Astorians with tickets

Comments

• stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    belfast1 wrote:
    oh how i laughed just now at the prices on ebay

theres one guy even asking for 99pence donations to allow him to purchase a ticket from the bigbadtoutmen

paris of tickets for 500 of your english pounds - crazy stuff

Laugh all you want but it's really not funny. Some people do ACTUALLY want to go and some are prepared to pay that amount of money. It sickens me that people will do this (sell them for that price I mean) :(
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    belfast1 wrote:
    oh how i laughed just now at the prices on ebay

theres one guy even asking for 99pence donations to allow him to purchase a ticket from the bigbadtoutmen

paris of tickets for 500 of your english pounds - crazy stuff

You'll be damn lucky to get two tickets on ebay for £500... try £700...
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    yes you did :(

so you must know a lot about it then :p
    The day I said my first word, my dad was wondering if I would ever shut up!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Laugh all you want but it's really not funny. Some people do ACTUALLY want to go and some are prepared to pay that amount of money. It sickens me that people will do this (sell them for that price I mean) :(
    I just read this thing on the meanfiddler site re: touts on online auctions - they say they are doing what they can but basically it is not illegal to do so. It would seem they are trying to work with ebay, etc. to stop this kind of thing.
    http://www.meanfiddler.com/displayPage_reading.asp?ArticleID=2931&URLID=67
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Hi Dave. Firstly I'm female.

Reading this thread has sent my heart racing. Thanks for being such a star trying to sort this out :D

Am on Easter weekend holidays so won't be checking in too often but let me know if you want me to PM my number so you can keep in touch.

Will probably try on get on internet once tomorrow but horrible dial-up connection where I am.

To everyone else congrats on such a monster thread :D am glad I decided to wade through the last few pages. See you all in the George whatever happens :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Chime wrote:

Reading this thread has sent my heart racing. Thanks for being such a star trying to sort this out :D

Am on Easter weekend holidays so won't be checking in too often but let me know if you want me to PM my number so you can keep in touch.

Will probably try on get on internet once tomorrow but horrible dial-up connection where I am.

To everyone else congrats on such a monster thread :D am glad I decided to wade through the last few pages. See you all in the George whatever happens :)

Woo! :D See you in the George for sure. :) I'm sure you will get a ticket though, must stay positive :)
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Chime wrote:

Cool, even better!! ;)... still waiting to hear though!!
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • How long are they here for?
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    How far is this place from the Astoria - just booked a room as so many others seem to be staying there! Will be checking in around 3.30pm if anyone else is planning on heading to the George from there!

Also, any Newcastle Pearl Jam fans heading down on the Thursday morning National Express bus?
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    foxymop79 wrote:
    How far is this place from the Astoria - just booked a room as so many others seem to be staying there! Will be checking in around 3.30pm if anyone else is planning on heading to the George from there!

Also, any Newcastle Pearl Jam fans heading down on the Thursday morning National Express bus?

I'm sure its about a mile or so... 15-20 mins walk... 30-40 mins stagger :)

hopefully i'll be checked in by then and at the pub but i'm sure there are loads on this thread checking in and around that time.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman... on the red tonight sir?
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • shmikeshmike Posts: 216
    foxymop79 wrote:
    How far is this place from the Astoria - just booked a room as so many others seem to be staying there! Will be checking in around 3.30pm if anyone else is planning on heading to the George from there

Not staying there myself (I'm over by Hyde Park somewhere), but the Astoria is very close to tottenham court road tube station.
    Your hotel is close to Kings Cross. Its walkable, no prob..

http://www.aboutbritain.com/maps/hotel375-map.asp
    Living the dream in 2006 - Astoria, Reading & Prague
    And 2007 - Wembley

With alchohol in leaf and tree it must be natures plan, for there to be to some degree...alchohol in man
    UKDave wrote:
    dunkman... on the red tonight sir?

why yes Dave sir... a little bit of South African Western Cape Red... 13.5%.

I only drink wines above 13% otherwise i may as well drink Vimto... well flat Vimto... well flat Vimto that'll eventually get you drunk if you drink enough :confused:

tell me you got the tickets Dave....
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    why yes Dave sir... a little bit of South African Western Cape Red... 13.5%.

I only drink wines above 13% otherwise i may as well drink Vimto... well flat Vimto... well flat Vimto that'll eventually get you drunk if you drink enough :confused:

tell me you got the tickets Dave....

Not yet mate, still waiting, two contacts from Gumtree, one at face value, one offering 2x tickets at £400, either are awesome, just waiting for confirmation!! and drinking to make the time pass....... :)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    and drinking to make the time pass....... :)

libation of choice tonight is????

well i hope either ticket option comes off for you... you'll get in someway or other... do touts charge £200 a ticket 5mins after the show's started?

surely they;ll take best money and not want to lose too much.... evil bastards like, but its a last resort..
    After a couple of cheeky bottles of Becks...

A Cabernet Shiraz, Australian, 13.5%...

Yeah, fuck it, don't mind missing the first few minutes, just a risk that they sell them all....
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    A Cabernet Shiraz, Australian, 13.5%....

quality my good man...

up to much over easter break then?
    Got my youngest (13) for the weekend, heading up to York on Sunday, possibly down to bleeding Cornwall if I need to pick up those tickets... who knows?!! ;) you?
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    yeah.. i'll be doing stuff with the kids as well... no plans as yet but taking them to roll eggs on Sunday, other than that no travel plans... UNTIL FUCKIN THURSDAY!!! so yeah, quiet weekend!
    Plane, train or automobile sir?
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    Plane, train or automobile sir?

going down on the train... straight down with no changes and I think one stop!!! only takes 3hrs 15 mins from here... thats amazing

seen this.. its a trailer for the new album (contains spoilers) it came free with the iTunes purchase of WWS i think.. anyway its good, but its no PJ and Duncan

http://www.getyourfix.com.au/pearljam.html
    Cool man, I'm watching it now!!
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    Comatose is my favourite song thus far... i love it
    going down on the train... straight down with no changes and I think one stop!!! only takes 3hrs 15 mins from here... thats amazing

seen this.. its a trailer for the new album (contains spoilers) it came free with the iTunes purchase of WWS i think.. anyway its good, but its no PJ and Duncan

http://www.getyourfix.com.au/pearljam.html

saw that earlier...very interesting clips from new songs...they sound pretty intense.....
    And 2007 - Wembley

With alchohol in leaf and tree it must be natures plan, for there to be to some degree...alchohol in man
    the only song I have heard in full (WWS excepted) is Parachutes.

I dont wanna spoil the CD, but I am starting to crack I think
    And 2007 - Wembley

Downloaded a boot from a guy earlier, need to check that out soon, just booted my youngest off msn though!! :)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    shmike wrote:
    the only song I have heard in full (WWS excepted) is Parachutes.

I dont wanna spoil the CD, but I am starting to crack I think

I've heard WWS and Unemployable, a snippet of something on that link thats sounded good but never heard before

Gone demo, and Comatose as live versions..

i wont crack though... for the rest
    I've heard WWS and Unemployable, a snippet of something on that link thats sounded good but never heard before

Gone demo, and Comatose as live versions..

i wont crack though... for the rest

oh aye, heard Gone live....didnt know they had played Comatose live????
    And 2007 - Wembley

Fuck, my resolve has just doubled if that was possible!!!!!!
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    Fuck, my resolve has just doubled if that was possible!!!!!!
    you mean from the little samples on the vid?
    they sound like they have a seriously hard album......cant wait to hear Ed do the "another another another another WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!" from WWS next week...sends shivers down the spine just imagining it :D
    And 2007 - Wembley