Astorians with tickets

Comments

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    'Morning all! Haven't been on this board over Easter and I just can't get through so many pages! So update me.... Dave - are you dancing around the handbag happy? All you sickies - are you all OK? No flu? No sore throats? Good.... I am sooooo excited! Can't wait for tomorrow.
    shmike - are you the only one on is thread with free tickets? I am too. Just wondering where we will be - any idea?
  • blue_rainblue_rain Posts: 163
    redrock wrote:
    'Morning all! Haven't been on this board over Easter and I just can't get through so many pages! So update me.... Dave - are you dancing around the handbag happy? All you sickies - are you all OK? No flu? No sore throats? Good.... I am sooooo excited! Can't wait for tomorrow.
    shmike - are you the only one on is thread with free tickets? I am too. Just wondering where we will be - any idea?

Actually a friend of mine who is going to the show with her husband has just emailed me to say she feels dreadful today. Too much excitement and you fall apart. "I got a fever, and the only prescription is more pearl jam".
    "Is my band ready to kick it?" Stone Gossard

28/Oct/96, 29/May/00, 04/Jun/00, 28/Jun/00, 30/Jun/00, 02/Jul/03, 03/Jul/03, 05/Jul/03, 08/Jul/03, 09/Jul/03, 20/Apr/06, 27/Aug/06, 09/Sep/06, 13/Sep/06, 12/Jun/07, 13/Jun/07, 18/Jun/07, 26/Jun/07, 28/Jun/07, 02/Apr/08 (Ed), 03/Apr/08 (Ed), 11/Aug09, 13/Aug/09, 17/Aug/09, 18/Aug/09, 25/Jun/10
  • niknik Posts: 262
    redrock wrote:
    i've got the free tickets but have no idea where we will be....don't mind either
    "I know someday you'll have a beautiful life...I know you'll be a star"
    Astoria 20-4-06 (when pj rocked)

Dublin 2006....Alive,Black,RVM,Leash...awesome)

*Astoria Crew*

www.pearljam70.piczo.com- for some delicious pics of Eddie
    http://www.myspace.com/pjrocks4ever

Nik = Nicki (female)
    nik wrote:
    i've got the free tickets but have no idea where we will be....don't mind either
    I know - anywhere is good. Happy birthday by the way!

Blue Rain - tell your friend to take two aspirins and she will feel better in the morning (isn't that the way it's supposed to go?).
  • shmikeshmike Posts: 216
    nik wrote:
    10 club told me we will be on the balcony reserved section and will not have access to the floor downstairs...
    Living the dream in 2006 - Astoria, Reading & Prague
    And 2007 - Wembley

With alchohol in leaf and tree it must be natures plan, for there to be to some degree...alchohol in man
  • PaulDPaulD Posts: 6
    Joining this thread waaaay too late...

I'll be there with my sister, but won't be getting into London (travelling from Cambridge) until just after 6pm. Will anyone still be in the Royal George by then or will you all have left for the queue?
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    nik wrote:
    Yippeeeee.....it's my Birthday today and I'm getting the best pressie this year even if it's a day late....I'm so excited now my stomach's got butterflies..
    Oh and the shitty cold is on the way out....can't wait to meet everyone tomorrow...it is going to be so mental!!!!!!

Happy Birthday - see you tomorrow! Will text you later about meeting at the hotel!!!!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
    at work now...its gonna be the longest day....ever !

at least I have all PJ studio cds to keep me going + some boots and a few off the new cd (sshhhhhhhhh)

driving to london around 7am tomorrow....5hrs drive :( ....but more PJ :D

y'all excited??
    And 2007 - Wembley

With alchohol in leaf and tree it must be natures plan, for there to be to some degree...alchohol in man
    shmike wrote:
    at work now...its gonna be the longest day....ever !

at least I have all PJ studio cds to keep me going + some boots and a few off the new cd (sshhhhhhhhh)

driving to london around 7am tomorrow....5hrs drive :( ....but more PJ :D

y'all excited??
    Excited is an understatement! Where are you driving from?
  • 3manstack3manstack Posts: 205
    anyone on this thread going to try and smuggle a digital camera in ?

Im thinking about it but Im concerned if it gets picked up by the security on the way in . been to the astoria a few times and never been searched before......

any thoughts would be appreciated.
  • KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    3manstack wrote:

Im thinking about it but Im concerned if it gets picked up by the security on the way in . been to the astoria a few times and never been searched before......

