Don't go on me now

Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234
edited October 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
So Sorry to post this here , I just need to get this out of my head . I can't describe how I feel other than like I've been hit by a truck.

Its bad, really bad. Arrived this morning, Basically sitting next to my dearest friend on what is essentially a suicide watch. bit overwhelmed. no one else to talk to, just sitting here watching her sleep. wtf am I going to do. this all happened so fast. feeling totally lost. My friends are the most important thing in my world & I have no idea how to handle this other than to be there when she wakes up. & then what do i do. This girl saved my life. I owe her everything, but we can't seem to reach her. I feel completey useless & i can't stop crying. Ive taken the next two weeks off to be there for her and her husband. Not going to lie, I' m really worried. Keep us in your thoughts. I use lyrics to pull me through life. today is one of those days. If you have anything you feel will give me strength, please share. I'm all out. clinging to these lyrics today. it's the only thing keeping me strong.

You helped me when I was down,... I'll help when you're down
Why are you hitting yourself,... c'mon hit me instead

Let's pick up your will,... it's grown fat and lazy
I'm sympathetic as well,... don't go on me now

And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfist and clear
And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
My best friend
,... wake up to see you could have it all

Cause there is but you, and something within you
It's taken control,.. let's beat it, get up let's go

Oh you're in your own world, let's see the whole world
Let's pick up your soul

Help me help yourself, please want me to, please let me to

Help you
Sometimes I speak of nothing at all.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thanks for sharing..be stronge....and...dont foget..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba0zZ8-mnvQ
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Get her professional help.
    If she wont seek counseling, then it is up to you and her loved ones, to get professional help.

Im sorry but I am going to be honest here.

Watching her sleep, and singing Pearl Jam is not the answer.
    Im thinking you can do better than that.

Get some help, before it is too late.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Speedy is right. This is more than friends and family can do on their own.
    With help, she really can get better.
    I don't know how the mental health system works there but I would get her in to see someone immediately.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234
    :) Thats all in hand sir, .we have an appointment first thing in the morning and another on tuesday, Its just trying to make it through the day/night untill then.

'
    thanks for sharing..be stronge....and...dont foget..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba0zZ8-mnvQ

You know, thats all I needed. I'm in tears but the good kind. This is it, theres never been a reason to fight harder for anything in my life. Your amazing. BIG LOVE!
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    I'm glad to hear that.

Hang on, things will get better.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Meg8686 wrote:
    :) Thats all in hand sir, .we have an appointment first thing in the morning and another on tuesday, Its just trying to make it through the day/night untill then.
    I'm so sorry Meg :( There is nothing scarier or more heartbreaking to know that someone you care about is in this place. Suicide is a place people go to when their hope is depleted and they can't see any other way out. Death becomes the escape from something when they can't see any other way out. I'm glad you've already arranged for some professional help. She will need some help in lifting the layers of whatever it is that got her to this place so that she can begin to hope again. She's got such a great friend in you. It might not be an easy road, it might be a long one, but it's gonna be OK. I've seen many, many people lift out from this place and become stronger for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-6xV0uAVpk
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234
    We've Just confirmed a cottage by the seaside for us all, get some headspace after all the appointments. We've contacted family but none of them came, hence me arrrivng today. her husband is home now so he's sitting with her, so tired... when i figure out how to delete threads i will. I just needed a bit of a thought purge, right now though wer'e doing okay . Thanks to everyone for making sure we're doing everything we should. Doctors is a huge one. we're hopeful , but not expecting miracles just yet.
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    I hope things are going better for your friend, and that you are taking care of yourself as well.
    ELITIST FUK
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    One of the best quotes I ever read was believe it or not, by Marilyn Manson. When asked what he would have said to the columbine killers if he could've talked to them? He said I would've said NOTHING, instead he would've LISTENED. Sometimes it's better to listen then preach. Believe it or not, it could be as simple as that. I've gone through something very similar to this with someone REAL close and dear to me. It sux and when it gets to this point, down right scary. Stay strong, LISTEN, and try to make that friend smile as much as possible. Never let her think she's alone and that nobody's listening. And hang in there!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :( hang in there Meg.

best wishs headed your way for you and your friend
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    {{{HUGS}}} to you Meg.

Wishing the best for you, your dear friend and her family.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Just wanted to say that you are a wonderful friend for doing what you are doing. Sending all my best to you and your friend.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • samjam wrote:
    Just wanted to say that you are a wonderful friend for doing what you are doing. Sending all my best to you and your friend.
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    you're a great friend. i sincerely hope everything gets better soon.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Any positive updates?
  • for sure one of the best threads!!great idea..love the fotos
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    there was a cbc radio program on the Courtnall family (hockey players) a couple of weekends ago ... also, there has been a huge media blitz recently on mental illness ...

i think the most important thing is to recognize that she needs help ... it's a terrible illness and hopefully, she gets the right kind of help and can get out of it ... she is lucky to have you ...
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Just checking in. I hope your friend and you are okay.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Meg,you doing great girl!!