The greatest thing today!!!

2»

Comments

• Nice congrats but why come here this country will be under marshall law come next yr :lol::lol: J/K
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • YAY!!! Congratulations to you both! :clap: Wishing you a lifetime of happiness :)
    Another PJ romance :mrgreen:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    that's awesome news!!! :mrgreen:
  • And yesterday when I started my trip to Frankfurt, I thought the worst. First, they were working on the tracks of the first train, so that we had to get out and continue by bus, so that I missed my second train. I then called my hotel guy to tell him that I would arrive two hours later, which was at 10 pm. He was surprised that I called and wondered why I didn't get an email by the booking company that told me that the pension was overbooked. So, he didn't have a room for me :o He promised me to try his best to find something within my price range, but a fair is going on in Frankfurt and all the hotels were booked. The cheapest thing available was a room for 180 Euros. After a while, I called back and he told me that his efforts were fruitless, but that he has an empty flat in his building where he could put a bed in for me to spend the night. I didn't want to spend a fortune on one night and was desperate, so I said yes. Even though I didn't know what kind of guy that was. It all sounded a little strange to me :? But I had my dad researching him on the internet and it all looked legit. All I knew of Frankfurt was from an experience years ago when I worked as a security person in a newly built skyscaper. We lived in a hotel near the main train station and the quarter was a little ... Well, I have never seen so many really old junkies in my whole life. So I was a little scared as to what I would have to expect. In the end, it was all okay. My bed was comfy, but not really a bed. The toilet was clogged and the shower didn't work, but I was so tired form the train ride that all that didn't matter. And I spent the night in Frankfurt for only 30 bucks :P :lol: At the embassy, I waited for 6 hours, without having eaten anything and only surviving on bad coffee and water. But it all worked out! I think I will never forget this day :lol:
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    And yesterday when I started my trip to Frankfurt, I thought the worst. First, they were working on the tracks of the first train, so that we had to get out and continue by bus, so that I missed my second train. I then called my hotel guy to tell him that I would arrive two hours later, which was at 10 pm. He was surprised that I called and wondered why I didn't get an email by the booking company that told me that the pension was overbooked. So, he didn't have a room for me :o He promised me to try his best to find something within my price range, but a fair is going on in Frankfurt and all the hotels were booked. The cheapest thing available was a room for 180 Euros. After a while, I called back and he told me that his efforts were fruitless, but that he has an empty flat in his building where he could put a bed in for me to spend the night. I didn't want to spend a fortune on one night and was desperate, so I said yes. Even though I didn't know what kind of guy that was. It all sounded a little strange to me :? But I had my dad researching him on the internet and it all looked legit. All I knew of Frankfurt was from an experience years ago when I worked as a security person in a newly built skyscaper. We lived in a hotel near the main train station and the quarter was a little ... Well, I have never seen so many really old junkies in my whole life. So I was a little scared as to what I would have to expect. In the end, it was all okay. My bed was comfy, but not really a bed. The toilet was clogged and the shower didn't work, but I was so tired form the train ride that all that didn't matter. And I spent the night in Frankfurt for only 30 bucks :P :lol: At the embassy, I waited for 6 hours, without having eaten anything and only surviving on bad coffee and water. But it all worked out! I think I will never forget this day :lol:

And to think you went through all of that for Cav. :fp: Cav? :P
  • DS1119 wrote:

A true VGL guy is worth that :P 8-)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    DS1119 wrote:

:fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    DS1119 wrote:

:lol: :thumbup: :clap:
  • 81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

:fp:

:nono: :lol: With the real VGLs it's not only the outside that is vgl ... And that is a package that is irresistible :mrgreen:
  • hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    Congratulations both of you!! :D
    I win.
    package that is irresistible :mrgreen:

That sounds dirty.
  • DS1119 wrote:
    package that is irresistible :mrgreen:

That sounds dirty.

:silent: :shifty:
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Yay! Congratulations on the awesome news!! :D:D
    ELITIST FUK
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    congratulations!!! So happy for you guys!!! Can't wait for the welcoming party!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    http://youtu.be/k6xZfReC2bM
    very merry christmas
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    Awesome! That is a good day! :clap:
    That's so cool you met at Alpine. Aww.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Congrats to the both of you! What an awesome story, meeting at Alpine. :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Glad things are working out for the both of you 8-) .

Here's to your continued fortunes :angel: :clap:. Looking forward to seeing the 2 of you in the USA the next time.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    That's one of the best stories EVER and I am sure that you are right and it is a day you will never forget! :mrgreen::mrgreen: Awesome.
    And yesterday when I started my trip to Frankfurt, I thought the worst. First, they were working on the tracks of the first train, so that we had to get out and continue by bus, so that I missed my second train. I then called my hotel guy to tell him that I would arrive two hours later, which was at 10 pm. He was surprised that I called and wondered why I didn't get an email by the booking company that told me that the pension was overbooked. So, he didn't have a room for me :o He promised me to try his best to find something within my price range, but a fair is going on in Frankfurt and all the hotels were booked. The cheapest thing available was a room for 180 Euros. After a while, I called back and he told me that his efforts were fruitless, but that he has an empty flat in his building where he could put a bed in for me to spend the night. I didn't want to spend a fortune on one night and was desperate, so I said yes. Even though I didn't know what kind of guy that was. It all sounded a little strange to me :? But I had my dad researching him on the internet and it all looked legit. All I knew of Frankfurt was from an experience years ago when I worked as a security person in a newly built skyscaper. We lived in a hotel near the main train station and the quarter was a little ... Well, I have never seen so many really old junkies in my whole life. So I was a little scared as to what I would have to expect. In the end, it was all okay. My bed was comfy, but not really a bed. The toilet was clogged and the shower didn't work, but I was so tired form the train ride that all that didn't matter. And I spent the night in Frankfurt for only 30 bucks :P :lol: At the embassy, I waited for 6 hours, without having eaten anything and only surviving on bad coffee and water. But it all worked out! I think I will never forget this day :lol:
  • Congratulations to the both of you on the great news!
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • im so happy for you Lisa!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • So happy for you both!! Congrats!!
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Why have I just now seen this?

Anywho congrats to you both! :D
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • I'm crashing that wedding.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    I'm crashing that wedding.

i could see this happening. look out, you two! :lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    I'm crashing that wedding.

i could see this happening. look out, you two! :lol:

It's happening.... mark my words... I'll be wearing a Boston Red Sox hat...