom found out about some complications from his wife's FB page. She ripped her a new one pretty good and I was pretty pissed about it.

I like screwing around on fb, but people have really lost touch with their real friends and family.
  • Snakeduck wrote:
    laurimae71 wrote:
    this really upset me :(

You moved through the 12 steps of anger remarkably fast.
    :lol: I told you I'm a pretty positive person :lol:
    It helped just writing this down,now I have to make some phone calls!
    It is what it is.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    My aunt died of breast cancer...it came back a third time and was attacking her lungs.

I found out thru a letter...it was written on cartoon cat stationary.

I hate my family.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    edited October 2012
    That's pretty weak of your family. I guess cell phones aren't used as phones any more.
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    A friend of mine found out his dad died from facebook :(

To play devil's advocate...not calling to see how it went, then getting mad that no one called you, seems a bit unfair to your family.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Facebook is pointless...but more and more people use it to communicate...so it should not surprise when important information get posted.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • sorry for this..the pro with relatives is that u cant choose them,like your friends,your partner etc..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

• To play devil's advocate...not calling to see how it went, then getting mad that no one called you, seems a bit unfair to your family.

I totally agree with you,the phone does go both ways!
    It is what it is.
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    My aunt died of breast cancer...it came back a third time and was attacking her lungs.

I hate my family.

OMG,that's horrible!
    I'm sorry :(
    It is what it is.
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,987
    Vent away!

Another reason I don't want anything to do with FB... But what will I miss... Others in my extended family use it to communicate, but I don't even have an account.

And yes RCKNDy, that is fucked up!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    laurimae71 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

I hate my family.

OMG,that's horrible!
    I'm sorry :(

thanks...but they never liked me anyway (well, the aunt that died liked me), so the feelings are mutual :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    A friend of mine found out his dad died from facebook :(

Now that's fucked.
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    Urgh I hate Facebook. Someone posted that my best mate from high school had hanged himself. That's how I found out. Was beside myself for a long time, he'd moved interstate and I guess those people thought it was a fantastic way of letting everyone know. :x
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    I had a friend of mine post her aunt's passing on FB. Then other idiot friends of mine "liking" it.

Yes, it is a piss-poor excuse for communication.
  • Loulou wrote:
    Urgh I hate Facebook. Someone posted that my best mate from high school had hanged himself. That's how I found out. Was beside myself for a long time, he'd moved interstate and I guess those people thought it was a fantastic way of letting everyone know. :x

I'm beginning to HATE Facebook myself :x
    The 10c Forum is more fun for me anyways ;)
    It is what it is.
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I'm sorry about what happened to you - :(

I hate facebook, somehow most ppl have lost all common sense. I cannot believe what gets posted on it.
    I canceled my fb acct. - thank goodness !!!!
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • That is messed up.

I really don't get why people feel the need to share extremely personal stuff like that on FB. It's so weird. I'm alway seeing updates from people on their family members who are sick or dying. I think the people who really care will find out and things like that don't need to be posted on FB.