With our hearts, we're saying, "No more!"
With our lives, we're saying, "No more war!"

thanks pjfan31... fixed the lyrics....
~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,218
    I heard that song twice live, and wouldnt be upset if I never heard it again. My 2 cents.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    on sunday before the show in LA a bunch of us went down to Santa Monica Pier to see the ocean. As we were walking down the pier, we saw a sea of red and white crosses. where i live, we often see these things on church lawns in protest of abortion, so i didnt think much of it
    until we got closer and realized what we were walking into
    it was a demonstration by a group of veterans against the war.
    they had death tolls of US soldiers and Iraqi soldiers and civilians, including children. each cross represented one life lost and there were thousands upon thousands of crosses.
    they also had promo cards and posters for "body of war" displayed and various other posters in protest

i walked through the sea of crosses saying NO MORE inside my head.
    NO MORE,
    PLEASE NO MORE WAR
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    luvistower wrote:
    on sunday before the show in LA a bunch of us went down to Santa Monica Pier to see the ocean. As we were walking down the pier, we saw a sea of red and white crosses. where i live, we often see these things on church lawns in protest of abortion, so i didnt think much of it
    until we got closer and realized what we were walking into
    it was a demonstration by a group of veterans against the war.
    they had death tolls of US soldiers and Iraqi soldiers and civilians, including children. each cross represented one life lost and there were thousands upon thousands of crosses.

they also had promo cards and posters for "body of war" displayed and various other posters in protest

i walked through the sea of crosses saying NO MORE inside my head.
    NO MORE,
    PLEASE NO MORE WAR

Sometimes, I read the paper watch the stupid TV and think, what is wrong with this country? Can we, American citizens that is, not see the downward spiral we are in with Iraq and Afghanistan? How come we are not screaming? Where are we? How come we are not doing anything?

NO WAR !!!!
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,218
    PJ_Lukin wrote:
    Sometimes, I read the paper watch the stupid TV and think, what is wrong with this country? Can we, American citizens that is, not see the downward spiral we are in with Iraq and Afghanistan? How come we are not screaming? Where are we? How come we are not doing anything?

NO WAR !!!!

Are you calling me stupid? How come we are not doing anything? You will have a chance to do something in November? Vote. If you dont like the direction the country is going, we have the oppurtunity to elect someone that shares our views.

While I dont like war, I think the war is unfortunately neccessary. Let us be thankful that our technology and medicine has advanced to the point where we could limit the amount of casualties arent astronomical. yes 4000 soldiers have died but had this war taken place 20-30 years ago those numbers would be much higher.

and arent these posts supposed to be in the moving train?

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,555
    I really liked seeing this song be played teh two solo shows I went to. I find myself singing it in my head.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    Surf RiderSurf Rider Posts: 813
    edited March 2009
    No More is powerful.
    Post edited by Surf Rider on
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    weak
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    i nearly lost my voice singing this 3 times

NO MORE!!!
  • Options
    Jesika537Jesika537 Posts: 301
    4Powers20 wrote:
    I heard that song twice live, and wouldnt be upset if I never heard it again. My 2 cents.

Same here...
    Detroit '98 - Detroit '03 - Toledo '04 - Grand Rapids '04 - Kitchener '05 - London '05 - Grand Rapids '06 - Cleveland '06 - Detroit '06 - Chicago '07 - West Palm Beach - Tampa '08 - Toronto '09 - Indy '10 - Buffalo '10 - Toronto '11 - London '13
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    wasn't a big fan of this song going in ... but have to admit it was a cool moment to experience live.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    I just got out of seeing "Body Of War" and am listening to it again. Absolutely love the song and the movie should be seen by those who are sick of hearing about the war
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I love that song, but at some point soesnt he say "behind the whte house gate"?????????????
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    ashtrayrockashtrayrock Posts: 167
    This song is best for small places/atmospheres.

I can't see it ever happening in a 15K seat arena.

Cool song though.

Movie was haunting.
    For Those About To Rock !

Art changes people. People change the world.
  • Options
    I saw it in a bigger venue, Munich, and it was one of the most moving songs I have heard played live. Ever. We were in the front row and it was an incredible moment. I guess I can understand that it might not be for everyone, but I think it would be very hard not to feel something very strong during this song. Ed came out and just wailed. I would be extremely happy to hear it on this tour in larger arenas or wherever.
    Hershey 7-12-03,Reading 10-1-04,Kitchener 9-11-05,
    Philly 10-3-05,Hartford 5-13-06,Philly 5-27-06,Philly 5-28-06
    E. Ruth. 6-1-06,E. Ruth. 6-3-06,Munich 6-12-07,
    Katowice 6-13-07,Venice 6-15-07,London 6-18-07,Tampa 6-12-08
    Philly 6-19-08,Philly 6-20-08,D.C 6-22-08,Philly 1 10-27-09
    Philly 2 10-28-09,Philly 3 10-30-09,Philly 4 10-31-09,D.C. 5-13-10
    Hartford 5-15-10 EV:N.J. 8-7-08,D.C. 8-17-08,Baltimore 6-14-09
  • Options
    velogatorvelogator Posts: 174
    4Powers20 wrote:
    Are you calling me stupid? How come we are not doing anything? You will have a chance to do something in November? Vote. If you dont like the direction the country is going, we have the oppurtunity to elect someone that shares our views.

While I dont like war, I think the war is unfortunately neccessary. Let us be thankful that our technology and medicine has advanced to the point where we could limit the amount of casualties arent astronomical. yes 4000 soldiers have died but had this war taken place 20-30 years ago those numbers would be much higher.

and arent these posts supposed to be in the moving train?

4000 US soldiers, that is tragic, 50-60 THOUSAND innocent Iraqis, that is criminal! Anybody asked them if they wanted this! This "war" isn't necessary anymore then Viet Nam was necessary. I love this country, grew up in a military family, but we are SO arrogent as a Nation. I doubt that you can truly look at yourself in the mirror and believe that the U.S. is any safer because we attacked Iraq.
    Manchester, TN - 2008
    Washington, D.C. - 2008
    Philadelphia, PA I - 2009
    Bristow, VA - 2010
    Baltimore, MD - 2013
    Milwaukee, WI - 2014
    Hampton, VA - 2016
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    great song. go ed.
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    This song is best for small places/atmospheres.

I can't see it ever happening in a 15K seat arena.
    Maybe it's just the awesomeness of European crowds compared to North American ones, but Goeffert Park would've had at least 30k and that version was AWESOME.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    spearheadspearhead Posts: 600
    I hope they play this song at EVERY future Pearl Jam show.
    It's a great song, very moving.
    I will never understand people who say negative things like I've read here about this song...I mean, what, it's too slow for you? Maybe you just don't like the political sentiment, or maybe you are for more war, you know, the necessary kind, the kind of wars that HAVE to be fought because your life is being threatened...or maybe you're just following the wrong band.
    Isn't Ted Nugent touring? I bet you won't hear it at one of his shows...
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • Options
    ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,025
    that song is intense...haven't seen it live yet, but the video is extremely moving. I'm actually going to show it in my UMD and Towson classes during my nationalism lecture. It's funny how the rich few have been able to pit the middle and lower classes against one another by saying war protesters are against soldiers when, as this video indicates, we have a whole lot more in common than those mf's making hay off this stupid war.