Options

***Help me get to Pittsburgh!

JerkoffJerkoff Posts: 28
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Here’s the story:

I really want to go to Pittsburgh. I live an hour outside of Toronto, but am moving to Mexico soon. My original plan was to have left last week (there is more involved to moving there, so it’s been delayed), so I didn’t make plans for Pittsburgh, as I was supposed to have been long gone by the time they played there. I saw them in Detroit (only decided to go the night before), and basically said my farewell in my mind, knowing that that was going to be the last time I was going to see them for a long time (assuming they’re not going to Mexico on this tour, or any time soon).

But then a funny thing happened; once I my move was delayed, and once I realized that Pittsburgh is only a five hour drive away, I really started jonesing for this show, to see them one more time. To chase “Red Mosquito” and “Breath” one more time; to give myself one more chance to hear “Light Years”, “Thin Air”, “Footsteps” and “Parachutes”, all songs I have never heard live before. Anyone who knows me or has talked to me at shows, knows I have a list (known as The List) of songs that I really want to hear that I have never heard before, and check them off as I go along. It’s become kind of a joke, and I’m not a rarity-monger, but I really do want to hear those songs. On the other hand, I’m never disappointed if they happen not to play any of them at any show I go to. But I digress.

There is, however, a hitch in my plans. Moving to another country is VERY expensive, and I’m tapped out. I just can’t justify spending money (even for Pearl Jam) that isn’t necessary. So here’s where you come in (hopefully).

Without sounding like a douchebag, I am asking for donations via PayPal to help get me to the show in Pittsburgh. I have no ticket, but as was the case in Detroit—which I went to ticketless—I’m sure I won’t have any trouble finding one. If I go, I plan on standing at the Ten Club box office and as people pick up their tickets, asking them if they have an extra one to sell at face. I’m figuring $60 for a ticket, $40 for gas each way (and if there’s anyone from southern Ontario reading this and wants to share a ride, even better), and $20 for parking. So I need about $160 total. Best of all, I will not collect the money from PayPal until I’m sure I’m going to go, and if I don’t go for any reason, all money will be refunded. Also, any money over and above what I need (if it gets to that point) will also not be accepted. If I do have any extra money, I will buy beer for random people who seem like they deserve it. So if you want to help me out and make a donation, you can do so via PayPal, and send it to me at unscarred@rogers.com

I see a lot of people on here talking about karma, and I’m hoping to bank on that. I doubt that anyone remembers, but last fall I offered free photo quality artwork for the four shows I went to on the Canadian tour.. I had got the artwork printed at a photo store and had about 10 extra sets of each show, and offered them to anyone who was interested and packaged and mailed them all out at my own expense. I also recently was in email contact with someone from this board who was looking for some specific pictures from the Detroit show. Being that I lucky enough to be in the third row for that show, I emailed her the pictures, then offered to burn her a CD of all the pictures and videos I had taken that night (which you should be receiving in the mail any day, if you’re reading this).

And lest anyone think I am a flake or a scam artist, I believe ACCBootlegGoddess and ]V[antis can provide references if necessary. Sure, they may say that I’m a douchebag or a jerkoff, but they’ll also tell you that I’m for real, and not out to rip anyone off.

I understand that there are gonna be people who will call me names for doing this, and understandably so, but if anyone can help me, you have my eternal gratitude (for whatever that’s worth). Let’s get this done, and we’ll all have a great time in Pittsburgh!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,793
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    "they may say im a douchebag or a jerkoff" look at your name......im sorry but begging for money because you dont have any isnt charitable
    4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/8/03, 7/14/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/4/06, 5/12/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/30/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10
  • Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    Dan Reis? heh heh couldn't resist.....
  • Options
    smartass1235smartass1235 Posts: 136
    Jerkoff wrote:
    Here’s the story:

I really want to go to Pittsburgh. I live an hour outside of Toronto, but am moving to Mexico soon. My original plan was to have left last week (there is more involved to moving there, so it’s been delayed), so I didn’t make plans for Pittsburgh, as I was supposed to have been long gone by the time they played there. I saw them in Detroit (only decided to go the night before), and basically said my farewell in my mind, knowing that that was going to be the last time I was going to see them for a long time (assuming they’re not going to Mexico on this tour, or any time soon).

But then a funny thing happened; once I my move was delayed, and once I realized that Pittsburgh is only a five hour drive away, I really started jonesing for this show, to see them one more time. To chase “Red Mosquito” and “Breath” one more time; to give myself one more chance to hear “Light Years”, “Thin Air”, “Footsteps” and “Parachutes”, all songs I have never heard live before. Anyone who knows me or has talked to me at shows, knows I have a list (known as The List) of songs that I really want to hear that I have never heard before, and check them off as I go along. It’s become kind of a joke, and I’m not a rarity-monger, but I really do want to hear those songs. On the other hand, I’m never disappointed if they happen not to play any of them at any show I go to. But I digress.

There is, however, a hitch in my plans. Moving to another country is VERY expensive, and I’m tapped out. I just can’t justify spending money (even for Pearl Jam) that isn’t necessary. So here’s where you come in (hopefully).

Without sounding like a douchebag, I am asking for donations via PayPal to help get me to the show in Pittsburgh. I have no ticket, but as was the case in Detroit—which I went to ticketless—I’m sure I won’t have any trouble finding one. If I go, I plan on standing at the Ten Club box office and as people pick up their tickets, asking them if they have an extra one to sell at face. I’m figuring $60 for a ticket, $40 for gas each way (and if there’s anyone from southern Ontario reading this and wants to share a ride, even better), and $20 for parking. So I need about $160 total. Best of all, I will not collect the money from PayPal until I’m sure I’m going to go, and if I don’t go for any reason, all money will be refunded. Also, any money over and above what I need (if it gets to that point) will also not be accepted. If I do have any extra money, I will buy beer for random people who seem like they deserve it. So if you want to help me out and make a donation, you can do so via PayPal, and send it to me at unscarred@rogers.com

I see a lot of people on here talking about karma, and I’m hoping to bank on that. I doubt that anyone remembers, but last fall I offered free photo quality artwork for the four shows I went to on the Canadian tour.. I had got the artwork printed at a photo store and had about 10 extra sets of each show, and offered them to anyone who was interested and packaged and mailed them all out at my own expense. I also recently was in email contact with someone from this board who was looking for some specific pictures from the Detroit show. Being that I lucky enough to be in the third row for that show, I emailed her the pictures, then offered to burn her a CD of all the pictures and videos I had taken that night (which you should be receiving in the mail any day, if you’re reading this).

And lest anyone think I am a flake or a scam artist, I believe ACCBootlegGoddess and ]V[antis can provide references if necessary. Sure, they may say that I’m a douchebag or a jerkoff, but they’ll also tell you that I’m for real, and not out to rip anyone off.

I understand that there are gonna be people who will call me names for doing this, and understandably so, but if anyone can help me, you have my eternal gratitude (for whatever that’s worth). Let’s get this done, and we’ll all have a great time in Pittsburgh!

have you lost your fucking mind?
    4-30-03
    7-06-03
    7-11-03
    9-28-04
    9-29-04
    5-13-06
    6-03-06
    6-27-08