Options

Question for Canadians who have shipped sold items

halvhalv Posts: 680
edited September 2012 in Lost Dogs
Curious who you have used for shipping sold goods in the past to other areas of Canada or the US.
I don't have a tremendous amount of faith in Canada Post so was looking at Purolator, Fed Ex, etc.
Any suggestions? They all seem a bit pricey for shipping things like vinyl but I've never done it before so maybe I'm just being unrealistic.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Lone Drawn MeteorLone Drawn Meteor Vancouver, BC, Canada, Northern Hemishpere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe Posts: 1,230
    Canada Post for almost every sale. Nothing's ever gone awry.
    I am close enough to the USA that I've sent some items via USPS as well. Other than a small price break, there's been not much difference between the two.
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,517
    halv wrote:
    Curious who you have used for shipping sold goods in the past to other areas of Canada or the US.
    I don't have a tremendous amount of faith in Canada Post so was looking at Purolator, Fed Ex, etc.
    Any suggestions? They all seem a bit pricey for shipping things like vinyl but I've never done it before so maybe I'm just being unrealistic.

I ship everything with Canada Post (75% of the packages to the USA, 25% elsewhere) and I've never had an issue. Postage is expensive, and shipping in general isn't cheap regardless of who you ship with. Have faith in Canada Post as they're still cheaper than the couriers - I'd recommend Xpresspost service (with tracking, insurance, and signature available) for packages shipped within Canada and Expedited service to the USA (with tracking, insurance, and signature available).
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836
    100 Pacer wrote:
    halv wrote:

I ship everything with Canada Post (75% of the packages to the USA, 25% elsewhere) and I've never had an issue. Postage is expensive, and shipping in general isn't cheap regardless of who you ship with. Have faith in Canada Post as they're still cheaper than the couriers - I'd recommend Xpresspost service (with tracking, insurance, and signature available) for packages shipped within Canada and Expedited service to the USA (with tracking, insurance, and signature available).

I use the same thing 100 Pacer uses. I like to go the Canada Post Expedite route. Offering the same service, tracking & insurance like Xpresspost, just it takes 3 day's or so behind & much cheaper. Canada Post Xpresspost service is much faster & expensive.

NEVER go the route of UPS when shipping goods outside the country. For those online stores that ship by UPS, ask if you could use another service to ship your item your way. Going Internationally, say from the USA to CDN, those guy's charge a lot of mula on your packages. Freight charges. Service charges. Tax charges etc ... They will eat you .. ALIVE!!! :fp:
  • Options
    see above asnwers.

canada post is by far the most economical and trustworthy out there, eh.

make sure that vinyl is well packed!
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    see above asnwers.

canada post is by far the most economical and trustworthy out there, eh.

make sure that vinyl is well packed!

I agree with all the above posts(and I work for a courier ssshhhhh!)
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • Options
    halvhalv Posts: 680
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Canada Post it is! Really appreciate it.
  • Options
    rattzeyrattzey Posts: 875
    Canada Post is by far the best :D ........coming from a mailman that is, but I do believe in the company I work for and I think I (we) do a hell of a good job.... :)
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J