Options

Pearl Jam/Soundgarden tour rumour - Classic Rock mag

boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
edited September 2012 in The Porch
http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news ... ur-rumour/

Nothing more than speculation from Classic Rock mag and personally I don't believe it. There's too many errors in the report for me to think its true but you can read it and make your mind up!
2000: Manchester
2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
2007: London
2009: Manchester
2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I can't see Matt being able to do that. yes, he plays up to 3 hours in a night with PJ, but if half of that set was SG stuff, that would turn his arms into goo.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    PJ and SG would definately both be into this I think but it really really boils down to Matt. If he can do it then, fuck yes...but that that would be one intense test to put himself through.
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    maybe if one band played at 6pm and the other at 10pm with 3 bands in between. Matt already said he'd never be able to handle a PJ/SG bill.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,283
    The station says: “Matt has confirmed on multiple occasions that he’s not leaving Pearl Jam, and that he’s committed to Soundgarden. If he is staying on with both, it could mean only one thing: a Soundgarden and Pearl Jam world tour.
    I would have thought that Matt staying with both bands is more likely to mean a totally diferent thing - separate tours. It'd be easy enough to schedule separate tours throughout 2013, it's not as if either band goes on year-long tours is it?
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,429
    How about each band plays in the same City/Venue. SG one night and PJ the next?

Could Matt handle that?
  • Options
    cutz wrote:

Could Matt handle that?

That would be cool as hell.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    cutz wrote:

Could Matt handle that?

He could handle it, but I think it would cut into profits too much to really consider it. Their fanbases are occupied by alot of the same fans and as cool as it could be for those that can make it, for alot of people it's just not feasible.

Can Soundgarden really pull crowds as big as PJ on a night in night out basis to justify playing the same venue?
  • Options
    Bring Dave abbruzzese in for pearl jams set then Matt can do soundgarden there problem solved!!!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    cutz wrote:

Could Matt handle that?
    That would be great!! And if filling both shows over 2 nights was a problem, they could just do smaller venues.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    boom on drums..problem solved ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”