Options

**LA 7/9 Setlist**

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    jomo297 wrote:
    I just got back from the show and hearing Crown of Thorns was like a religious experience. They can play it every show as far as I'm concerned.

Yea I bet people said that about Even Flow in the nineties. Now it is a 'piss break' song for most those people. Say what you will about how I am wrong but when a song is played every night it loses its magic. Just ask those people who have gone to many shows!
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • Options
    The LA crowd really surprised me tonight........they opened with Release, I almost shit my pants.
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=2848604&posted=1#post2848604

The First Casualties Of WorldWideSuicide.....Viva La Pearl Jam!
  • Options
    jomo297jomo297 Posts: 41
    Yea I bet people said that about Even Flow in the nineties. Now it is a 'piss break' song for most those people. Say what you will about how I am wrong but when a song is played every night it loses its magic. Just ask those people who have gone to many shows!

That may be true but I don't get to go to shows every night so I stick by my "religious experience" description of tonight. And if they play it tomorrow night, I"m sure I'll love it then too.
    "The sunshine bores the daylights out of me."---RS
  • Options
    armyreservearmyreserve Posts: 209
    jomo297 wrote:
    That may be true but I don't get to go to shows every night so I stick by my "religious experience" description of tonight. And if they play it tomorrow night, I"m sure I'll love it then too.
    I'm with you, jomo297!
    10/06/91 Hollywood, CA; 05/13/92 Hollywood, CA; 09/02/93 Hollywood, CA; 11/05/93 Indio, CA; 11/07/95 San Diego, CA; 03/29/98 (Dead Man Walking - The Concert) Los Angeles, CA; 07/13/98 Inglewood, CA; 10/24/00 Los Angeles, CA; 10/28/00 Devore, CA;07/09/06 Los Angeles, CA; 07/10/06 Los Angeles, CA; 09/30/09 Universal City, CA; 10/01/09 Universal City, CA
  • Options
    I am with you guys too! I am just saying! And I don't go to shows every night either! I have been to 3 in my entire life and they were this year! I mean Even Flow is a religious experience to me! But I still stick to the big picture.
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • Options
    oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    been home (actually my brother's home) about 20 minutes. kicked off my shoes and poured a gin and tonic. life is good after seeing PJ live. the show was ROCKIN!!!

gonna get some more tomorrow!

..only downer was the heavy set chick getting dragged out by security. she did not go easy. i hope she's ok.
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    NewJPage wrote:
    i think they may have played a few too many shows with tom petty, and his non changing of sets has rubbed off on them...this is way too close to last night for my liking...of course, if i was at the show, i'd be rocking my fucking ass off!

yes, I agree. With the exception of a few different songs every city, it's pretty much becoming all the same. Highly unusual for our band! On this tour, it's like they have the songs they pretty much want to play EVERY night, and then throw in a handful of different ones. Hmmm???
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,796
    yes, I agree. With the exception of a few different songs every city, it's pretty much becoming all the same. Highly unusual for our band! On this tour, it's like they have the songs they pretty much want to play EVERY night, and then throw in a handful of different ones. Hmmm???
    did they really repeat 18 songs from san diego??

18 FUCKING REPEATS FROM THE SHOW BEFORE?????
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    did they really repeat 18 songs from san diego??

18 FUCKING REPEATS FROM THE SHOW BEFORE?????

Repeated from San Diego:

1. Severed Hand
    2. Corduroy
    3. Gone
    4. Even Flow
    5. Unemployable
    6. Betterman
    7. Not For You
    8. Inside Job
    9. Life Wasted
    10.RVM
    11.Small Town
    12.Come Back
    13.Crown Of Thorns
    14.Alive
    15.Last Kiss
    16.Comatose
    17.Big Wave
    18.Yellow Ledbetter

Yes Sir, that would be correct. YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,254
    Repeated from San Diego:

1. Severed Hand
    2. Corduroy
    3. Gone
    4. Even Flow
    5. Unemployable
    6. Betterman
    7. Not For You
    8. Inside Job
    9. Life Wasted
    10.RVM
    11.Small Town
    12.Come Back
    13.Crown Of Thorns
    14.Alive
    15.Last Kiss
    16.Comatose
    17.Big Wave
    18.Yellow Ledbetter

Yes Sir, that would be correct. YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They can go ahead and repeat them all again when I'm there tonight!!
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Foxy Mop wrote:

i love that poster
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    had a feeling LA or SD would get the first Big Wave

all4
  • Options
    According to Ed this was the first time they have ever played Crown of Thorns in L.A. He dedicated to AW saying how much He would have loved playing the Forum. Definitely a special experience for Me.
    Can't wait for tonight!
  • Options
    I doubt there going to be playing Crown Of Thorns tonight strongly, Why would they? 3 Nights in a row is quite doubtful.
    06/29/98
    06/18/03
    05/17/06
    07/03/06
    8/21/08 - Ed Solo
    08/23/09
  • Options
    gmcabralgmcabral Posts: 50
    They can go ahead and repeat them all again when I'm there tonight!!

LOL.. awesome.. spoken like a true fan. my buddy went to SD and i was in LA with him last night and he didn't even notice. he was pleased with the other non repeats so it's all good.