SNL premiere

LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone watch Seth MacFarlane this past weekend on SNL? I thought it was one of the best episodes they've had in a really long time. He did an awesome job. I laughed a lot, which is rare nowadays with this show.
"Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
saldoubledutchgif_zps889c30d5.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Other than one skit with the puppets I seriously thought it sucked.
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    I thought it was a weak episode as well. Nothing memorable at all. I really hope they start writing more stuff for Bobby Moynihan. Drunk Uncle always cracks me up.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    I still think last season's finale with Mick Jagger was one of their best.

I thought the puppet skit was good. Bill Hader making out with the puppet killed me. :lol:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • DS1119 wrote:
    I couldn't agree more. Having Hack Macfarlane as the host was a very bad idea if they are trying to improve the show from the horrible past seasons.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
    DS1119 wrote:
    I couldn't agree more. Having Hack Macfarlane as the host was a very bad idea if they are trying to improve the show from the horrible past seasons.

They need the guys from Impractical Jokers to host an episode. Now that I would sign up for. :lol:
  • DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

They need the guys from Impractical Jokers to host an episode. Now that I would sign up for. :lol:
    That would be hilarious! :thumbup:
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • The first time I watched it I cracked up, and thought it was hilarious, but upon watching it a second time I realized there was only one sketch I found really funny, the puppet sketch. The Lids sketch was cracking me up at first, until I realized it wasn't some random funny thing and they were instead just jumping on some YouTube video trend.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,065
    I too, thought it was weak, and so was Frank Ocean. WTF????
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,410
    i missed it. doesn't sound like i missed much.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    The show is such a shadow of it's past self. Weekend Update has it's moments but overall it's just not that funny anymore. However more Nasim wouldn't be a bad thing. At least she's hot. :lol:

Box-Nasim-Pedrad.jpg
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,065
    DS1119 wrote:
    The show is such a shadow of it's past self. Weekend Update has it's moments but overall it's just not that funny anymore. However more Nasim wouldn't be a bad thing. At least she's hot. :lol:

Box-Nasim-Pedrad.jpg

AGREED!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    since i've been watching many years its become habit
    ( and sadly i have no social life )

it was ok
    jay pharoah does a funny obama
    and how fitting fred armisen introduced him
    ( he used to do obama )
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    jay pharoas impressions are getting better !
    didnt see much of this weeks episode
    however i did catch Pharoas impression of Michael Strahan.
    Very funny, doesnt look too much likem but he's got his voice down . ..
    platessmall.jpg
  • This week's episode was horrible! I didn't laugh, not once. I love Joseph Gordon-Levitt too...his last time hosting was decent. Dunno what the hell happened this week. I kept watching, hoping to see at least one funny skit. I did enjoy Mumford & Sons though. Never heard them before, might have to listen to some more :)
    "Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
    saldoubledutchgif_zps889c30d5.gif
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    jay pharoas impressions are getting better !
    didnt see much of this weeks episode
    however i did catch Pharoas impression of Michael Strahan.
    Very funny, doesnt look too much likem but he's got his voice down . ..
    Jay is terrific. I haven't watched last night's episode yet. Sitting in the DVR.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    This week's episode was horrible! I didn't laugh, not once. I love Joseph Gordon-Levitt too...his last time hosting was decent. Dunno what the hell happened this week. I kept watching, hoping to see at least one funny skit. I did enjoy Mumford & Sons though. Never heard them before, might have to listen to some more :)

I did enjoy Mumford and Sons as well.
    If the comedy isnt there any given week
    at least theres always the music acts .
    platessmall.jpg
    Let Dave Grohl host.
  • Newch91 wrote:
    Let Dave Grohl host.

Make Dave Grohl host
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Tonight's episode should be interesting. Host is Daniel Craig and musical guest Muse. Daniel is a fantastic actor, but I've never seen him do anything approaching comedy. Except for that thing with the Queen during the Olympics, but he wasn't funny, he just played James Bond and was pretty much the straight man. He has some big shoes to fill, the last Bond (Brosnan) was pretty damn funny when he hosted back in the day.

This weekend is the 50th anniversary of Bond, and the new Bond movie comes out next month I think, so I'm sure we're going to see some Bond sketches. Which are usually funny. My favorite was when Garth Brooks hosted and he played a doctor telling James Bond (played by Chris Parnell) that he was infected with MANY sexually transmitted diseases.
    Dr. Carlisle: I don't know how you've done it, James, but you have 107 different venereal diseases.

James Bond: I'm sorry?

Dr. Carlisle: 53 of them have been identified.. we've sent samples of 36 others to disease control center in Atlanta - they won't return our calls..

James Bond: But, what about the other 18?

Dr. Carlisle: The other 18, we've never seen before. They actually found some way to mutate spontaneously with other bits and pieces of venereal disease inside of you. Um.. so rare that we don't even have names for hem, so we're naming them "Bond-1", "Bond-2", and so on. Then there are three others..

James Bond: Oh.. I thought there were only 107?

Dr. Carlisle: Yeah. Well, we're thinking it's a bad lab report, because these three are only found in sharks.

James Bond: You know, uh, this watch can shoot laser beams.

Dr. Carlisle: That's great, James, but can it cure herpes? I mean, haven't you noticed the lesions? My God, the extreme discolorization? The erosion, for God's sake? The massive testicular swelling? Surely you're aware of the stench that even fills this room!
    well, i really digged Muse.
    platessmall.jpg
    I didn't watch tonight's episode but I have a feeling it sucked. :lol:
    I only watched the first 15-20 or so minutes, and it was OK. The opening sketch was OK, though I'm not really into the political comedy, the monologue was pretty funny, and the lesser known Bond Girls thing was great. The construction worker sketch was kind of dumb, and that was all I saw. I'll catch the rest tonight on the DVR.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Anyone watching?
    Newch91 wrote:
    Anyone watching?

I am, but I'm watching it on the DVR because the Stones Concert on PPV ran into SNL time. I'm only at the Tony Bennett sketch. Seems like they're going a bit overboard with the cameos, and I'm only 5 min in.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,791
    Newch91 wrote:
    Anyone watching?

I am, but I'm watching it on the DVR because the Stones Concert on PPV ran into SNL time. I'm only at the Tony Bennett sketch. Seems like they're going a bit overboard with the cameos, and I'm only 5 min in.

It was good
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Anyone watching?

It was good

I'm not finished yet. I see Paul McCartney and Nirvana played together again.

It's so weird though. Earlier today somebody told me the random fact that Paul Schaefer (Letterman's band leader) was the first person to ever say Fuck on SNL. Then I see him during the SNL monologue tonight and I think to myself "what a coincidence". Then in one of the sketches Sam Jackson may or may not have said Fuck, but definitely said Bullshit.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,791
    igotid88 wrote:

It was good

I'm not finished yet. I see Paul McCartney and Nirvana played together again.

It's so weird though. Earlier today somebody told me the random fact that Paul Schaefer (Letterman's band leader) was the first person to ever say Fuck on SNL. Then I see him during the SNL monologue tonight and I think to myself "what a coincidence". Then in one of the sketches Sam Jackson may or may not have said Fuck, but definitely said Bullshit.

He did
    I miss igotid88