Options

Crazy Lolla idea

small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
edited August 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
My friend just called me twice to see if I can call in sick tomorrow so we can drive :eek: ... the crazy part is that I am thinking about it but it is a 25 hr drive... FUCK!!

We were planning a road trip but that is just insane, no??? anyone. It is too crazy right???
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kinetickinetic Posts: 148
    25 hours each way????
    When you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
  • Options
    Yep!!
  • Options
    Well, that's pretty effin' long. Sounds like your instincts are saying no.
  • Options
    crazily I am thinking yes!!! wow.. I don't know
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    We were planning a road trip but that is just insane, no??? anyone. It is too crazy right???

Nah.... good fun! As long as you share the driving! :D
  • Options
    GO. It's a better story.
  • Options
    crazily I am thinking yes!!! wow.. I don't know

Don't do it, it's not worth it. Thousands of dollars in gas...

It's really not worth it. It's a festival show.... I wouldn't even have done this for the vic. You sure you can't get flights from like Southwest or something for cheaper?
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    25 hrs aint that bad, and plus you'll have company...if it makes you feel any better I decided to greyhound it at the last minute. 138 bucks...a day and a half.. :eek: fuck it... i get away from life for a bit, hang with my peeps from here, get to see chicago for the 1st time and get to see pj one last time b4 who knows....
    just do it
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    Possible car trouble... 50 hours in a car...

Is it really worth it financially. Really?
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    You better fu%^ing pm me if you do it! I will give you my number so we can hook up.
    I am not going to give advice because I am not in the right mind. My mind is already there. :)
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    Possible car trouble... 50 hours in a car...

Is it really worth it financially. Really?
    those are the reasons why I chose not to drive, lol, gas, not so worried about car probs, but financially its costing me under 200 dollars just for transpo and lolla ticket. And another 200 for hotel, food, etc. not bad..its just a lil more time consuming on greyhound but I figure the gorge set, a few blunts on the rest stops and some sleep should hold me down ok. ;)
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    How much would it really cost (approx) for gas? A road trip is a road trip... It's easy to drive on American roads, car is comfy, air conditioning, music, your space... :D Love road trips.. as one said.. a better story! :D
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone!

I mean we are doing a road trip regardless so sure there are always the odds of possible car trouble anyway. But man it just seems so long and we have no place to stay. We would have to leave right after the show to get back to PEI in time. I work at noon on Tuesday. If the third friend bails we likely couldn't do it because two drivers wouldn't do much???

I have butterflies.. plus the whole calling in sick thing when I am not :o

but goddmann it how much fun would it be????? :D
  • Options
    Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
    I have butterflies.. plus the whole calling in sick thing when I am not :o

That's the best time to call in sick. If you call in when you actually are sick, then you feel bad and can't do anything awesome. :D
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    My friend just called me twice to see if I can call in sick tomorrow so we can drive :eek: ... the crazy part is that I am thinking about it but it is a 25 hr drive... FUCK!!

fuck it man, i say go. it wasnt 25 hours but i once up and went to nyc for a meetup on a whim. just sounded like fun, so i went. it was about 10-11 hours and i drove it alone. you guys can manage. but then, im a rock behind the wheel...
  • Options
    cat72cat72 Oxford, MA Posts: 2,992
    do it
  • Options
    crittablescrittables Posts: 342
    i'm thinking you should be able to find a flight that's cheaper than what your gas would be. plus it would be worth it even if it was more, not to have to drive 25 hours. but that is me. i love roadtrips so if you're up for a 25 hour drive then do it! it is pearl jam after all:)
  • Options
    Damn, common sense has prevailed :( It looks like a no. I am still hoping that something would turn around and we can go but our third friend is a for sure no so just the two of us... that would be crazy but man, I just don't want to regret. The cheapest flight we can find is $700 and we still have to drive three hours to get to that airport. We could fly from Maine for $400 but we still need to drive at least six hours to get there plus hotel. Sorry... I pretty much knew an hour ago it wasn't going to happen but I still have that nagging voice inside saying "GO"