ESPN Sportscenter's 50,000th show

barger395barger395 Posts: 855
edited September 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
My favorite show. The Sunday night Big Shows with Dan Patrick and Keith Olberman were the must see tv of my college years, along with The Simpsons.

Cheers to Sportscenter's!!
Barger
Seen the Best Rock Band on the Planet a few times here and there.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Sportscenter sucks.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    barger395 wrote:
    My favorite show. The Sunday night Big Shows with Dan Patrick and Keith Olberman were the must see tv of my college years, along with The Simpsons.

Barger

I can even stomach watching this show anymore. If it wasn't for live sporting events I'd have no reason to watch ESPN.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    adam42381 wrote:
    Sportscenter sucks.
    this
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    "coming up next, on Sports Center"

hearing that always woke me up at the end of the Sunday night football game
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    JK_Livin wrote:
    barger395 wrote:

Barger

I can even stomach watching this show anymore. If it wasn't for live sporting events I'd have no reason to watch ESPN.
    Same here. I used to watch SportsCenter every morning before school back in the '90s. Now it's just a tabloid show with too much hyperbole and schtick. The only ESPN show I still enjoy is PTI. Even Baseball Tonight isn't worth watching anymore.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    LloydXmas wrote:
    adam42381 wrote:
    Sportscenter sucks.
    this

Yes, they repeat the headlines over and over and over and over again. There is very little to no talk of sports strategy and in depth analysis anymore.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I try and catch some highlights from the MLB network or the NFL network if I need to get updates. I also listen to DP in the morning every once in a while.

I used to like PTI
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    people still watch this shit show?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    1979...back when SPORTSCENTER had to search for sports to broadcast and to even talk about....THOSE were the truly fun days. Dan Patrick was my favorite.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Today's Sportscenter is drivel compared to what it was.

PTI is one of my favorite shows on tv.
    Seen the Best Rock Band on the Planet a few times here and there.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    It is strange how SportsCneter has taken a turn over the past few years. Pretty obvious the MLB and NFL Networks have had an effect on it.

Back in the days of college though we lived for Prime TIme Live on SUndays. I think it came on at 7PM. This was Berman at his best. When they would do the "Prime TIme" chant talking about Deion Sanders :lol:
  • pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,361
    all of espn blows, except their fantasy football set up and PTI....if you wanna hear about Tim Tebow watch espn, if you wanna listen to good analysis of your favorite sport...watch nfl, nhl, mlb networks. NFL network is great compared to those assholes on ESPN who make the biggest deal out of nothing.
  • pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,361
    god i hate espn, i hate them more than the pittsburgh steelers and new york jets
  • Congratulations E.S.P. Network

espn.jpg
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"