Options

Bad transaction with "5against1-"... (RESOLVED)

DRIVETDRIVET Posts: 120
edited October 2012 in Lost Dogs
I would like to voice my dissatisfaction with a transaction I attempted with member "5against1-". Details follow:

The original For Sale post is here: http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=191354

On 21 Jun 2012, I got in touch with 5against1- expressing my interest in buying a Drop in the Park LP. I agreed to purchase the Drop in the Park vinyl for $65USD, shipping (Priority) included, which was voluntarily dropped by 5against1- from $70USD. I received pictures showing the vinyl I was to receive.

I gifted 5against1- payment through Paypal that night. I then received a message that he had sold it to someone else after I paid, which upset me, but it was determined that he got e-mail addresses confused and that I was the one 5against1- received payment from. 5against1- said that it would be in the mail the next day.

That was not the case. A week later, 5against1- notified me that he had some issues he was dealing with, and it would not be in the mail until the following Monday (I received this message 30 Jun 2012). I inquired the evening of that Monday if it was shipped, and it was not. 5against1- countered with a message that Priority shipping was $27, and would require more money from me to ship it that way, even though he offered to ship Priority all-in at $65USD.

Concerned that the deal was starting to look sketchy, on 03 Jul 2012 I then informed him that I no longer wanted the record, and to Paypal me the $65USD back. On 04 Jul 2012, 5against1- countered by informing me that he had thrown the record in the mail, but didn't say by what means.

On 12 Jul 2012, I told 5against1- that I had not yet received the record, and if USPS provided any tracking information. 5against1- said no, because it was sent by "snail mail" (media mail, I assume).

On 15 Jul 2012, I sent 5against1- a long PM with all these issues and conflicting statements I had received over the course of the transaction. On 19 Jul 2012, 5against1- countered with an offer of "freebies", a very brief explanation of his issues, and an apology.

02 Aug 2012, and still no record. I sent another PM notifying 5against1- of this.

08 Aug 2012, and another explanation of issues from 5against1- which involved an inability to get access to personal collections of vinyls and posters. I took this as 5against1- still not having shipped the Drop in the Park LP.

I received no further correspondence. On 07 Sep 2012, I sent a PM to 5against1- informing that I would be making this post the following Friday, and given that more than two months had passed since the original claim of the record being shipped (ample time for it to arrive via media mail), this was the appropriate course of action. I did not make that post until today, when 5against1- read that PM.

This is the first time I've been through a sour transaction with a member on this forum.

I do not have much of a presence on these boards, but I have built a large portion of my Pearl Jam record collection through transactions with several members here, with my progress maintained through this thread: http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=187708. Though I am not on the A+ Trading list, I'm sure any one of the fine people I've dealt with would vouch that they received payment from me very quickly, and I would vouch that I received what I paid for in a very reasonable amount of time (or if there were issues on their end, I would be kept up-to-date daily on the situation).

I didn't want it to come to this, but I hope that through these means it can be resolved (either I get the record or a refund from 5against1-).

:(
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    If I had an extra one I'd send it to you, but I don't. Sorry you have to deal with this. You shouldn't send via "gift" however. Just pay the extra couple bucks or whatever. Saves you the headache. Good luck.
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • Options
    I am NOT alone! I had a deal with 5against1 and it took him over three months to get me the poster we traded for. I finally got it two weeks ago. But yeah this guy is a piece of...... :roll: work, lets just say that. I put him on the A+list way before I should have so now I think I will edit my post. Good to see he sent your item at least. Thanks for posting, I wasn't sure if he has done this sort of think to someone else or if I was the one guy things went sideways with.
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Sorry to hear about your trouble. Hopefully the seller will make it right with you.

A full refund would be appropriate.

Not to beat the obvious horse to death, but yeah. Pay Pal gift is a nightmare when problems arise.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,393
    wow, man. sorry to hear that. keep your eyes peeled on popmarket & on the Lost Dogs forum. popmarket has offered some awesome deals for the boxsets, which include Drop in the Park. i'll keep my eyes peeled for you as well. and to the seller....refund the guy his money. shit happens & we all lose track of time and/or mess up. i hope you try to make this right.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Never gift unless you actually know the person you're dealing with. You have no protection as a buyer if you don't receive your goods. Good luck.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Never gift unless you actually know the person you're dealing with.
    Wilds wrote:
    Not to beat the obvious horse to death, but yeah. Pay Pal gift is a nightmare when problems arise.
    OGT92 wrote:
    You shouldn't send via "gift" however. Just pay the extra couple bucks or whatever. Saves you the headache. Good luck.

