Options

Red Light Traffic Cameras

Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
edited November 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Are the devil. :fp:
2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    hmmm..my mind....ok..forget it 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

:lol:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

you crack me up, man! :lol::lol::lol:

Dan---where'd you get a ticket? they sent us 2 tickets while we were in Dallas. those cameras are everywhere!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    oh...traffic lights.. :fp: :lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:

man..i swear..wasnt at the original post.. :roll:

shit...ok..i admit it,i have a dirty mind. :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:

Dan---where'd you get a ticket? they sent us 2 tickets while we were in Dallas. those cameras are everywhere!

Got one off beltline and 75 in Richardson and another one somewhere in Plano. Looking at one of the videos, the light turned red as I was in the intersection....it also looks like the lights don't stay yellow for as long as they do at other intersections. In the other video it shows me trying to slow down but I didn't believe I could safely stop in time ;) to I kept going. It's a conspiracy!
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

Got one off beltline and 75 in Richardson and another one somewhere in Plano. Looking at one of the videos, the light turned red as I was in the intersection....it also looks like the lights don't stay yellow for as long as they do at other intersections. In the other video it shows me trying to slow down but I didn't believe I could safely stop in time ;) to I kept going. It's a conspiracy!

fight the tickets. we did & had one of them dropped. the other...well....i ran the light b/c i was getting impatient. :lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:

He's right. Knowing the population around here I decided I needed to be more specific :lol:

[

He's right again. :lol:
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Those things are the WORST. They had them all over my area for a while but people complained so much and they finally took them out. Take that Man!!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:

He's right. Knowing the population around here I decided I needed to be more specific :lol:

[

He's right again. :lol:
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Those things are the WORST. They had them all over my area for a while but people complained so much and they finally took them out. Take that Man!!!!

that's what happened in Houston as well. they installed them, spent a fortune.....then the citizens actually got to vote. they were removed.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    You can beat a red light camera IF you are making a left hand turn by completely leaving your lane and make the turn in the adjoining oncoming lane.......The sensor for the camera is only in the turn lane :D
    uncle matty
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

that's what happened in Houston as well. they installed them, spent a fortune.....then the citizens actually got to vote. they were removed.

Nice!!!! Woohoo!! Sometimes the people can win!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    I drive by these all the time i allways flip them the bird everysingle time .......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i don't mind em. then again, i stop for red lights.

i will agree that the ones the local town took down were a bit redicoulus on the set up. nailing right hand turners :fp: that said, i would like to see the town do something about the left hand turners that run red lights in packs of 4-5. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    Mamasan23 wrote:

hehe....sounds kinda dirty
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,252
    They have them here. What's funny is the amount of accidents I've seen in these areas.
    So many times I've been caught "in between". I know the intersection has a camera, I can probably make the light...but it's going to be close. Definitely not worth the ticket. Hit the brakes.

I've seen so many people slam on their brakes just so they don't have to risk getting caught. Result is the guy behind them has to ALSO slam on his brakes. So many accidents as a result of those stupid things!
    Now, if nobody is behind me, I'll usually have a pretty hard stop. If anyone is behind me, I'll just go through and hope for the best. I figure a $75 ticket is going to be much less of a hassle than having to have the back end of my car repaired.

Not a good situation.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Better Dan wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

Did someone say conspiracy?
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

Did someone say conspiracy?

DS is on the case.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    mca47 wrote:
    They have them here. What's funny is the amount of accidents I've seen in these areas.
    So many times I've been caught "in between". I know the intersection has a camera, I can probably make the light...but it's going to be close. Definitely not worth the ticket. Hit the brakes.

I've seen so many people slam on their brakes just so they don't have to risk getting caught. Result is the guy behind them has to ALSO slam on his brakes. So many accidents as a result of those stupid things!
    Now, if nobody is behind me, I'll usually have a pretty hard stop. If anyone is behind me, I'll just go through and hope for the best. I figure a $75 ticket is going to be much less of a hassle than having to have the back end of my car repaired.

Not a good situation.

don't tailgate and pay attention to the car in front of you

#problemsolved
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Not a good situation.

#problemsolved
    Yeah, it just sucks being behind someone who has more than enough time to get through and they slam on their breaks. I would also assume that along with the frequency of accidents at these intersections, that there is probably a lot of spilled coffee too! :lol:
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Not a good situation.

#problemsolved
    Yeah, it just sucks being behind someone who has more than enough time to get through and they slam on their breaks. I would also assume that along with the frequency of accidents at these intersections, that there is probably a lot of spilled coffee too! :lol:

Those fucking intersections in Phoenix are like driving on an airport runway too. 9 million lines and stripes...no one knows where to drive. At least me. :fp: :lol:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Those fucking intersections in Phoenix are like driving on an airport runway too. 9 million lines and stripes...no one knows where to drive. At least me. :fp: :lol:

i've driven in a lot of cities....and Portland Maine has to be one of the worst. hey look, it's a nice four lane road....oh wait, we are getting near an interestion...left lane needs to turn left...get right get right. :fp:

hey idiots, put in a turn lane..
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

Just think how those old people feel!

Can't see shit.
    Things are confusing.
    Lines everywhere.

Old people scare me.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Just think how those old people feel!

Can't see shit.
    Things are confusing.
    Lines everywhere.

Old people scare me.

I seriously think I have been in intersections out there that are 1/8 mile long. Three lanes turning left off a highway....two turning right....dashed lines all through the intersection....no one knows where to drive. :fp:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

I seriously think I have been in intersections out there that are 1/8 mile long. Three lanes turning left off a highway....two turning right....dashed lines all through the intersection....no one knows where to drive. :fp:

Sometimes you just gotta improvise! :D
  • Options
    vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    the original purpose of red light cameras was to help stop accidents and as a safety feature. It just ended up being more of a money maker. I think there should be a large sign 1/8-1/4 mile from the intersection alerting people that there is one there. That way you have more time to decide if you want to go for it or not.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,756
    made a LEGAL right on red. Granted I didnt come to a full stop before turning, but thats not what the citation that was issued was about. It said I ran a red light. Have to post $95 bond by check or money order BEFORE the requested hearing , when I WIN , they will give me back my check.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14