How long does it take to close on a property?

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited September 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm purchasing a short sale that was approved by the bank over a month ago, August 9th. I need to be out of my place now by October.

According to my realtor, my bank is waiting for paperwork from the other bank.

I'm going to be homeless in a few weeks if they don't fax that shit! :evil:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• :lol:
    Sorry, but if there's any rhyme or reason to that process I don't know what it is! Seems like everybody goes through this, where you hear one thing and something else happens. Eventually they tell you to show up at the closing with a check in your hand.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    Sorry, but if there's any rhyme or reason to that process I don't know what it is! Seems like everybody goes through this, where you hear one thing and something else happens. Eventually they tell you to show up at the closing with a check in your hand.
    That's what I've been told. As soon as I find out, it will be quick, but holy fuck! :fp:
  • I have no idea what those people must do all day and why it has to take so long. If you bug them, you just get something vague like "Maybe Thursday or Friday. . . ." Those days will then pass without a word and you've already taken time off to move. :roll:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Pressure your agent to get shit moving.

I did a normal purchase and i just agreed on a date with the seller
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    Pressure your agent to get shit moving.

I did a normal purchase and i just agreed on a date with the seller
    If I don't hear anything by the end of this week, I'm going to start raising shit. When I talked to her last Friday she seemed pretty confident any day now and at the most two weeks.

I'm a realtor and this is true.
    I'm purchasing a short sale that was approved by the bank over a month ago, August 9th. I need to be out of my place now by October.

your bank (the bank giving you financing to buy the house right?) is waiting on paperwork from what "other bank"??

your bank should have a signed purchase agreement from the the seller of the house, subject to the seller's mortgage holder accepting less than what is owed (short sale). If you have an official approval then you should be able to start to schedule a closing.

mortgage holders on short sales, at the end of all the red tape, typically issue a formal letter to the seller and others involved that they will accept $XXXXX amount with a closing date not later than XX-XX-2012 and net proceeds to be no less than $XX,XXX.

that's my question, has anyone have a copy of that official "yes, we will accept this short sale" from the sellers mortgage company?
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • amethgr8 wrote:
    :lol:

I'm a realtor and this is true.

your bank (the bank giving you financing to buy the house right?) is waiting on paperwork from what "other bank"??

your bank should have a signed purchase agreement from the the seller of the house, subject to the seller's mortgage holder accepting less than what is owed (short sale). If you have an official approval then you should be able to start to schedule a closing.

mortgage holders on short sales, at the end of all the red tape, typically issue a formal letter to the seller and others involved that they will accept $XXXXX amount with a closing date not later than XX-XX-2012 and net proceeds to be no less than $XX,XXX.

that's my question, has anyone have a copy of that official "yes, we will accept this short sale" from the sellers mortgage company?
    Actually, looks like the bank is waiting for some paperwork from the association.. Yes, they have an approval statement from the bank. The lender must have the funds no later than November 1st.