Absolutely. He was on the A+ sellers list at the time, so I let my guard down a little more than I should have. Hindsight's always clearer.
    Bennyorr4 wrote:
    Good to see he sent your item at least. Thanks for posting, I wasn't sure if he has done this sort of think to someone else or if I was the one guy things went sideways with.

The thing is, I have no way of knowing if he actually shipped it, he might have just said that to get me off his case. When he said he didn't have access to his personal collection of vinyl and posters a few weeks ago, that led me to believe he didn't ship the record when he said he did, and maybe still hasn't.

There has been no new develoments since I first posted, and I will update this thread if something changes.
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    If he doesn't have access to his records, why is he selling them? :fp:

I agree with MFC everyone makes mistakes. But the seller should refund the money ASAP
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    BUMP.
  • Options
    BUMP.

"5against1-" has not been online since reading my PM.
  • Options
    BUMP.
  • Options
    DRIVET wrote:
    BUMP.

"5against1-" has not been online since reading my PM.

wow. really? that is messed up. hope he fixes this soon.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    BUMP.
    mfc2006 wrote:
    wow. really? that is messed up. hope he fixes this soon.

I sent "5against1-" a PM containing a link to this thread on 24 Sep 2012. The PM left my outbox and entered my sent messages within the last couple days, so I assume "5against1-" has read this thread and everyone's comments.

However, no communication has been attempted by him.
  • Options
    BUMP.
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    DRIVET wrote:
    BUMP.
    He was on last week. I happen to see his name on the board. I remember thinking about this thread when I saw it.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
    Just got back into the forum to read about the great MT show..... freakin amazing....2nd row BTW

Anyway message was sent to mbr trying to get this fixed.

I've sold/traded with many people on here...

Sorry for this delay, thought I had vinyl then realized it was in storage shed.

Cheers
    This too shall pass.....
  • Options
    Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    Well then try and make it right man
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Options
    Update: "5against1-" has sent me a PM asking for my address, and that he will be shipping the record out tomorrow via Priority. I have provided that information to him.

Hopefully things are now heading on the right track, so we'll see what happens.
  • Options
    Good luck!
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    :corn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    :corn:

you're always eating popcorn....
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
    Kat please have this locked.....
    This too shall pass.....
  • Options
    5against1- wrote:
    it should probably be kept open until its confirmed that you made good on the deal
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    5against1- wrote:
    Just got back into the forum to read about the great MT show..... freakin amazing....2nd row BTW

Cheers

You had time to go to MT and the cash for the trip but you couldn't get this fellow jammer his vinyl you sold him from a couple months back? Pretty low if you ask me. Dude, 2 months is PLENTY of time to go to said shed. All it would've taken is a few hrs tops instead of 2 months....not cool buddy...GL getting your vinyl MBR
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,147
    badbrains wrote:
    5against1- wrote:

Cheers

You had time to go to MT and the cash for the trip but you couldn't get this fellow jammer his vinyl you sold him from a couple months back? Pretty low if you ask me. Dude, 2 months is PLENTY of time to go to said shed. All it would've taken is a few hrs tops instead of 2 months....not cool buddy...GL getting your vinyl MBR

Not to mention, if the OP is telling the truth he said he put it in the mail on July 4th. Obviously a lie. You wonder why.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Released1980Released1980 Posts: 1,790
    Can you imagine a Storage Wars episode and those fkrs open up a locker chock full o' PJ wax!?? Holy Shit that would be classic!!! YEPPPPP!!

Fuckin Flippers :lol::lol::lol:
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    Can you imagine a Storage Wars episode and those fkrs open up a locker chock full o' PJ wax!?? Holy Shit that would be classic!!! YEPPPPP!!

Fuckin Flippers :lol::lol::lol:
    Love that show, but they over price everything. They would find a used Ten and be like, this thing must be worth a 500 dollar bill minimum.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,450
    Bennyorr4 wrote:
    I am NOT alone! I had a deal with 5against1 and it took him over three months to get me the poster we traded for. I finally got it two weeks ago. But yeah this guy is a piece of...... :roll: work, lets just say that. I put him on the A+list way before I should have so now I think I will edit my post. Good to see he sent your item at least. Thanks for posting, I wasn't sure if he has done this sort of think to someone else or if I was the one guy things went sideways with.

If we were the mafia, and you said that he was a "friend of yours", you'd need to answer for him.
  • Options
    BUMP...

I am still waiting for the record to arrive.
  • Options
    5against1- wrote:

DRIVET wrote:
    BUMP...

I am still waiting for the record to arrive.

That is why this thread is not locked yet. Make good on your prmoise dude!
  • Options
    AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162
    I was just sent a poster tube by priority mail on the 5th of October and I received it on the 9th and that was with the weekend in there. The poster came from Virginia and I am in AZ. 4 days...
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04
This discussion has been closed.