I'm taking one... if they wont let me in with it I'll just drop it of to my studio which is just round the corner! If anyone else has the same problem they're welcome to do the same!
    redrock wrote:
    Excited is an understatement! Where are you driving from?
    Cumbria...good job I like driving...spesh when I can pump up the volume...
    And 2007 - Wembley

• stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Mornin' all :D:D Just woken up and realise.............

ONLY 1 DAY TO GO :D:D

How hyper am I?

We are leaving for London in hour and a half !!!!!!!!!!!
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
    3manstack wrote:

No I'm not risking it. I have two disposable ones though :)

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I've just booked tomorrow and Friday off work as holiday - sorted! I thought I'd have to work there for a minute. Result!! So is anyone meeting this evening for a few drinks in London??

Yep - at the Porterhouse in covent garden (Maiden Lane)!
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    3manstack wrote:

I'm taking mine in. It's pretty small and should fit in my jeans pocket.If they do confiscate it, I'll make sure I get it back on my way out.
    Mornin' all :D:D Just woken up and realise.............

ONLY 1 DAY TO GO :D:D

How hyper am I?

We are leaving for London in hour and a half !!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, I just booked tomorrow and Friday off work....are you still meeting for a few beers this evening????
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Hey, I just booked tomorrow and Friday off work....are you still meeting for a few beers this evening????

I do believe so :D

Rockin' out to Creadles

Hmmm...where??
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Hmmm...where??

I just said earlier on in this page... sent you PM too!

Give me a ring later when you know whats happening - 07800877004. I can have a lie in tomorrow now so am up for a few bevvies later.
    Keithos wrote:
    I just said earlier on in this page... sent you PM too!

O.k, just seen your pm. See ya later!
    I need a time to tell everyone for the drinks tonight... was thinking 7:30 onwards- what's good for everyone?
    Keithos wrote:
    I need a time to tell everyone for the drinks tonight... was thinking 7:30 onwards- what's good for everyone?

Just read a thing about this pub -

"The furnishings are of very pleasing oak and leather and the wood panelled ceiling is a great success and matches perfectly the widespread use of gleaming copper piping throughout the interior."

Brilliant!! "...the wood panelled ceiling is a great success.." What the f+ck does that mean?
  • ChumfattyChumfatty Posts: 140
    Byrnzie wrote:

Brilliant!! "...the wood panelled ceiling is a great success.." What the f+ck does that mean?

It successfully keeps the rain out.

I was going to abstain from Pearl Jam's Music today but couldn't do it, I lasted 3 hours then re-watched the SNL performances. I dunno what I was thinking, I working lates today, everyone will be out the office by 4pm and I have 5 hours with my Ipod and speakers, it was never gonna last.

Anyways I am super-excited now I have my tickets can't concentrate, I ain't gonna be doing much work this evening if I can help it. Just wish I could be down in london going to the pub tonight.
    My body is a temple come kneel at my prayer mat.

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

Dublin 23/08/06 - best gig ever!
    Byrnzie wrote:

"The furnishings are of very pleasing oak and leather and the wood panelled ceiling is a great success and matches perfectly the widespread use of gleaming copper piping throughout the interior."

The place looks like a Victorian Spaceship! They sometimes have a band playing in the basement...
  • """The furnishings are of very pleasing oak"""

the pleasing oak is a happy tree

it only grows in fairylands and other imaginary areas

its very sought after

especially in pubs
    Byrnzie wrote:

It means that when people get so drunk they just stare at the ceiling all the time :D Perhaps that's just me :o

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Chumfatty wrote:
    It successfully keeps the rain out.

I was going to abstain from Pearl Jam's Music today but couldn't do it, I lasted 3 hours then re-watched the SNL performances. I dunno what I was thinking, I working lates today, everyone will be out the office by 4pm and I have 5 hours with my Ipod and speakers, it was never gonna last.

Anyways I am super-excited now I have my tickets can't concentrate, I ain't gonna be doing much work this evening if I can help it. Just wish I could be down in london going to the pub tonight.

We thought Soundgarden was a safe bet this morning. :D

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    you're all lucky fucks......pearljam in the astoria, when I heard the whole thing sounded so incongruous it was akin to a plot in a dream, tho cos I aint going more like a nightmare.......missing the shit on me own doorstep.....................oh, by the way how much did those of you who got thru website pay for your tickets???