Jon Tester rocks with Pearl Jam in Montana

demetriosdemetrios Posts: 90,990
edited September 2012 in The Porch
http://963theblaze.com/senator-jon-test ... interview/

Senator Jon Tester and Pearl Jam’s Jeff Ament On The Blaze [INTERVIEW]
By: KC

Jeff-Ament1.jpg

Counting down the days until Pearl Jam takes the stage at the Adams Center. Montana boy, Jeff Ament of Pearl Jam, thinks of this show as a homecoming. Teaming up with fellow Big Sandy brother, Senator Jon Tester, the two called in to fill us in on a chance for you to score some Pearl Jam tickets for the SOLD OUT show.

Jon used to teach music at the grade school that Jeff attended in Big Sandy, MT. It is rumored that Jon taught Jeff how to play music, but in the interview I asked Jon about the rumor to discover that it is false.

Jeff is holding a rally for the Tester campaign on Sunday (9/30) at the Oval on the University of Montana at 1 PM. Jeff says “We will be having a down home raffle for Pearl Jam tickets. Just going to throw some names in a hat and draw.” If you don’t have tickets to Pearl Jam, this could be your last chance to snag a pair.

I also was interested to see if Jon’s campaign has ever heard of Ojai Valley Taxidermy’s youtube video.Featuring a man by the name of Chuck Testa. I figured with the web being the number one source for reaching potential voters, Jon could benefit from teaming up with this “internet sensation” for a campaign ad. Jon laughed and said he was interested in the idea.

Check out the video I’m talking about and also hear the full interview with Jon and Jeff.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... JP1DphOWPs

Click the page to hear the radio interview
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 90,990
    Right now, well few moments ago, in Montana.
    Liz shot! :)

N4kn0.jpg?1
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,904
    demetrios wrote:
    Right now, well few moments ago, in Montana.
    Liz shot! :)

N4kn0.jpg?1

Tester seems like a good dude but he kinda reminds me of Biff from Back to the Future.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 90,990
    http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/81841.html

120930_tester_ament_ap.jpg

Jon Tester rocks with Pearl Jam in Montana

Jon Tester (right) is pictured with Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament in 2005. | AP Photo
    By MANU RAJU | 9/30/12 7:41 PM EDT

MISSOULA, Mont. — Sen. Jon Tester’s flat-top haircut is probably the last thing you’d think gives the 56-year-old wheat farmer a connection to the iconic grunge band Pearl Jam.

But the barber who gave Tester his first buzz cut wasn’t just the mayor of the small town in which the first-term senator grew up — he also is the father of the band’s bassist, Jeff Ament.

The Democrat now is cashing in on his 37-year friendship with Ament. The two headlined a raucous rally here Sunday of some 500 cheering Pearl Jam fans and Tester supporters on the University of Montana campus, followed by a fundraiser with the rockers and wrapping up with a special treat for the band’s legion of fans: Its lone U.S. concert this year not affiliated with a music festival.

“It’s an important election for a lot of reasons,” Tester said to ebullient supporters gathering near the Grizzly Statue in the heart of campus on a warm fall afternoon.

“Women being able to make their own health-care decisions; standing here on the campus of the University of Montana in Missoula, things like Pell Grants are pretty important, don’t you think? And the fact that we need to keep those interests on those loans down is very, very important, absolutely.”

Tester ended his riff with an attack on the Patriot Act, saying, “Being Montanans and being the way we are, we think liberty is pretty important too.”

For Tester to replicate his narrowly won victory over incumbent GOP Sen. Conrad Burns six years ago, a big turnout among college students here in this town will be crucial. The first-term senator is locked in a neck-and-neck reelection battle with GOP Rep. Denny Rehberg in a race that could determine control of the Senate.

The idea of the Pearl Jam appearance, officials say, is to generate enthusiasm and register this younger bloc of voters who tend to lean Democratic but don’t always show up at the polls. And the band’s show certainly brought out fans from all over: The Adams Center, the campus venue that typically holds some 5,800 fans for concerts, sold out in about 15 minutes for Pearl Jam’s final scheduled performance of the year Sunday night.

“I can’t tell you how important it is to vote,” Ament said, referring to Tester’s razor-thin 2006 win. “I think that particular campaign really made me realize how empowering it is to vote and what a difference one person can make.”