Texas High School Building $60 Mil Dollar Football Stadium

g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
edited September 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
They say everything is BIG in Texas well I gather that goes for HS football as well.

Texas High School Building $60 Million Dollar Stadium

allenhighschool.jpg
Allen, TX -- A Texas high school is building a $60 million football stadium.

Most of the people living in Allen voted in favor of a $119 million bond for the project. Allen High School's stadium holds about 14,000 fans but it's a tight fit believe it or not.

The marching band has more than 600 members, which makes it the largest in the nation. The new stadium will have 18,000 seats.

"I think that's what people that aren't from this area, or not from Texas, don't understand," says Athletic Director Steve Williams. "The magnitude of the event and how many people come to support and watch their kids."

The district's superintendent Kevin Helvey say the stadium alone is going to generate considerable revenue for the community. A lot of people may not understand it, but that revenue goes right back into the whole fund for the teachers. It doesn't go directly to the football program.

The plan also includes an auditorium for fine arts, a training room for the school's wrestlers and even an indoor practice area for the golf team.

It should be built and ready to go next year

Peace
*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
.....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Talk about not having anything to do holy hell :lol::lol:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Talk about not having anything to do holy hell :lol::lol:

Also a marching band with 600 members...well no wonder they need a 60 mil dollars stadium just to support the band. Ten years ago in MD they built a new HS from where I graduated for 52 Million in which 3,200 students attend. The most expensive HS in the state at the time.

America but be on it's way back economically if we can build stadiums like this at these prices...WOW!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• g under p wrote:
    Talk about not having anything to do holy hell :lol::lol:

Also a marching band with 600 members...well no wonder they need a 60 mil dollars stadium just to support the band. Ten years ago in MD they built a new HS from where I graduated for 52 Million in which 3,200 students attend. The most expensive HS in the state at the time.

America but be on it's way back economically if we can build stadiums like this at these prices...WOW!

Peace

I thought the same thing America has to be on the way back no :lol::lol: 600 members in the band :o
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    High school football is big business in the SOuth.
  • DS1119 wrote:
    High school football is big business in the SOuth.

I know plus what else can you do on a friday night in Texas oh yeah the Rodeo :lol::lol:
  • It opened last weekend to big fanfare. There are universities that don't have stadiums that nice.

I predict other communities will now try to outdo this one. :roll:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    I hate this state sometimes. :fp:
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"