Do a Good Deed on 9/11 ***CONTEST***

capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
edited September 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I was reading on Twitter yesterday about "9/11 Day" and it sounds like they're trying to get people to get out and do a nice good deed for somebody else, and I thought that sounded like a really cool idea.

So, I thought let's bring this to the fine folks at the 10Club. I'm sure everybody around here does good stuff on a regular basis but let's go all out for this one.

I'm going to do a "9/11 10Club Good Deed Contest". Do something awesome this coming Tuesday, September 11th. Do something really awesome. I'm not talking about holding the door open for somebody behind you or helping an old lady cross the street, I'm talking about really going out of your way for somebody or something. Put some effort into it. Don't just donate $20 to favorite charity, go knock on their door and ask how you can help. You have a few days to think about and come up with something really cool. We all know that every little bit helps, and how good it makes us feel inside when we do something selfless just to help out others. So, let's do this right.

The way the contest works is that you go out and do something and then report back here what you have done. Write out a great big long story of what you did, how it effected others and how it made you feel. Why did you pick what you picked to do? Let's get into great details here.

You post here and tell me what you did, and I'll judge the contest. The best story, the best deed, the one that makes me all tingly inside wins.

I will buy the winner something of their choice from the Goods section (I'm thinking like a $25 limit or something close to that). I'll buy it, pay for it, and have it sent to your house.

Hopefully this will get you thinking about what you can do and hopefully lots of people participate. Have fun with it!

Any questions for feedback, just let me know! :D

Help me keep this thread bumped so that everybody gets a chance to see it.
* Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
* Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
* Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
* East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
* Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    very cool idea!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    very cool idea!!!

Thanks Matt :P
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    mfc2006 wrote:
    very cool idea!!!

Thanks Matt :P

you got it! count me in!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    it only applies to stuff done on the 11th?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    it only applies to stuff done on the 11th?

That's what I'm aiming for, yes.
  • CONTEST RULES UPDATE!!!

Ok, I have decided to change this up a little bit once I sat down and really thought about it.

The contest STARTS RIGHT NOW! and runs through September 11th, Midnight my time (EST).

So anything you do between now and then will count. So you've got all weekend to do something awesome :D

Also, I'm changing the way the winner will be picked. Instead of picking my favorite story I'm going to just randomly pick a winner. I was thinking and I don't think it's fair to pick the person who managed to do the biggest and best good deed, because big or small a good deed is still a great thing. And, I don't want somebody to think that what they could do is so little that it wouldn't make a difference. This way everything everybody does is equal. I think that's a lot more fair for everybody involved.

That's it, hopefully people get on board with this and have some fun!