SOMETHING Is Wrong With The World When.....

g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
edited October 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
.....My 16 year old daughter bought this new IPHONE I10S or whatever it's called and I STILL have the orginal Iphone of some 4 years now.

iphone-iphone-3g-back-comparison.jpg

It's gets worse...she wanted to pay $400 PLUS all the new attachments that comes with the new Iphone of course with her own money. I told her if you buy it for that much I'll throw it in the lake....she bought with a new arrangement for $200 with her money. This all came about because she cracked the screen of the #3s Iphone. I'm not up on all the differnet versions of this phone.

Kids and technologies and of course the other two kids have to get new Iphones too with their monies. Geez

peace
*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
.....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Hey if it keeps them quiet ;)
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    Bro i'm in the same boat as you with my 15yr old girl and i still have the same old phone i've had for the past 7yrs :oops: ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • g under p wrote:
    .....My 16 year old daughter bought this new IPHONE I10S or whatever it's called and I STILL have the orginal Iphone of some 4 years now.

It's gets worse...she wanted to pay $400 PLUS all the new attachments that comes with the new Iphone of course with her own money. I told her if you buy it for that much I'll throw it in the lake....she bought with a new arrangement for $200 with her money. This all came about because she cracked the screen of the #3s Iphone. I'm not up on all the differnet versions of this phone.

Kids and technologies and of course the other two kids have to get new Iphones too with their monies. Geez

peace

Her own money, whats the problem here? That's how she will learn to be happy with what she already has, spend her own money. Apple is doing nothing different here, they are upgrading a product. If she worked for the money, or however she got it, its HERS to spend how she wants.......
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    It's keeping up with other kids, that's what is wrong with the world.
    Status not need, imitating adults.

My kids in their mid 20's still have peers doing this, so important to be one up
    with the latest whatever. Going in hock to do it.

But can we imagine being the kid that can't afford any of it?
    Anytime... that would hurt.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    g under p wrote:

peace

Her own money, whats the problem here? That's how she will learn to be happy with what she already has, spend her own money. Apple is doing nothing different here, they are upgrading a product. If she worked for the money, or however she got it, its HERS to spend how she wants.......

Even though she didn't work for it, it is her money but there was no way in hell I was going to let her spend $400 on a fricking phone. I'll allow $200 she has to have some sense of where her money goes because i don't care what anybody says a fricking phone ain't that important in the scheme of life.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Back in the day my way of keeping up with friends or just for my own excitement was have a new pair of Chuck Taylor Converse Allstars. Then stepped up from the canvas version to the green suede and I was the boss with swag in 1974. The Celtics worn the same shoe. :D

Peace

I can't remember ever wanting to keep up with anyone but I also
    had what I needed. Am transistor radio to take my tunes for a walk...
    a beat up 60's Sport Fury ...
    come to think of it we didn't want a whole lot

I did like the hot pants craze though ....

and some purple barrels on occasion ;)
    pandora wrote:

OK, clarification.....what the hell are purple barrels?

Peace

g under p wrote:
    pandora wrote:

Peace
    ah but you do remember hot pants... most guys do ;)

PB worth a google
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    pandora wrote:

Peace

PB worth a google[/quote]

Nice! :mrgreen:
  • shepshep Posts: 5,763
    wait a second...

175px-Blackberry-Bold-9650-Verizon.jpg

This isn't the most up-to-date piece of technology anymore?

am i stuck in the past?

:lol:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    I think they're making them shittier, too.
    I think they're making them shittier, too.

I would tend to agree....I mean are they truly worth the price or are other smart phones just as good?

Peace

pandora wrote:

pandora wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

PB worth a google

No need to google I gather now it's a piece of sexy woman's garment. I do remember hot pants and the boots that went with them.

Peace