my 20K post

mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
edited September 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
i was going to do something goofy or be a smartass, but i'm a sentimental guy at heart. so...bear with me for a second.

i started posting here shortly after some life altering events happened. when my Dad passed, i leaned on the music of Pearl Jam more than ever. Release, Light Years & Man of the Hour were on constant repeat. i had always been a big fan, but something changed. the music meant more to me than it ever had before.

as i started to heal, i started to change my life. i went back to school after a long break to pursue a career as a traveling musician. i moved back to Houston...and my second semester back after that long break, i met my wife. everything happens for a reason they say...i never thought that i would ever move back to Texas. i am so glad that i did. love you, Laurel.

i started posting here a bit more & started to feel like i was a very small part of this community. as time went on, many of you became my friends.

i actually met one of my best friends & bandmate here on these boards. Chris & I lived in 2 different states, but started writing music together. now, we're about to release our 3rd album in 3 years. wow. we've been through a lot, but we're still having an absolute blast. we were asked to play the PJ20 pre-party....what an honor & what a blur. to have the chance to meet so many of you in person after all the years of love & support was truly the highlight of the weekend.

to the Texas folks that i got to know really well....we miss you guys & look forward to seeing you sometime soon. Robley....the deck is all yours, buddy. just don't throw up on the garden below.

i'm proud to still be a small part of this community. i always try to help when i can & the help that i've received has been amazing. as cheesy as it sounds, we do look out for one another. we try to help...we try to do the right thing...we try to treat each other with respect. that's a great thing to be a part of.

i tend to be long winded at times, but i'm going to stop there. i'm just happy to be here. i warned you...i'm a sentimental fool. :lol:

cheers to all of you,
Matt

:corn: (for Speedy)
I LOVE MUSIC.
www.cluthelee.com
www.cluthe.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    :clap::clap: :thumbup:
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    :thumbup: :clap:
  • :clap::clap::clap:
    well said Matt! And congrats on the win :P
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:8-)
    Sometimes I speak of nothing at all.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Beautiful! You're a class act, I hope to get to meet you one day!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    i'm a loser!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,679
    :clap::clap::clap:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    RKCNDY wrote:
    i'm a loser!

not at all, Lisa.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    i'm a loser!

not at all, Lisa.

well...maybe a little bit :P :lol::lol:
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    RKCNDY wrote:
    i'm a loser!

Pretty much. Second place is the first loser.
    norm wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    i'm a loser!

not at all, Lisa.

well...maybe a little bit :P :lol::lol:

see?!?!!?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    drinks are on me at the Gorge, Lisa. :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • that was Excellent..... :thumbup: :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thank you Matt for being you..

honor to met you and have you as my friend..

Love as much as you can

your friend

Dimitris..

p.s. are u up?? :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

p.s. are u up?? :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

cheers, my friend!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    i'm a loser!
    not in my heart Sweety...

Claudia
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    RKCNDY wrote:
    i'm a loser!

Claudia

hey now! :shock: :-P
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    You seem like good people... for a (former) Texan. :D Hell, I'm meeting board members for the first time this weekend... and that's after hanging around this board for like 13 years or so. I'm a little freaked out!
    Snakeduck wrote:
    You seem like good people... for a (former) Texan. :D Hell, I'm meeting board members for the first time this weekend... and that's after hanging around this board for like 13 years or so. I'm a little freaked out!

you'll have a blast, man. i'd only met a handful of board members at ACL...so PJ20 was a little overwhelming. but everyone was really nice. have a great time in MT!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    i'm a loser!

Claudia

hey now! :shock: :-P
    that bitch is crazy for Lisa..

Celeste
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    8-)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Snakeduck wrote:

I'll take care of ya Snake...

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Snakeduck wrote:

if you can't have a good time with us, you don't know how to have a good time
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • :-D :clap::clap: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Well said Matt!!

Cheers to you!
    Barger
    Seen the Best Rock Band on the Planet a few times here and there.
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

I'll take care of ya Snake...

It's the rest of you I'm worried about... :twisted:
    Snakeduck wrote:

i've met a few of these people...they're fucking nuts and you should stay far away
  • norm wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

i've met a few of these people...they're fucking nuts and you should stay far away
    :P
    norm wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

:lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    norm wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

norm doesn't know me!

- Christopher McCandless
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

you'll have a blast, man. i'd only met a handful of board members at ACL...so PJ20 was a little overwhelming. but everyone was really nice. have a great time in MT!!!
    Hey Matt, well done on the 20K post. Sorry I didn't meet you that weekend at ACL (and the other years we were both there!). You seem like a great guy and you add a lot to this board. :D
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    norm wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

norm doesn't know me!
    :P :(